Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Product Release: Evo Evolution 2 Wet Suits - Designed to fly in the rain

When we made the Wet Suits for the DJI drones we saw a tremendous spike in Storm Pictures that were really beautiful.

The Wet Suits are an amazing tool so you can get the job done rain or shine.
So you can take a chance and go up in skies and not have to Panic or worry about the Battery Disconnect or the Power Button failure.

The interesting thing about the rain is that you dont always see it in the shots , it has to be a really hard rain for it to show up on the Camera.

If you do get rain drops on the lens you can get them off in mid flight by dropping the gimbal up and down and using the wind , its a skill and you can get really good at.

View attachment DJI_0828-HDR-Pano.jpg

View attachment DJI_0701-HDR-Pano.jpg

IMG_8963.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG

Screenshot 08-29-2020 10.39.10.jpg

These are all days where there is some risk of getting caught in heavy rain.

Knowing your drone is protected allows you to Minimize the Risk and get the best the storm has to offer.

email us at [email protected]
for details and an invoice.

I can see why this idea is appealing, but I'm skeptical. What about protecting the motors? They are not sealed. And once the lens gets water on it, shooting useful footage isn't likely happening anyway.

In order to risk a $2000 aircraft to this product in the rain (not even heavy rain), what guarantee is there of its effectiveness? If my drone is destroyed due to rain using this, is the company paying to replace it?

Without written confirmation of a policy to stand behind the claims as such, I would have to pass.

As others have pointed out the Motors are able to negotiate water and extreme heat incredibly well,
This is the reason why they are used in submersibles.

The problem with the EVO flying in the rain is the Weak seam on the battery and the Power Button.
Both of these can be compromised very quickly in the rain.

Thus the Wet Suit Focus on the Vents and Battery and the Power Button and Top Sensors..
minimizing get caught in the rain or going up in a potential thunder storm.

Phantomrain.org
Email me at [email protected]
Gear to fly in the rain.
Coal

Last edited:
Update: We had to send our Evo 2 Back for a replacement .

We had a few issues that really challenged the level of flying we are use to.
Once we get it back will post the Wet Suit in Action.

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
You can cut the Plugs down with some scissors for a lower profile .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your EVO 2 in the rain.

Attachments

• Screenshot 09-17-2020 20.37.17.jpg
    Screenshot 09-17-2020 20.37.17.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
So this rain suite is stay on it or its removable?

Its designed to stay on, Each Battery Cover has its own Protective Cover to seal the Seams of the battery and protect the Power Button. The Wet Suit weighs less than a half an ounce so no performance issues of any kind.

The vents are still open just con caved to make it much harder for the rain to get in.

Last edited:
Its designed to stay on, Each Battery Cover has its own Protective Cover to seal the Seams of the battery and protect the Power Button. The Wet Suit weighs less than a half an ounce so no performance issues of any kind.

The vents are still open just con caved to make it much harder for the rain to get in.
Ok I'm just more conserned about over heating at summer time

The Neoprene actually keeps your Drone cooler as its does not heat up as much as the Drone itself under the sun. We learned this from the DJI Mavic and Phantom drones. .

Thank you.

As of Now we are currently only offering the Neon Blue Fire Fly :
It comes with 3 Battery Seals , 3 Battery Protection Plugs and 4 Sensor Protectors .

The Vents are protected from the Rain but are still able to breathe freely.

The Wet Suits provide Ample protection to fly in the Rain and offer a Non Slip Grip on the drone
and offer some added protection to the sensors on the bottom of the unit.

We offer two Packages:

The Evolution Package comes with 3 Battery Seals and 3 Power Protection Plugs : $124.95
The Standard package comes with 1 Battery Seal and 1 Power Protection Plug; $94.95

Screenshot 08-23-2020 19.51.57.jpg

Screenshot 09-20-2020 18.13.16.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
The pictures suggest you completely block the top sensors (?)

Those are Plugs, you can take them out , they are both on the bottom of the unit and the Top .
There is a Total of 4 of them.

The idea behind all the Wet Suits we make is to enhance there ability to negotiate the Rain / Snow .
The first thing we focused on was Sealing the Battery with a Cover and 3M Adhesive that always remains Sticky for years.

The Second concept we used was to protect the Vents my making it much harder for Rain to get inside the unit but still be
able to breathe .

We also added a Surge Mask on the Bottom , which acts as a Drip Plate for Rain to Drip off of with out it going over the sensors.

If we decide to make a Rescue Jacket for the EVO those plugs will come in very handy .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you EVO 2 In the Rain.

I am very tempted to make a Neon Green Wet Suit for the EVO 2 as the only color that is remotely cool is the Neon Blue Fire Fly Wet Suit.

We just made the Neon Green for the Air 2 and it looks really sharp.

I have my doubts about Neon Green and Orange :confused:

I think I Will offer both Colors to anyone that purchases the Next Wet Suit :

Firefly Neon Blue
and the Neon Lantern Green Prototype.

for the discount and two full Color Designs.

Here is the Neon Green in the Air 2 Wet Suit.

Screenshot 10-03-2020 18.23.45.jpg

• Haha
I am very tempted to make a Neon Green Wet Suit for the EVO 2 as the only color that is remotely cool is the Neon Blue Fire Fly Wet Suit.

We just made the Neon Green for the Air 2 and it looks really sharp.

I have my doubts about Neon Green and Orange :confused:

I think I Will offer both Colors to anyone that purchases the Next Wet Suit :

Firefly Neon Blue
and the Neon Lantern Green Prototype.

for the discount and two full Color Designs.

Here is the Neon Green in the Air 2 Wet Suit.

View attachment 8673
How did you get the gret bits, eg on the legs, did you paint it?!

Not sure what you mean but no paint anywhere , just the Neoprene . What is gret bits. ?
Sorry my misspelling , I meant grey bits/areas. Even the legs are grey which come in black as standrd therefore you have done something by painting or wrapping and not just put the wet suit on. There are no orange areas at all.

Sorry my misspelling , I meant grey bits/areas. Even the legs are grey which come in black as standrd therefore you have done something by painting or wrapping and not just put the wet suit on. There are no orange areas at all.
That is a DJI Mavic Air 2 not the Evo that is why its gray.

I have researched everywhere and there currently is no company that offers an Evo 2 Skin.

I emailed them all also asking if they had plans and their response was either "we might do in the future" or "the texture of the Evo makes it hard for our skin to stick".

So I ordered from Phantomrain.com and was very impressed with the workmanship. I went for black and it fitted perfectly. The material used can be stretched a little when trying to make sure both sides are perfectly equal for example...I am a perfectionist and very fussy!

Highly recommend you use this as a skin and of course it comes in handy when there's a downpour which is what its intended - I personally never liked the Easyjet orange! It also comes in lots of little bits for different sections so you can choose to not apply to some areas if you don't want to like I did.

Took some photos and uploaded here, ignore the white thing on the front top, that is just my LED light.

Attachments

• Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black.jpg
    Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black 2.jpg
    Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black 4.jpg
    Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black 4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black 3.jpg
    Evo 2 Pro Phantomrain Black 3.jpg