Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New version of B4UFly

Luinil

Reaction score
Website
www.luinil.com
B4UFly was update a couple of days ago thanks to the folks at Kittyhawk. Spent some time today working with the maps and found it much improved over the previous versions. Also did some comparisons to the map in Airmap.

The biggest difference I found was that B4UFly does not show all the areas where drone flights are not allowed. AirMap shows national wildlife refuges and designated wilderness areas while B4UFly does not.

Airmap also shows the airport grid squares with max elevations for each square. B4UFly just shows the a circle over the airport.

I noticed that immediately as well. So, which one is right? According to B4UFLY (bottom), I can fly all over the Northern California coast. According to Air Map (top), I can’t. How can they be so vastly different? AD5F8293-B60A-40FD-8963-321713EAFD84.png10008246-957A-429D-BF3D-38A7200557A4.png

I noticed that immediately as well. So, which one is right? According to B4UFLY (bottom), I can fly all over the Northern California coast. According to Air Map (top), I can’t. How can they be so vastly different? View attachment 4868View attachment 4869
I was reading about this yesterday over at phantompilots.com. I would use the Airmap database over the B4UFLY. It is better to ask permission, than to ask forgiveness in this situation.

I was reading about this yesterday over at phantompilots.com. I would use the Airmap database over the B4UFLY. It is better to ask permission, than to ask forgiveness in this situation.
“But Officer, here is the official FAA map saying ‘I’m Good to Go’. How can the FAA be wrong?” ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials