Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No pitch or roll expo adjustments on Evo II?

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
I have an inquiry into Autel....

Coming from DJI I am finding it a bit unbelievable that there is no expo adjustment for pitch and roll? It really MUST be in the app somewhere? I am completely aware of the yaw expo and the gimbal adjustment - not what I'm talking about.

Literally can't creep forward without a pretty jerky motion (I'm talking sloooooow). Roll has way too much input. Inputting roll and yaw at the same time to make a smooth banked turn is nearly impossible. When you reduce the expo on the yaw, the other two axis are way out of balance compared to the yaw. It's basically like the yaw is in cinematic (what I am trying to achieve) and yet the pitch and roll are still on ludicrous speed.

Someone please tell me there is some expo adjustments for pitch/roll somewhere on the app?

Last edited:
I have an inquiry into Autel....

Coming from DJI I am finding it a bit unbelievable that there is no expo adjustment for pitch and roll? It really MUST be in the app somewhere? I am completely aware of the yaw expo and the gimbal adjustment - not what I'm talking about.

Literally can't creep forward without a pretty jerky motion (I'm talking sloooooow). Roll has way too much input. Inputting roll and yaw at the same time to make a smooth banked turn is nearly impossible. When you reduce the expo on the yaw, the other two axis are way out of balance compared to the yaw. It's basically like the yaw is in cinematic (what I am trying to achieve) and yet the pitch and roll are still on ludicrous speed.

Someone please tell me there is some expo adjustments for pitch/roll somewhere on the app?

Have you tried the Dual Stability or Precision flight modes? I was trying them out a couple flights ago. They really slow down the aircraft and it's movements.

I don’t think you’re going to find any adjustments like that. If you will go over to the Autel website, you can download their Beta software IOS/Android. You will find the adjustments you want. There are a few posts here about that if you’ll just look around.

I don’t think he’s downloaded the Beta software.
I don't have the Beta software either. I wouldn't know where or how to begin getting or installing that lol. But under the flight modes menu Precision mode and Dual Stability are there. I could see them being very helpful for cinematic shooting.

I don’t think you’re going to find any adjustments like that. If you will go over to the Autel website, you can download their Beta software IOS/Android. You will find the adjustments you want. There are a few posts here about that if you’ll just look around.

Interesting, great, thank you :)

Yet to find ramping for the pitch. Letting off the wheel results in a sudden stop of movement instead of a gradual graceful stop.

Software not yet at Pro level. Recent additions to adjustments are encouraging.

It has been fixed if you download the beta app and upgrade to the latest firmware the expo it has expo. However, after I set it up I have to put full deflections to make descending turns and if i let up just a bit it gets goofy. Compared to DJI its not there yet. It is better so they are listening. The sensitivity settings seem off also at 100% on bank its doggy big time now. I think I am going to return it and just stick with my P4P.

I tested Precision Flight and Dual Stability on a recent flight with v.2.3.3 firmware. Precision Flight allows you to adjust the maximum speed in the 3-axis of flight, pitch, roll, and yaw. However, it does not soften the starting and stopping of stick movements. Dual Stability effects only pitch and roll (right stick for Mode 2). It greatly reduces the ramp up and ramp down of these commands. This can be distressful when you want the drone to stop right away! It slows down gradually. There are separate adjustments for aircraft yaw and camera pitch rates.

I am not talking about either flight mode just manual. I have no issue on the stopping of the drone. You drone should not stop on a dime as this is very hard on your motors. Make sure you upgrade to the beta app it changes a few things. Good Luck all I have boxed it up and am returning it. I will stick with DJI as it does everything I need with no "testing" or waiting for updates.

What did you expect buying a brand new Drone design released from a much younger company???

the beta App 1.59 and 2.3.3 firmware are dramatic improvements With complete EXP dampening adjustments that make the drone handling nearly on par with Mavic.... been flying DJI exclusively for 7 years; I’ll take the E2P all day over any DJI Mavic or Phantom with their Geofencing. There have been conspicuous threads posted by Augustine on this forum For weeks with the Beta App links.... Just sayin’

Reactions: House Forasken
I am not talking about either flight mode just manual. I have no issue on the stopping of the drone. You drone should not stop on a dime as this is very hard on your motors. Make sure you upgrade to the beta app it changes a few things. Good Luck all I have boxed it up and am returning it. I will stick with DJI as it does everything I need with no "testing" or waiting for updates.
Good luck with dji now that trump is giving them the boot!

What did you expect buying a brand new Drone design released from a much younger company???

the beta App 1.59 and 2.3.3 firmware are dramatic improvements With complete EXP dampening adjustments that make the drone handling nearly on par with Mavic.... been flying DJI exclusively for 7 years; I’ll take the E2P all day over any DJI Mavic or Phantom with their Geofencing. There have been conspicuous threads posted by Augustine on this forum For weeks with the Beta App links.... Just sayin’
Autel is not a young company! They have been building automotive equipment long before DJI was even formed!

Autel is not a young company! They have been building automotive equipment long before DJI was even formed!
Yes, I have some of their Automotive products, diagnostic, testing etc... but that is a long way from developing a successful drone to compete with DJI... and now, possibly Skydio. Aside from electronics, this would be, IMO, a very large step for them.

Reactions: Rubik3x

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy