Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Beta firmware 1.3.3.15

FletchGeek

Reaction score
I just downloaded the 1.3.3.15 beta firmware from Autel. I guess we're in to a new round of beta testing. I haven't decided whether to install it yet.

I just downloaded the 1.3.3.15 beta firmware from Autel. I guess we're in to a new round of beta testing. I haven't decided whether to install it yet.

Here are the release notes. This firmware was released today:

EVO Beta Firmware Program Release Notes
Last update: 10/5/2018
Overview
Welcome to Autel Robotics EVO beta firmware program. This firmware package V1.3.3.15 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENT VERSION Flight ControlV0.0.1.91
CameraV0.2.0.4
Remote ControllerV0.0.22.0
Remote Controller Panel (Player)V1.1.15.0
Image TransmissionV1.0.2.32
Remote Control Image TransmissionV1.0.2.32
GimbalV1.1.1.7
BatteryV1.1.6.0
Vision ModuleV1.0.2.0
SonarV1.2.1.10
ESC 1-4V1.0.1.29

Notes
1. Make sure you power off both the aircraft and the remote controller to complete the update after the LCD indicates a successful update. Power back on and you are ready to fly.
2. Once the update is complete if any part of the update fails, power off the aircraft and remote controller and retry the firmware update.
3. Please note that various settings might be reset to factory defaults after the firmware update. Re-adjust your preferred settings after the update to suit your needs.
4. This firmware does not include a battery update.
5. You do not need to perform a compass calibration after the update unless prompted by the Explorer App or RC.
6. Once updated to the Beta firmware you will NOT be able to revert to the previous firmware version.
7. If you previously downloaded beta 1.3.3 and calibrated the compass you will need to recalibrate the compass again after the update. If you did not calibrate the compass on 1.3.3 or did not participate in the first open beta 1.3.3 you do NOT need to calibrate the compass unless notified by the Explorer app or remote controller
What’s New
1. Optimized gimbal performance. Improved YAW smoothness
2. Added Precision Mode to limit the max speed and stick sensitivity**
3. Improved Gimbal auto calibration function
4. RC flight data metric system setting auto-sync with APP
5. Improved flight stability and wind resistance in normal mode
6. Improved accuracy of flight data on the RC display
7. Bug fixes
** This feature is compatible with current V1.0.1.5 Android beta app

When I see the word "Improved" appearing numerous times, I can only say, "Why not". You can be assured that the firmware has been well tested - before releasing it to the very critical public.

I just installed 1.3.3.15 but not going up in the deep dark above the midwest cornfields tonight.

I may have time to test it out tomorrow.

Pretty standard form for Autel to use their customer base as beta testers. They actually gave 5 people free xstars to test for 6 months before releasing betas to the public and then it took over 4 or 5 betas and 14 months later to make it final. They should give the beta testers a free baseball hat or something :)

Last edited:
So my first few flights on the new firmware showed smoother yaw control. I had some instances of the horizon not staying level through 360 yaw, but I was unable to launch from a level location today so I'm hoping the drone just didn't know what level camera really was.

I'm likely to test more tomorrow.

Reactions: YuKay
Just installed, upon first quick test in my parking lot, landing stability is night and day, no more dancing at all, horizon tilt nil, perfect even after doing fast 360s and actually during, straight as an arrow hover stability in 10 15 mph winds, rock steady with gusts making it tremble slightly but position and height maintained perfectly. I think all the minor bugs are handled, we'll see how they hold in the long run. I must say I tried dynamic track last week following and parallel tracking in addition to orbit on a car I was photographing and I had the worst experience overall. Tracking was terrible to say the least and we all know what orbit has been like. My parking lot I don't think has enough space to try an orbit and following me walking was never an issue plus with the wind today I'm not sure I want to risk it, so we'll have to wait for the intelligent functions probably until next week, according to UAV forecast wind will be higher tomorrow as in 37-40 mph, maybe 20 mph surface speeds, so I will not play.

I don’t want to sound stupid but what’s the difference between the beta 1.3.3.15 firmware and 1.3.3.15 app?

I don’t want to sound stupid but what’s the difference between the beta 1.3.3.15 firmware and 1.3.3.15 app?
There is no 1.3.3.15 app, unless it's a beta but I don't see that anywhere, current firmware is 1.3.3.17

The firmware is the software that is installed within the Evo. The APP isn't 1.3.3.15, but just an APP to run on your phone or tablet to help control the EVO. So, firmware can be updated whenever new firmware is published and the apps are separate but you can update your app through Google Play or the Apple App store.

installed new firmware and ran first test flight.....
-altitude speed is now very very slow
-YAW speed is super fast
-horizon tilt great
.....not sure what happened but will run some more flights and see what happens

The firmware is the software that is installed within the Evo. The APP isn't 1.3.3.15, but just an APP to run on your phone or tablet to help control the EVO. So, firmware can be updated whenever new firmware is published and the apps are separate but you can update your app through Google Play or the Apple App store.
Thanks for explanation.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja