Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New props

XPilot

Reaction score
Orbited my drone into a darned tree limb resulting in a snapped propeller blade. The drone's OK, I just had to clean the mud out of a nav light lens and replace one prop. Lucky me.
Since I should get a new pack of blades, I'm asking who makes a good set that's maybe more performance oriented and QUIETER. You can hear this thing coming a half mile away at 200 feet. Not very stealth at all. Any idea's?
Thanks in advance. Mike

I did notice their website. You can even get props in a funky yellow. I think white with red tips would be hot pahtootie...*s. I certainly learned my lesson to climb to altitude PRIOR to hitting START in the Orbit mode.
What made me think the drone would climb over tree height like when on a Waypoint mission is beyond me...DUH!
Mike

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I shouldn't comment here, since I don't fly a X-Star, but I would stick with OEM props. After market props usually come out of balance, which in turn makes your drone vibrate and eventually crack the chassis.

I only fly my XSP’s with black Master Airscrew props. They are somewhat quieter and seem to perform better, especially on take-offs — its more like a launch! I’ve tried a few times to balance these props, but they’re so close right from the factory, I don’t bother anymore. They also come in limited-edition PINK! :)

I only fly my XSP’s with black Master Airscrew props. They are somewhat quieter and seem to perform better, especially on take-offs

I just recently put on a set of Master Airscrew props and immediately noticed that they were a bit quieter. But, not only quieter, but they sounded a bit lower in the frequency spectrum too. More hummingbird than bumblebee.

Thanks for all the reply's. I'll be ordering up a few sets!
Mike

I have a set of these, and found them to be pretty stealthy.

Here is another opinion. I don't like the Master Airscrew props at all. The center screw is not attached in any way and when you screw them on your drone they still have a lot of play in them. They make me nervous. Also I think they also affect the handling of the drone in a negative way. The decent speed is faster so under a automated landing the drop way to fast and the drone lands harder than normal. I feel the lift speed is faster slightly, they are slight quieter but the turning is more sluggish IMO. They are also no where near as durable as the stock props. I won't use them anymore myself. I regret buying a set.

You must have a older set of the props. The new ones the bolt is molded in. The old props had bad threads and would not tighten down properly. I suggest emailing them for a refund or exchange. Many of us have had no problems with them. Sorry you ran into trouble with yours.

Reactions: dronechimp
Here is another opinion. I don't like the Master Airscrew props at all. The center screw is not attached in any way and when you screw them on your drone they still have a lot of play in them. They make me nervous. Also I think they also affect the handling of the drone in a negative way. The decent speed is faster so under a automated landing the drop way to fast and the drone lands harder than normal. I feel the lift speed is faster slightly, they are slight quieter but the turning is more sluggish IMO. They are also no where near as durable as the stock props. I won't use them anymore myself. I regret buying a set.
Sounds like you may have gotten a set from the bad batch of nuts that master airscrew had. Try holding the motor with one hand and tighten the prop down a little more with the other hand. If that doesn't work you can contact MA and they should replace them for you. They actually gave me 2 sets for my one bad batch set. One thing for sure is if they don't tighten down to snug then don't use them. Contact MA and you'll be happy with the new set.

OK email sent. I will update on what they tell me. I just purchased them like 3 weeks ago on Amazon so if they do make a newer version I am anxious to try them out again.

Probably got old stock from Amazon. Hopefully they get you all fixed up.
I think you’re right, very old stock, as that issue was corrected almost a year ago. They should screw on very easily, and should perform very well. I’ve had over 100 flights on both stock & MAS props, the difference is noticeable. Quieter, faster launch, never had an issue with RTH or manually landing.

They are good about taking bad ones back, although they initially had an expiration date on the offer which ended around 6 months ago. If you can prove you recently bought them on Amazon, you should be OK, hopefully. I’d send them a screenshot of the purchase w/ a date...

Last edited:
I got a new set on the way. I just had to take a picture of my box and they then sent off a new set. I will test them when they get here and let you guys know if they are any better. The rep told me that the center nut was supposed to not be attached for the purpose of centering. I was like OK? The stock ones are attached so I dunno. I hope the problem is fixed with a new set and then I can join the group in saying they are a great product. Thanks for the suggestion to contact them. I would have never known there was a updated version of these props. I just remembered I forgot to tell them the color. Oh well no biggy.

I got a new set on the way. I just had to take a picture of my box and they then sent off a new set. I will test them when they get here and let you guys know if they are any better. The rep told me that the center nut was supposed to not be attached for the purpose of centering. I was like OK? The stock ones are attached so I dunno. I hope the problem is fixed with a new set and then I can join the group in saying they are a great product. Thanks for the suggestion to contact them. I would have never known there was a updated version of these props. I just remembered I forgot to tell them the color. Oh well no biggy.
Very cool. Good to hear. I'm sure you'll be very happy like the rest of us. Just remember as I already said. You may have to grab the motor with one hand and tighten with the other. It just seemed to stop at one point but when I turned it a tiny bit harder they all went on snug.

OK I got the new props today. They are much differant than the set I got from Amazon. These have the center nut attached to the prop. The first set you can just take the center nut right out. I will try and fly with them this weekend but they look like a huge improvement from the first set I was sent.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials