Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No response from Autel tech service since April

realbud

Reaction score
Hi
I experienced the failure of the drone during a first not even flight but take off when it got 3 meters high and then suddenly just fall to the ground like a stone on January, 14th.
I've contacted the tech team to resolve the issue and then after sending them a log file of the drone they just stopped to answer my emails and requests.
The last update was on April, 14th and since then I've sent them maybe 5-6 emails but still no response.

It is the worst experience with customer service that I ever had.
Imagine buying a drone and not being able to fly since JANUARY.

Hi
I experienced the failure of the drone during a first not even flight but take off when it got 3 meters high and then suddenly just fall to the ground like a stone on January, 14th.
I've contacted the tech team to resolve the issue and then after sending them a log file of the drone they just stopped to answer my emails and requests.
The last update was on April, 14th and since then I've sent them maybe 5-6 emails but still no response.

Reading through a high quantity of very similar posts (and experiencing something very similar myself from a component failure point-of-view), I am horrified that the penultimate manufacturer of drones (DJI is still top of the heap) treats people who choose to spend large amounts of their money on products... a significant proportion of which are unreliable to begin with... with such contempt. For the life of me: I can't understand how the hell they are still solvent.

As far as the United States are concerned: I think what it will take is for a group of people who have similar problems and issues with support to get together, seek legal advice from a really frothy ambulance-chaser and pursue a class action suit.

If a piece of merchandise is clearly not fit for purpose: you have legal recourse. Worst case scenario is that Autel Robotics will cease selling their drones - while that leave all of us with our arses hanging out in the wind: at least people wanting to buy drones from that date onwards won't end up facing this as an ongoing situation that will never be resolved.

The Autel dog has now got the proverbial bad name and has done next to nothing to reverse the situation. Standardised manufacture should guarantee the quality and reliability of a product BEFORE it leaves the factory. A product that fails should be the exception and not the rule: and product failures SHOULD be addressed immediately. A happy customer will come back and spend more money in the future. Piss people off by taking their money and then ignoring them and you're making sure you lose a long-term source of future revenue. Bad business sense unless you've got a 'Fire-Sale' mentality which means you're not planning on HAVING a future.

The problems and failures I have read about so far seem to revolve around certain components, mainly motors, gimbals and batteries all across the Autel range. I think it is clear that these parts are obtained and/or fitted through third party sub-contracts and that those third party suppliers/assemblers don't give a damn about quality control.

I wonder how much more of what makes up an Autel drone is put together through a successive chain of outsourced assembly? Outsourcing might be cheaper, but if you do this: you might design a silk purse: but the chances of you ending up with a pig's ear is a lot higher unless you really have your foot on the neck of the sub-contractors.

I know this doesn't address or solve your own situation, but a high percentage of us are or have been in a similar boat already. Some of us get proper resolution: but a lot more don't and it is just a crap shoot as to who draws the lucky ticket. It's wrong, it isn't fair and these products aren't cheap Chinese toys sold out of suitcases on street corners - something you pay a buck for and expect it to go goofy, or break. There are people on this forum who have forked out for Autel Enterprise class products that fail outright: go wild half way through a flight, crash into lakes and have all the reliability of a circus clown's car... that's a VERY big buck to pay for something that ends up as a paperweight.

I don't know retail law in the US but in the UK the first port of call is with the retailer you bought it from. It is their responsibility to resolve the issue - for at least the first 12 months.

I don't know retail law in the US but in the UK the first port of call is with the retailer you bought it from. It is their responsibility to resolve the issue - for at least the first 12 months.
Then you get to try that with Currys/PC World and discover that their version of the Consumer Rights Act absolves them of all responsibility and they'll argue black-is-white that you have to deal with the manufacturer. Luckily: I'm well clued-up concerning UK Consumer Law and can quote quite a bit of it verbatim. Smaller reputable retailers are usually far better to deal with (usually). In the UK: the only retailer I'd recommend using is ARGOS. Their returns policy is stellar and puts pretty much all the rest to shame.

Hi

i have a nano plus… over a year now still no tracking… will NEVER buy a autel product ever again… including their vehicle products… it’s a dysfunctional company…period!!!

Reactions: Dsixty6
TBH other than the lack of the Dynamic Tracking feature my Nano+ is doing just fine. It has taken me a while to work out some of the functions and that's not been helped by the poor manual.

I'd love to know why Dynamic Tracking isn't with us yet, especially as it was released in Beta 6 months ago. It's not a showstopper for me but there are some times it would be handy.

Reactions: lifeisfun

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody