Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New review on EVO II ... from DJI?

xval

Reaction score
Here we go, on dpreview:

Finally they recommend DJI for better image quality:
"unless you need zoom capabilities on a 1"-type sensor, and you really care about the crispness of your imagery, the Mavic 2 Pro will fare better for most professionals."

new low for dpreview, IMHO.

I thought the review was a good one with this:
"The quality of the 4K/60p video I was able to capture with both the standard and Pro is superior to its competition as far as sharpness and clarity are concerned. For example, the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't utilize its full sensor, making video footage a bit softer in contrast to the crisp footage captured with either a Phantom 4 Pro or Autel EVO II series."

I think they meant to say in the statement quoted above that the Evo II is FOR those who need zoom and CARE about the crispness of the imagery, based on the earlier statement in the article. They should have worded it better. The sample footage in the article is OUTSTANDING. Yes, I am partial to Autel, and freely admit it. We NEED Autel to succeed to create more competition against DJI.....Autel has a big win with the Evo II line. I think this article will help a lot more than hurt. Thanks for posting it!

Reactions: AirStag and Ansia
Yes, DPReview took some heat for not doing a more detailed camera quality comparison. They are, after all, a camera review site. Hopefully, they will do another comparison. They also didn't discuss the fact that you need to check-in with China before you can fly a DJI drone. What there are saying, though, for people who are not fussy about image quality (or data security), the MA2 is more realistic (cheaper) alternative. I still enjoy reading their reviews.

Here we go, on dpreview:

Finally they recommend DJI for better image quality:
"unless you need zoom capabilities on a 1"-type sensor, and you really care about the crispness of your imagery, the Mavic 2 Pro will fare better for most professionals."

new low for dpreview, IMHO.
I believe it was a good, balanced review. I don't understand why all the comparison reviews only do video. Personally, I was a photographer before I was a drone pilot. I still have very little interest in video.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58