Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New style Evo 2 pro gimbal cover

johnnycat500

Reaction score
A friend just received his evo 2 pro rugged bundle fromEvo 2 pro new style gimbal cover #3.jpg droneworks and it has a new style gimbal cover that is so easy to put on and off. Would anybody know where this can be purchased?

I used the pictured instructions on how to hold it...and once you have it down it is quite easy to do IMHO.Sorry, I'm referring to the original one not the newer one.

I used the pictured instructions on how to hold it...and once you have it down it is quite easy to do IMHO.Sorry, I'm referring to the original one not the newer one.
A friend just received his evo 2 pro rugged bundle fromView attachment 7951 droneworks and it has a new style gimbal cover that is so easy to put on and off. Would anybody know where this can be purchased?

I didn't know there was a New or Old, that is what mine came with.

Might try Autel CS.

Reactions: PingSpike
I just talked to Autel customer service and he confirmed the one in the picture I posted is the new design. They should be available in 1 or 2 weeks, but will be in the future at some point.

So is Autel gonna ship this “new” gimbal clap to all that purchased bc the original is a real PITA to deal with...

I’m going to call them on it send me the new style and I’ll send mine back

I'm glad I saw this thread, thanks. I was just about to tool up and look into making
some spares and debating 3D or resin/urathane casting. i'll just hang tight now

it matters little to me which version as I've not found it challenging to use the original
design but would mind an extra...knowing I'll have one of those forehead slapper
moments in which I left the cover sitting on a rock ....or at home

I will be getting the new style cover for my main one, but will be using the old style as a backup also. Shoot, yesterday I drove 30 mile round trip to get some sunrise pictures, only to find out I didn't put my TX back in the case before I left the house LOL.

I will be getting the new style cover for my main one, but will be using the old style as a backup also. Shoot, yesterday I drove 30 mile round trip to get some sunrise pictures, only to find out I didn't put my TX back in the case before I left the house LOL.
Hi All,
We just purchased an 8 k and 6 k pro combos and 8k has the new type clip and very easy to use and the 6 k has the old type. However, the 8K had the lens facing down in the cover and was wondering if there are some GURU's here that know if that is correct. Hard to get answers here in Australia. John Hennessy
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

I would love one, it looks like it accommodates ND filters without having to take them off!

While I'd be glad to try the new one, my original cover can be placed on with a filter installed.

Reactions: Rubik3x
over the months, I have been squeezing my old cover to put it on and take it off and now I think it's too tight and too narrow to fit over the camera head itself without risking damage. last time I "forced" it on, took me 10 minutes to coax it off trying not to damage the gimbal. needless the say I don't use it any longer and while I don't want to blame the filter....any way I can modify the old style? we are talking about the width, the slots where the sides of the camera go into.

New style gimbal cover arrived today.

It's nicely packaged in it's own little foam-lined box:

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 20.08.57.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 20.09.06.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 20.09.14.png

New on the left, old on the right:

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 20.09.29.png

It's 10x easier to fit and remove.

Very snug when fitted too.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 20.09.38.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 20.09.46.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 20.09.53.png