Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New member from Southern WI

TSL

Reaction score
Hello. 2 days ago I bought my first drone. (Evo 2 Dual) Ive never flown a drone before and Prior to buying this drone had only watched my Nephew fly a drone a couple years ago. By the time I got most of what I wanted on top of the evo 2 Dual rugged, Ive bought some silent props, a couple more batteries, an Ipad, an AlienTech signal booster, prop guards and have modified the rugged case into a backpack. Im at about $12K into this investment. Im studying for the 107 and have gotten insurance on the drone and investigating liability insurance with my agent.

The reason for this investment is that I am starting another company under my parent company which is Innovative Outdoorsman. This Division will be called TLS (Thermal Location Service) It will be used for animal recovery (and people should the need present itself) Im a traveling hunter. I bowhunt all over the world. I will travel with this unit but when Im back home I will offer a service to people to locate big game animals they have hit but cant find/recover via conventional tracking by looking for the heat signature of the animal. If too many hours have passed, I will search for the heat signatures of the wolves, coyotes, bear, avian, etc, feasting on the carcass.

As I said, Ive never flown a drown before until today. I took the unit up for the first time. I made a video that to the experienced pilots here will seem lame but for me this represents ALL of the flying I have ever done. I did about a dozen manual take offs and landing and explored the cameras.

I will have many months to perfect the process of flying and filming. I plan to take the drone with me to Africa next fall for a bow hunt.

Hello. 2 days ago I bought my first drone. (Evo 2 Dual) Ive never flown a drone before and Prior to buying this drone had only watched my Nephew fly a drone a couple years ago. By the time I got most of what I wanted on top of the evo 2 Dual rugged, Ive bought some silent props, a couple more batteries, an Ipad, an AlienTech signal booster, prop guards and have modified the rugged case into a backpack. Im at about $12K into this investment. Im studying for the 107 and have gotten insurance on the drone and investigating liability insurance with my agent.

The reason for this investment is that I am starting another company under my parent company which is Innovative Outdoorsman. This Division will be called TLS (Thermal Location Service) It will be used for animal recovery (and people should the need present itself) Im a traveling hunter. I bowhunt all over the world. I will travel with this unit but when Im back home I will offer a service to people to locate big game animals they have hit but cant find/recover via conventional tracking by looking for the heat signature of the animal. If too many hours have passed, I will search for the heat signatures of the wolves, coyotes, bear, avian, etc, feasting on the carcass.

As I said, Ive never flown a drown before until today. I took the unit up for the first time. I made a video that to the experienced pilots here will seem lame but for me this represents ALL of the flying I have ever done. I did about a dozen manual take offs and landing and explored the cameras.

I will have many months to perfect the process of flying and filming. I plan to take the drone with me to Africa next fall for a bow hunt.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your recent purchase of the EVO II Dual. Two of our guys on our team are from Sheboygan and we do quite a bit with a number of different public safety agencies in and around the Milwaukee area. Quite the jump for your first platform but certainly very capable for the applications you plan on using it for down the road.

Safe flying and enjoy it. ;)

Reactions: Mavikhan and TSL
Good for you, I fly professionally and in this line of work you want to do practice a lot, doing circuits and maneuver around obstacles. Plan to fly with all obstacle avoidance off trust me. I perform building envelope inspections and average 2 foot off the object at anytime, just fly slow and use the precision mode when in tight areas. Good Luck to you and enjoy

Welcome to the forum. I see you are in Waukesha. I live in Greenfield. I have the EVO 2 Pro and Evo 1. I use it for my home inspection. flying roofs that I cannot mount

Reactions: Mavikhan and TSL

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials