Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Evo battery information doesnt sound right

Pman

Reaction score
So I just got my second new evo delivered yesterday. I say second because the brand new one I received the day before had to go back to BB due to the messed up rc fan that ran terrible and quit.
I fully charged the battery that came in the rugged package that was on the drone and controller so it was plugged in 1 time. I was just too tired to even turn it on so went to bed and woke up not feeling too well. I did plug my phone into the rc and updated the firmware and verified all revisions were correct. Calibrated the controller and gimbal but havent taken it outside to do the drone spin dance.
Anyways, there's something that doesnt seem right to me as the battery information says 19 discharges. Huh?!
It was plugged into the charger 1 time and hasnt even been calibrated to fly yet.
Please advice.

Much thanks

Best Buy has been known to sell not so new Evos. Mine wasn't new when I bought it "as new". I figured at the time that Autel's QC was slipping up, but after chatting with some of the people from that time, that were in the same situation as me, I learned that apparently is a common practice. My Evo worked flawlessly (except the barometer not working), so I kept it. Others were having some problems that I did not face, and the barometer started working suddenly, so it's all good.

I'll follow up in a bit as I talked to Autel but battery #3 has 2 discharges and I noticed all of a sudden that the batteries lights were on and wouldnt turn off until I put it in the drone which started without button push and the the issue went away after turning back off 3 seconds. Cant make it happen again

I'll follow up in a bit as I talked to Autel but battery #3 has 2 discharges and I noticed all of a sudden that the batteries lights were on and wouldnt turn off until I put it in the drone which started without button push and the the issue went away after turning back off 3 seconds. Cant make it happen again
If that happens, simply hold the power button until they turn off. This has happened to me when having my Evo on the bag, the button gets pressed long enough to start the battery. It doesn't need to be inside the drone in order to turn on.

Reactions: Pman
Yeah. I am 100% sure I didnt hold the button in for 3 seconds to try and turn it off.
Sorry about the long running sentence on my last post. I had to take care of something so I just wrote as fast as I could which is not that fast.
What I sent Autel back was screenshots of both batteries both pages as the second page has their serial numbers. I reiterated what I've been through so far with the rc fan issue/return. What I want as a resolution is a new battery and I keep what I have. I see absolutely no reason why batteries need to be sent back to them.

Last edited:
Reply from Autel:

Thank you for your patience. In regards to the battery with 2 charges, this is totally normal - it likely was a battery that was part of QC in the factory so anything between 0-2 discharges is fine. The one with 19 however, very odd, so we'd absolutely like to get that battery swapped out for you. This likely was a test battery at the factory so we'd like to get it back to figure out what happened there. If you can please respond back with a good shipping address for you, I can get this battery shipped out.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make this right!

So I'm getting a new battery but looks like I have to send the other back. Not what I requested but at least I have a new battery coming. I added the truth that we are leaving this Wednesday and I'm taking the drone with me and asked that it arrive here by Tuesday. I'm not sending the other back until I obviously see the new one shipped. Of course I'm assuming they are going to send me some kind of prepaid shipping label.
Thanks for any and all comments/help.

UGH, I keep forgetting to say thanks for the responses! I REALLY appreciate it.
I noticed before I did the gimbal update after checking level in multiple directions on a table that the camera was physically very slightly tited but after the calibration it physically looked right. I read/watched a ton of reports about this while researching.
Just got the notice from Autel UPS second day air on the battery so I'm pretty sure it will come before we leave.

You will have to send in yours before they send the new one. Instead of giving thanks, you can use the like buttons. God knows I'm a like addict. I ?

Reactions: kdub2051 and Pman
Actually I dont. Its shipping 2 day air so I should get it by Tuesday as requested. Have the UPS #. Got the message back that they are putting the return label in the box and to use the box to send it back.

Reactions: Ansia
Actually I dont. Its shipping 2 day air so I should get it by Tuesday as requested. Have the UPS #. Got the message back that they are putting the return label in the box and to use the box to send it back.
Wow. That's nice. I wish they treated me like that when I was forced to send in my drone. I waited 37 days to get it back.

37 days, WOWWWIE, 37 DAYS...... I SENT OK, LOwer case..... I sent my drone to Autel on the 18th... I checked the tracking on the 21st. It still was in my State, actually 2 towns over in that FEDex facility then.... I'm like dang.... 3 days and its 2 towns over from me....well, it's going in for stress cracks (don't be alarmed) it can be partially my fault too...Autel Evo is still a mean orange video making machine... I truly love my videos when the correct "lighting" and "settings" are implemented. Lighting is the key here..... I have a 128 gig sd card filled with test I performed using different lighting values. Boy let me tell you, the sun must have all the values because i made videos that blew the minds of these 2 guys that's been in videos for 16 years ( they have a video production business). I made a drone video making believer in both guys. They bought an Autel Evo, why ?? I guess they were new in the game and they are learning about their real choices out there....any hoot, they find the Evo useful for the business.

I guess the moral to all this " The Evo found a place in a Video Production Business " and I'm going to have a long wait to get my Evo back...ughhh.

I just looked up my UPS tracking and the battery replacement is scheduled for Tuesday so I should get it before we leave Wednesday morning. Wont have time to send the other back until I get back although i suppose i could do it where I'm going.
I believe one of the factors in getting them to send me one quickly was providing them with proof of my statements including the tracking numbers. Had taken pics and screenshots of everything important as it was happening along with my logbook notes.
Its hard to read about others issues and slow turnaround. It's great that you can actually talk to someone in the states though 7 days a week. It's been my experience so far from both phone and email that the turnaround time for Autel response is great. For now I still believe I made the right decision going with the Evo over a mavic zoom/pro especially with the BB deal. 5 batteries, extra props, case and bag, $100 BB card, sdcard and another $120 in BB credit in a couple of weeks for getting their credit card (10% rewards for 15 days instead of the 5%) dont see how I could have done better. Problem I have now is not owning a fast computer and no "extra" funds to spend. At least I'm hoping that's my only "problem" as I've either been too busy or not feeling well enough to take it for a spin.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t