Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo in southwest Iowa

mr.fusion

Reaction score
Just opened the box today... new Evo1 ?

Don't know if I will find a real use for a good drone, but I finally have one now that is good enough to do some "serious" flying.

I picked up some small drones to play with a couple years ago...had some fun in the yard, etc. Tello. Spark. Yuneec Breeze. The Breeze is actually a pretty fun little drone to just fly like an rc. The Tello is cool for it's size. The Spark sucks without a controller and sucks with android so it never really was much use for me, and now the controllers are discontinued and prices have jumped....almost as much as what I paid for the Spark.

Time for a real drone. HUGE items on my checklist that make the Evo great:
1. "real" controller... able to fly without a phone (and not rely on the phone/app to keep a connection to the AC).
2. Just works. Turn it on and have it fly.... (don't want my $1000 toy to tell me what to do.... tell me when and where it decides it's in the mood to fly today)
3. DJI will never get another dime from me. Spark and Osmo were both mistakes for me. I don't do Apple so maybe that's the issue.

The weather in Iowa today is terrible btw, so no flying right now. Actually it's terrible for the foreseeable future......:confused:

Just Buying the Evo1 also today actually . Also your Right about the Weather here in Altoona,Ia . So let the Winter fly by because I can't wait for the heat.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58