Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New to using a phone with a drone.

FOUNDRYRATJIM

Reaction score
I have a Nano drone. I also have a Yuneec Typhoon H. It has a transmitter with its own monitor. When using a cellphone with a drone transmitter are there any issues or loss of communication if a phone call or text message comes through while flying the drone? Thanks.

Yes almost sure. After being connected and having obtained the card, switching the laptop to Airplane mode to cut off all external communication is the safest thing to do.

Yes almost sure. After being connected and having obtained the card, switching the laptop to Airplane mode to cut off all external communication is the safest thing to do.
why would say that? ive had dozens if not hundreds of text messages and calls come into my phone while flying and there have been zero issues. this was before i got into smart controllers so i don't do it lately but i agree it's probably better the go into airplane mode. however, i'm not going to call this a safety issue that is might cause disconnects; that would be a myth and unproductive. you are better to turn it off to avoid the annoyance and you don't get screen interruptions or screen blockages but incoming phone calls and text message do not disrupt the communications from the transmitter to the drone any more than 5g cellphone towers are preventing commercial aircraft trying to land at the airport. sometimes you may want to get your phone calls if you are out in the field flying drones for couple hours at a time.

i know they call it airplane mode but that doesn't mean you need to switch to that mode in order to fly an airplane! ok, that was a joke. :)

I have a phone I don't use any more.I think I will dedicate that for use with the Nano. There will be no cellular connection so I won't have to deal with the distractions.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody