Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New EVO Pilot!

kryptikhonor80

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey folks! checking in from the good ol west virginia hills! Good to be here! Just bought my first drone! Been doing months of research to get a feel for the hobby and everything involved! Finally decided to spring for the Autel EVO! It just arrived today and im charging the batteries up and hoping to get it synced up and out for a flight today! I downloaded DroneCast and apparently i live in class D airspace LOL figures! gonna have to get outta the area due to the local airport a few miles away! Have a blessed day in Jesus name!

Hey folks! checking in from the good ol west virginia hills! Good to be here! Just bought my first drone! Been doing months of research to get a feel for the hobby and everything involved! Finally decided to spring for the Autel EVO! It just arrived today and im charging the batteries up and hoping to get it synced up and out for a flight today! I downloaded DroneCast and apparently i live in class D airspace LOL figures! gonna have to get outta the area due to the local airport a few miles away! Have a blessed day in Jesus name!

Congrats, you definitely picked a winner. That's very unfortunate about the airspace you live in I would be very unhappy if I had to travel each time just to put the drone in the air. The good news is WV has many scenic mountains and waterfalls to film. Below is a link to WV"s state drone laws, it looks like they aren't quite as heavy handed about the State Parks as FL is. In all of FL you are prohibited from taking off or landing in a FL State Park.

Reactions: kryptikhonor80
I'm fortunate living here in West Australia as our drone laws are pretty simple, the main law that will affect me is not to fly closer than 30mt from people, as I live in a tourist City on the beach, I will be above that height restriction.
The airport is 5 or 6 Km away so that is not a concern.

We have a 2Km long Jetty here and I hope to go out one side and return on the other side back to where I started.
I will be flying more than 30mt from the Jetty, may use 4 times zoom to get quality photo's of the Jetty structure etc.

The Evo ll pro is rated at more than the 4 Km that the flight will be, so my question is will I get out and back ???

Congrats, you definitely picked a winner. That's very unfortunate about the airspace you live in I would be very unhappy if I had to travel each time just to put the drone in the air. The good news is WV has many scenic mountains and waterfalls to film. Below is a link to WV"s state drone laws, it looks like they aren't quite as heavy handed about the State Parks as FL is. In all of FL you are prohibited from taking off or landing in a FL State Park.

I definately appreciate the heads up!! Thank you!

I'm fortunate living here in West Australia as our drone laws are pretty simple, the main law that will affect me is not to fly closer than 30mt from people, as I live in a tourist City on the beach, I will be above that height restriction.

We have a 2Km long Jetty here and I hope to go out one side and return on the other side back to where I started.
I will be flying more than 30mt from the Jetty, may use 4 times zoom to get quality photo's of the Jetty structure etc.

The Evo ll pro is rated at more than the 4 Km that the flight will be, so my question is will I get out and back ???

The EVO II can handle 4km with no problems....in fact it can easily handle twice that as long as you have a clear line of sight between the EVO and the controller, the antennas are properly faced down, and there is no outside interference sources.

Reactions: Mainey
Welcome, I too have recently purchased a Evo 2 Pro and love the video it captures. I feel your pain as also I live under the ambarella of a restricted airspace (MCAS) 1 mile from here! Which is ok because the prettier stuff to film is a few minutes away and clear from any restrictions. Hope you enjoy your bird!

is that down in Busselton? Man i remember holidaying down there as a kid. Soooo many years ago. good memories

Reactions: Mainey
Hello All, I also just got my EVO II pro. The aircraft really does take some amazing footage. A little confused with the "log" mode setting. When I used it things started flashing, more research needed for that one. Anyhow, just wanted to say hello and congratulations to all the new owners of this amazing drone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58