Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo II Pro owner from PA

Having Phantoms including P4P, you will enjoy the E2P, it has the performance/power similar to P4P yet foldability and speed of deployment similar to a Mavic.

Having Phantoms including P4P, you will enjoy the E2P, it has the performance/power similar to P4P yet foldability and speed of deployment similar to a Mavic.
I have the P3P, P4Adv, and mainly fly the P4P and was comparing theE2P with the Mavic 2 Pro and it seems from my research that the Evo has slightly better image quality and lower noise with higher ISO's which will be huge for me. How bad is the remote for the E2P? One of the Cons I've been reading. Thanks for your encouragement!

Reactions: gschulzuio
I have the P3P, P4Adv, and mainly fly the P4P and was comparing theE2P with the Mavic 2 Pro and it seems from my research that the Evo has slightly better image quality and lower noise with higher ISO's which will be huge for me. How bad is the remote for the E2P? One of the Cons I've been reading. Thanks for your encouragement!
Image quality on the E2P is outstanding.

I use E2P day and night, indoor and outdoor, its getting the majority of flights/missions compared to P4P and Mavics. P4P mainly gets used for longer range missions/flights where I can maintain VLOS further due to its size and dark color being an Obsidian. P4P and mavics also get used when doing Litchi & DroneDeploy missions (until I get them migrated to Autel Explorer Missions).

I like and prefer the E2P controller vs the Mavic. The E2P controller has built in small display screen that shows camera view, along with settings, status etc. so you can fly without a phone/tablet if you like. For some the E2P controller is small however if you are used to Mavic type controllers, its similar in size. I like that your app/display sits on a cradle about the sticks similar to on a phantom, vs within the hand grips on Mavics (if it fits).

For those who prefer the smart controller approach, then go the Autel smart controller route.

Reactions: timd14
Image quality on the E2P is outstanding.

I use E2P day and night, indoor and outdoor, its getting the majority of flights/missions compared to P4P and Mavics. P4P mainly gets used for longer range missions/flights where I can maintain VLOS further due to its size and dark color being an Obsidian. P4P and mavics also get used when doing Litchi & DroneDeploy missions (until I get them migrated to Autel Explorer Missions).

I like and prefer the E2P controller vs the Mavic. The E2P controller has built in small display screen that shows camera view, along with settings, status etc. so you can fly without a phone/tablet if you like. For some the E2P controller is small however if you are used to Mavic type controllers, its similar in size. I like that your app/display sits on a cradle about the sticks similar to on a phantom, vs within the hand grips on Mavics (if it fits).

For those who prefer the smart controller approach, then go the Autel smart controller route.
I don't have a Mavic so the controller will be in comparison to my Phantom remotes. I liked you sharing about Litchi Missions and being able to migrate them- so I'm guessing I could create a mission, export and then import into Explorer? I look forward to my E2P getting here and learning this new system!

Reactions: gschulzuio
I don't have a Mavic so the controller will be in comparison to my Phantom remotes. I liked you sharing about Litchi Missions and being able to migrate them- so I'm guessing I could create a mission, export and then import into Explorer? I look forward to my E2P getting here and learning this new system!
The E2P controller is much smaller and lighter than Phantom remotes. Plus as mentioned, you can fly without a phone/tablet if you like, or, have the display/app above the sticks which I find easier for quick glance down while watching the aircraft.

As for missions, thats the downside. Currently the only way to import a mission is to export as KML your waypoints from Litchi, then import the kml, then add your pois, waypoint actions etc.

The other current drawback with missions in Autel is that while you can copy/clone them on a device, you can not export/share those missions to another app/device (e.g. 2nd phone/tablet). In other words, its not like Litchi or DD where you can use missions across different app/devices.

There will be a bit of learning curve with the E2P, however after a few flights to get used to it, adjust your settings, you will love it.

Couple of tips:
Do first flights in a more open area, particular when you run the battery down as it can behave different on critical low battery vs. DJI. If the battery gets to critical low, the aircraft may try to land where it is, so just be ready for it, adjust your settings as needed.
Another tip is take your props off when doing first (or any) fw/sw updates, just in case the aircraft wants to take off, only had this happen once. However I do this with all my aircraft even DJI.
Also, when you record in 6K, dont be surprised if when played back on a computer that it is jerky or appears bad, your computer display drivers/sw/fw may not be able to display native 6K, however once you render to 4K, or view on device that supports higher resolution all will be good.
Speaking of 4K and 6K, make sure you are using U3/V30 or faster microsd, I use SanDisk Extreme Pro's and have had no issues as they are fast enough.

Enjoy your E2P

Reactions: timd14

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves