Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New to Autel Evo 2 with smartcontroller v2

Exodus

Reaction score
I just got the smart controller V2 and with the manual is wrong or the software is wrong. I am unable to get the controller to change frequency. The steps in the manual do not exist in the settings. I did try to do what the Autl video suggested
I followed every step but nothing happens. He said at the end that the firmware needs to match. How does that happen if I can't connect? I could use a friend on this. I will admit I am a bit of a novice.

Within settings, Did you connect to hotspot, normally from a phone.

I had that problem before, couldn’t change bands. Played with it a while, eventually all as working. Make sure all updates are current, give it another try connected to hotspot.

Did you purchase the Evo 2 and the Smart Controller as a kit?
No I already had the evo 2. Do I need to have cellular on the smart controller? The app says it is the latest and the software says it is the latest. It wants firmware V2 1.57 but that can't happen because I can't connect

Last edited:
Within settings, Did you connect to hotspot, normally from a phone.

I had that problem before, couldn’t change bands. Played with it a while, eventually all as working. Make sure all updates are current, give it another try connected to hotspot.
I am confused by your message the smart controller v2 doesn't have a hot spot setting. I am connected via wifi. Are you referring to the regular controller?

No I already had the evo 2. Do I need to have cellular on the smart controller? The app is latest and the software is latest. It wants to firmware V2 1.57 but that can't happen because I can't connect
I followed every step but nothing happens. He said at the end that the firmware needs to match. How does that happen if I can't connect?

You can connect to the drone with the standard controller so you can check what firmware is on the craft. Have you already done that?

Press the button on the side of the aircraft
And pair it with the smart controller

Press the button on the side of the aircraft
And pair it with the smart controller
Thank you for your input, As I stated I already followed the video to the letter. I press the button it flashes but the controller does nothing. It seems like they are not on the same frequency and the quick guide instructions indicate going to setting/remote control/ data transmission. There is no data transmission option in remote control.

I found the answer. I have a V1 EVO 2 and a v2 controller. Just spoke to Autel and they confirmed this. I now have the hottest paperweight on the planet. If anyone is looking for this controller let me know before I return to the resale or post it on Ebay.

I found the answer. I have a V1 EVO 2 and a v2 controller. Just spoke to Autel and they confirmed this. I now have the hottest paperweight on the planet. If anyone is looking for this controller let me know before I return to the resale or post it on Ebay.
I see now, so you have the wrong Autel SC controller for then Evo 2 V1 model.

When ordering the SC controller , did you specify ordering SC V2 or SV V1. Maybe the dealer can take it back, hopefully the error can be fixed over this misunderstanding.

I see now, so you have the wrong Autel SC controller for then Evo 2 V1 model.

When ordering the SC controller , did you specify ordering SC V2 or SV V1. Maybe the dealer can take it back, hopefully the error can be fixed over this misunderstanding.
The dealer agreed to take it back. Unfortunately, they never clarified this difference. I will ship it back. Thanks for your help. This versioning thing is just starting to make sense to me. Evo 2 version 1 and 2, smart controller v1 and v2. Thanks for your desire to try and help.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
The dealer agreed to take it back. Unfortunately, they never clarified this difference. I will ship it back. Thanks for your help. This versioning thing is just starting to make sense to me. Evo 2 version 1 and 2, smart controller v1 and v2. Thanks for your desire to try and help.
Good to hear the dealer is taking it back, misunderstanding and if they didn’t yes the dealer should have mentioned it was SC V2 model.

This was bound to happen, we all seen this coming.

If you’re still looking for a SC V1, seen one recently on classifies for a good price just below retail. Some are asking outrageous prices, personally below or at original retail is fair. Any higher, is wrong.

Reactions: Exodus
yep, this type of confusion will be around for at least another year or two. the sad news is the vast majority will be done against the unsuspecting that will have little to no resource when dealing with a dishonest private seller. you get lucky to have honest dealer that will take it back; good to hear.

Another problem is there are resellers and dealers where drones are just a side part of their sales that do not have any, or very little understanding with this. I have spoken to a couple that have had no education from Autel around the version issues with autel evo and smart controllers.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials