Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo owner......got problems already..haven't even flown it yet

rumbarrel55

Reaction score
Just setting it up getting it ready for it's maiden flight tomorrow (hopefully). Just getting used to controls and settings and I can't seem to get the video resolution set through the explorer app. I can get to the line with all the different resolutions, but when I tap on one, it doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong? or did I get a lemon?

Also, I cannot format the sd card with the options in the controller, only through the Explorer app. Is this the way it should be?

Just setting it up getting it ready for it's maiden flight tomorrow (hopefully). Just getting used to controls and settings and I can't seem to get the video resolution set through the explorer app. I can get to the line with all the different resolutions, but when I tap on one, it doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong? or did I get a lemon?

Also, I cannot format the sd card with the options in the controller, only through the Explorer app. Is this the way it should be?
Do the changes ‘take’ if you make them with the controller connected to the drone without the app? If so, either could be a problem with your phone or you might need to erase and download the app again. Never tried to format via the controller only. Autel are good people. If you have a hardware problem they’ll sort it out.

You have to be a bit more specific. When you try to do these settings are you connected to the drone or are you just opening the app and trying to do it? The drone and controller need to be on and connected for settings to take effect.
I've always formatted my micro sd card on my computer.

You have to be a bit more specific. When you try to do these settings are you connected to the drone or are you just opening the app and trying to do it? The drone and controller need to be on and connected for settings to take effect.
I've always formatted my micro sd card on my computer.

Of course, I've got the drone connected. RC is connected to my Note 10+. AC is on and connected to the RC which is conected to my phone. Then when trying to change resolution from the app, it doesn't show the change . If I tap the gear icon upper right, go into settings, then exit settings, THEN it shows the new resolution that I tried to set. I don't think this is the way it's supposed to work. The videos I've seen show the resolution changing as soon as it is tapped.

Of course, I've got the drone connected. RC is connected to my Note 10+. AC is on and connected to the RC which is conected to my phone. Then when trying to change resolution from the app, it doesn't show the change . If I tap the gear icon upper right, go into settings, then exit settings, THEN it shows the new resolution that I tried to set. I don't think this is the way it's supposed to work. The videos I've seen show the resolution changing as soon as it is tapped.
Hey, ya gotta ask. Sometimes little things are over looked.
So basically exiting saves it. Mine does the same. Never thought twice about it. ?

Which version of the explorer app are you using. I suggest you try with the version 1.4.5 found in Autel's website.

Edit: I believe the version is wrong. I am currently looking for the old apk. Autel seems to have taken it down. @claudius62 do you still have it?

The latest version of Explorer is 1.0.1.45 and it goes with the Evo 1 firmware v.1.5.8.
Yes, I Have.
Do you want it or both firm and explore?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
Hello Ansia
I sent you by MP the link to load.
Sorry but in the RAR there is the firmware and the Explorer app.
I always leave them attached in my backups, it's more convenient.

Reactions: Ansia
Hello Ansia
I sent you by MP the link to load.
Sorry but in the RAR there is the firmware and the Explorer app.
I always leave them attached in my backups, it's more convenient.
Thank you. I downloaded it. Will separate and post here in a bit.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials