Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo Owner - small issue?

Dan AISCF

Reaction score
Website
www.aiscforlando.com
Hello everyone and thank you in advance....

I received a used EVO I today from the classifieds here. I fly all DJI's, so I am quite certain there will be some growing pains, which I expect.

I DO have a glaring problem that might not be a problem at all, maybe just my inexperience...

ISSUE
When I yaw to the right, it moves really slowly, even with full press, whereas yawing to the left it is pretty quick. I went into the EXP and it was set at.50. pretty straight line, so I would expect the Evo to rotate the same speed either direction. When I change it, say .30, the left rotation starts off slowly and then normal, as I'd expect. When I rotate right, there is a partial red square on the axis (in the EXP screen) that stops only a portion of the way, whereas yawing left, there is a blue square that expands the entire axis. Has anyone seen this before, is it something a calibration might fix?

I'm still getting used to the way the Evo flies. Not as precise as my DJI's, but I expect I'll get through that eventually. And, what's with the custom buttons on the bottom of the remote??? Lol. I have to really learn not to randomly hit them, lol.

Thank you all for any insight. I did try and search, but I didn't quite see this particular problem...

Calibrate your controller. This should fix your yaw problem. Many of us fly DJI as well. They don't fly the same way, which allow you to do different things with different drones.

Reactions: jcommstudios
Calibrate your controller. This should fix your yaw problem. Many of us fly DJI as well. They don't fly the same way, which allow you to do different things with different drones.

Thank you very much for the insight. The RC calibration fixed it right up. As it was shipped with mostly discharged batts (perfect), I was able to get half a flight in on a batt before down to 30%. I really like how it flies. Of course, I didn't take it higher than like 10 feet above our driveway to test, being evening/night time. Flies similar to our Mavic, which is nice.

Can't wait to take it out for a good 45 and really test out the functions and cameras. I'm pretty excited to add another drone to our arsenal.

Reactions: Ansia
Thank you very much for the insight. The RC calibration fixed it right up. As it was shipped with mostly discharged batts (perfect), I was able to get half a flight in on a batt before down to 30%. I really like how it flies. Of course, I didn't take it higher than like 10 feet above our driveway to test, being evening/night time. Flies similar to our Mavic, which is nice.

Can't wait to take it out for a good 45 and really test out the functions and cameras. I'm pretty excited to add another drone to our arsenal.
My P4 has kinda like a Cadillac feel to it where my XSP is more like a jeep. I do like them both.

My P4 has kinda like a Cadillac feel to it where my XSP is more like a jeep. I do like them both.
I hear you! all four of my drones fly different, however, as of right now, my P4 Standard is the most dialed in for me for projects, though I no longer use it commercially. After flying the Evo today for a while, It's gonna be my 2nd favorite to fly. I'm still trying to figure out why Autel made only the Yaw able to benefit from Exp changes??? Weird. Oh well, I'll get used to it...

Reactions: xspwhite

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials