Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Beta Autel Explorer App iOS V1.8.13 Released 21-DEC-2020 on TestFlight - Bug and Testing Reports

TheMann58

Reaction score
Release Notes for Autel Explorer iOS Beta V1.8.13 indicate the following new features and updates:

New Features:
1. EVO II aircraft activation: users need to activate the aircraft before first flight
2. Added Oblique photography mission mode
3. Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
4. Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
5. Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
6. Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
7. Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
8. Added the option to adjust the OA brake distance (iOS only, Android will support soon)

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
1. Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
2. Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
3. Optimized the warning message display times
4. Fixed mobile flight logs display error in iOS
5. Fixed English translation errors

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Flight records using Android and iOS versions of Autel Explorer are Incompatible!!!

Flight records recorded using the latest public (Version 1.1.7.10) or beta (Version 1.1.7.18) release of Autel Explorer running on an Android device when viewed in flight playback mode using the latest public (Version 1.7.5) or beta (Version 1.8.13) release of Autel Explorer running on an iOS device appear with the following major errors: distance from Home is displayed as a ridiculous "6570.30 mile" from beginning of flight, Distance from Home is displayed as a ridiculous "322633.. " from beginning of flight, "N/A" is displayed for both remaining battery time and % remaining aircraft battery life throughout flight, Current Flight Mode is displayed as "Unknown", and flight location is displayed as "Unknown Place." However, the flight distance information appears correctly in the initial summary list of flight records when viewed in the latest public and beta iOS release of Autel Explorer. Very confusing!

I was hopeful these major flight record display errors would be fixed in this beta iOS app release since the fourth Bug Fixes and Optimizations release note reads "4. Fixed mobile flight logs display error in iOS." But, NO, it's still just as screwed up as when using the previous public Autel Explorer App releases for Android and iOS together. What a mess!

Attachments

• 3FB37C30-3AC8-4E2B-B9AF-BC5162B8B78D.png
    3FB37C30-3AC8-4E2B-B9AF-BC5162B8B78D.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Release Notes for Autel Explorer iOS Beta V1.8.13 indicate the following new features and updates:

New Features:
1. EVO II aircraft activation: users need to activate the aircraft before first flight
2. Added Oblique photography mission mode
3. Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
4. Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
5. Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
6. Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
7. Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
8. Added the option to adjust the OA brake distance (iOS only, Android will support soon)

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
1. Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
2. Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
3. Optimized the warning message display times
4. Fixed mobile flight logs display error in iOS
5. Fixed English translation errors

Nothing for the Android users?

I am also having trouble even seeing my flight records on my iPhone. In my files, when selecting the folder I get the circle of never ending time. I am also still experiencing color artifacts in stitched hyperlapses while in 6k resolution. All other resolutions do not produce artifacts. Also, while testing all of the options available, I found that turning the arm lights on or off takes several attempts before the settings stay. The buttons are switched off, but the lights are still on. Other times, the lights will turn off and automatically revert back on by themselves. Everything else appears fine so far. Here’s the artifact issue that I have been experiencing only in 6k hyperlapses. Autel says it’s a bug. I have been experiencing this issue since they added the hyperlapse to the EVO II and was hoping it would’ve been fixed since the customer service person was sending it up to their software people some time ago. Still there. B6CDF02B-9CDB-4053-B2D0-991111E9BF05.png

Last edited:
I am also having trouble even seeing my flight records on my iPhone. In my files, when selecting the folder I get the circle of never ending time. I am also still experiencing color artifacts in stitched hyperlapses while in 6k resolution. All other resolutions do not produce artifacts. Also, while testing all of the options available, I found that turning the arm lights on or off takes several attempts before the settings stay. The buttons are switched off, but the lights are still on. Other times, the lights will turn off and automatically revert back on by themselves. Everything else appears fine so far. Here’s the artifact issue that I have been experiencing only in 6k hyperlapses. Autel says it’s a bug. I have been experiencing this issue since they added the hyperlapse to the EVO II and was hoping it would’ve been fixed since the customer service person was sending it up to their software people some time ago. Still there. View attachment 9393
Damn, that's nasty!!

Reactions: Cicero24
I am still having problems with no flight records recorded in latest version of Autel Explorer. This is still the same problem that existed when I had the unfortunate experience of a lost Evo 2 Pro drone after only two months of ownership. I have contacted Autel support to no avail. I have asked to speak to their director or sales or their legal counsel...all to no avail. Autel is a fricken joke in my experience.

I am still having problems with no flight records recorded in latest version of Autel Explorer. This is still the same problem that existed when I had the unfortunate experience of a lost Evo 2 Pro drone after only two months of ownership. I have contacted Autel support to no avail. I have asked to speak to their director or sales or their legal counsel...all to no avail. Autel is a fricken joke in my experience.
Is this with Android or iOS? Not sure if that really matters but it can help others know which one you are using. Also have you tried calling? Emails tend to unanswered sometimes. They do answer pretty fast if you call.

Several calls to these guys leaves you with little results and canned responses. For what it’s worth. iOS. Some flights are there, others are ghosts.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
iOS has always seemed to be a problem for these guys. Not sure why. They once claimed getting iOS updates out was a problem because of the way the App had to be approved. No idea as I was never a i-Phone user and just used Android.
If you want canned responses try calling Parrot support. Now there is a joke of a support team.

I am using android. Had no flight records for lost drone. Have no flight records with new drone. I hesitate to make phone calls because no record exists of the communication. I will probably contact Washington State Attorney General since they are based there and their advertisement and warranty appear to be worthless.

I am using android. Had no flight records for lost drone. Have no flight records with new drone. I hesitate to make phone calls because no record exists of the communication. I will probably contact Washington State Attorney General since they are based there and their advertisement and warranty appear to be worthless.
Let us know how that works out for you. I'm sure others will like to know.

The Washington State AG very likely will make an inquiry but may not initiate legal action. Legal action, if warranted, may be best pursued as a class action.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58