Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

No Fly Ambient Temp

Does anyone know what the "No Fly Ambient Air Temp" is for the XSP?
I don't but have been looking into that as well, I am in AZ too and it is supposed to be 110 where I am.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Well, looks like lots of early mornings or late flights during most summer days.

Yep; supposed to be up to 110 here as well. I wonder what the temp at 200' is when it's 110F on the ground? :)

That would be interesting to attach a remote reading thermometer to the xstar . My bbq one reads 500 feet away. My guess is not much difference until at least 1000 feet. -50F at 40,000 . :)

My optimal operating temperature is very similar to the xsp so I will play inside during extremes.

s
Well, looks like lots of early mornings or late flights during most summer days.

Well, that all depends on what time of the summer. There are times in July and August that our lows are warmer than most of the highs in the US. So I guess flying on Tuesday when the predict high of 118 is a little too warm.

Yep; supposed to be up to 110 here as well. I wonder what the temp at 200' is when it's 110F on the ground? :)

It's still warm. You need to get up to about 4000' level for it to be cool. When I was working on my private pilot I always hated flying in the summer as there is no AC in the small planes.

July 3, 2007 I was out there in Az and it was 128 when we crossed the Hoover Dam into Nev. I won't be passing that way on a bike again this time of year.

Temp decreases approx 3.5 degrees F per 1000 feet of altitude gained
Correct, on average. Or 2 degrees C per 1000'. Realistically, the temperature at 200' - 400' AGL will be minimally different than at the surface though - you generally have to get one or two thousand feet up before the standard lapse rate really starts to apply.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller