Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New EVO driver

MikeinVegas

Reaction score
New to EVO not to UAVs. Just received my Evo I live in the desert and this time of year the temperature Is 100° + any tips on flying to EVO in hot weather ?
Thanks
MikeinVegas

New to EVO not to UAVs. Just received my Evo I live in the desert and this time of year the temperature Is 100° + any tips on flying to EVO in hot weather ?
Thanks
MikeinVegas

Make sure your batteries are fully charged with the loss of lift in that temp.

Have fun I know I will as its my birthday and here in Canada it is also the country's birthday.

Reactions: mixchief
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Reactions: G_G and Drgnfli
Thanks
MikeinVegas
To fly safe in hot temperatures, just do it early in the morning or late in the evening. Never do it between 10AM to 5PM... Temperature on these hours are extremely hot and overheating issue can occur.

Just keep yourself hydrated and stay in the shade if you can ? happy flying

Welcome to the forum. If I remember correctly Autel said you should not fly in temps above 104 F. I would imagine it would be the same for the EVO.

Tufargon is correct with the recommended temp.

Use the battery at temperatures between -10°C and 40°C. Extremely high temperatures may cause a fire or explosive damage; extremely low temperatures may lead to permanent battery damage.

Thanks
MikeinVegas
Most tablets also become unreliable at those temperatures. Any ambient temperature above 90°F will cause an iPad to overheat and cause unpredictable results, even when not in direct sunlight.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58