Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No missions for nano and lite

ssb73q

Reaction score
Hi, the project manager for Autel said last night on Ken Heron's show that there is no intention to supply mission capability for the nano and lite drones. Only the EVO ll, Enterprise, and future EVO 3 will have mission capability.

Regards,
Richard

This is why many will return to Dji. The Air 2 already has all the missions and for the Air 2 S, the SDK will be released at the end of the week and it will have the Litchi missions during January. And at that moment, sorry Autel, my choice will be made elsewhere.

Mobile SDK​

Release Time: 2021-12-31​

Version: 4.16 Android Version(iOS:To be determined))​

New Features​

Added support for DJI Mini SEConfirmed​

Supported Product: DJI Mini SE Supported Platform: Android Description:Added support for DJI Mini SE.

Added support for DJI Mini 2Confirmed​

Supported Product:DJI Mini 2 Supported Platform: Android Description:Added support for DJI Mini 2.

Added support for DJI Air 2SConfirmed​

Supported Product:DJI Air 2S Supported Platform: Android Description:Added support for DJI Air 2S.

Added support for High-Res Grid photo to Matrice 300 RTKConfirmed​

Supported Product: Matrice 300 RTK Supported Platform: Android Description:Added support for High-Res Grid photo.

Added support for Smart Track to Matrice 300 RTKConfirmed​

Supported Product: Matrice 300 RTK Supported Platform: Android Description:Added support for Smart Track.

Bye et Good Year 2022, Boys.

Hi, I think that Autel has reached its peak with the 1-2 year old EVO ll V1. It has missions and Live Deck that differentiates it from all the other consumer drones. If DJI offers a Mini 3 with extended flight time and large sensor, the current offerings by autel are dead meat. I would like to see Autel offer enhance color science for their EVO ll. I don't think we will see an EVO 3 in 2022.

Regards,
Richard

it will be interesting to see how quickly the sdk can make litchi into a viable and workable solution for waypoints for the orphan dji drones like the mavic 3.

It will take about six months for the Mavic 3 SDK to come out, the time that the firmware is up to speed and "finalized" and it is not yet the case. After that can go very quickly, there are only the codes routine to put in Litchi.

Reactions: Brendan688
The DJI drones that use the Fly app basically only get hacks for missions using their SDK’s. It is not a great solution.

The DJI drones that use the Fly app basically only get hacks for missions using their SDK’s. It is not a great solution.
True. I have an Air 2s. The new SDK is out, but as you say, "missions" aren't really that - they're just a hack. No onboard waypoints, no missions such as I had on my Parrot Anafi (wish I'd never sold it), just some lame virtual joysticks bodge. I'm going to get myself an EVO II Pro.

Reactions: aebiv
True. I have an Air 2s. The new SDK is out, but as you say, "missions" aren't really that - they're just a hack. No onboard waypoints, no missions such as I had on my Parrot Anafi (wish I'd never sold it), just some lame virtual joysticks bodge. I'm going to get myself an EVO II Pro.
The Anafi is such a neat little bird. I picked one up on some Best Buy Christmas sale, and it’s really become my second favorite drone.

I think you’ll really enjoy the Autel.

The Anafi is such a neat little bird. I picked one up on some Best Buy Christmas sale, and it’s really become my second favorite drone.

I think you’ll really enjoy the Autel.
Yeah, I'm actually hunting around for crashed examples and hope to rebuild one. I could have just done that with the one I had, but I thought I was upgrading with the Air 2s. What a mistake. I usually research the heck out of my drone purchases but didn't this time.

Reactions: aebiv

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg