Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW AUTEL EXPLORER APP: constantly updated (ver. 1.1.8.8.1 Android version) - (v. 1.13.0 for iOS) 19/04/2022)

Use an Android device to activate the drone and After activated use your preferred iOS device to fly
I tried my girlfriends Android and it was doing the same thing the controller says connect app to activate aircraft, kinda confused of what’s going on. Worked fine before the beta update

I tried my girlfriends Android and it was doing the same thing the controller says connect app to activate aircraft, kinda confused of what’s going on. Worked fine before the beta update
It’s still poor on Autel’s part to drop a FW release and not mention anything about being unable to use it without an Android device, but then again...the customer service rep said to ignore the “connect to application to register” message because the registration side of things wasn’t ready. I told him that I couldn’t because the drone wouldn’t start up at all after the update and it was like he didn’t know anything. He had no idea that the drone wouldn’t start up if you didn’t have an Android device. Then again, he was adamant that the iOS version was also released and I should just use the link on the website to download it. On top of that he blamed me stating I must be doing something wrong or it was just my phone. None of the above buddy. Not everyone has the availability of using an Android device to temporarily activate the drone so it can be used again. So much wrong with all of these flawed FW releases and lack of knowledge of the changes and releases. Autel at the least should mention that the drone will be inoperable unless you have a way of registering. Heck...you can’t even rollback if you downloaded the FW and do not have an Android readily available! I don’t understand how this is shrugged off continuously by some. This is just poor business practice. It seems like the folks at Autel are dragging knuckles....or are the DJI reject team. Go Team Reject!

Reactions: PingSpike
Maybe you guys should all stop being Beta testers and look up what Beta stands for. No one said you had to install Beta software.

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as betaware. A Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.

Reactions: rcee
Yes. But every FW released has been riddled with bugs, so at this point...we all are beta testing our expensive drone. You’re missing the point. The guys you call for answers don’t have any and communication is lacking. Heck...the thing didn’t even have 10 bit until a few months after release, and once again...Autel CS had no idea. So once again, everything with Autel has been BETA.

Reactions: PingSpike
Maybe you guys should all stop being Beta testers and look up what Beta stands for. No one said you had to install Beta software.

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as betaware. A Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.
I know what beta is, and means. But this is a little more than a bug, this is a mistake on there half lol I talked to Autel today. They released a beta FW for the bird and then a beta update for controller through TestFlight, but forgot to update it lol it’s still 1.7.5

Oh everything you are saying is not new to me. Been with Autel for 5 years + and have seen this up and down from them many times. Not making excuses for them but if Beta firmware's are not great stay with what's working till the new one gets worked out. Autels biggest problem is they are trying to run two different shows. The head office over in China and the one that is in Bothell, WA that is basically a retail store with some tech guys that work in the back fixing broken drones. Customer service used to be very good. Many of the better ones left for better jobs and the newer ones are trying to play catch up which is hard for them to do with this virus. I can tell you that the Apps and firmware are developed over seas. Never used to be but when the EVO I was being developed most of the top crew spent months over there working with the Autel over there. Not sure how many of the original tech guys are left but the shots are being called over in China and not in the USA like everyone thinks,

Oh everything you are saying is not new to me. Been with Autel for 5 years + and have seen this up and down from them many times. Not making excuses for them but if Beta firmware's are not great stay with what's working till the new one gets worked out. Autels biggest problem is they are trying to run two different shows. The head office over in China and the one that is in Bothell, WA that is basically a retail store with some tech guys that work in the back fixing broken drones. Customer service used to be very good. Many of the better ones left for better jobs and the newer ones are trying to play catch up which is hard for them to do with this virus. I can tell you that the Apps and firmware are developed over seas. Never used to be but when the EVO I was being developed most of the top crew spent months over there working with the Autel over there. Not sure how many of the original tech guys are left but the shots are being called over in China and not in the USA like everyone thinks,
I just hope they fix it quickly I’m actually rooting for Autel I like their drones, but I just paid well over 2k for this and I want to fly lol

Is the iOS version not available yet? TestFlight still shows v1.7.5 when I checked even using the link under Beta Testing on Autel’s website. I tried the Android version and it was glitchy for me.
They just updated the Autel iOS app through TestFlight man

I created a new thread to report bugs with the new Beta iOS V1.8.13 Autel Explorer app. Already reported a major bug with the playback of flight records on an iOS device that were originally recorded while running Autel Explorer on an Android device.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Android Beta Autel Explorer App Bug Report

Strange Unexplained Autel Ground Speed Limitations on First Two Test Flights

In flight testing today, regardless of whether Obstacle Avoidance was turned ON or OFF:
- In Standard Speed mode, with max speed set to 22 mph, maximum aircraft forward or reverse speed in open sky at 83 feet elevation with full forward or reverse right stick was limited to 4.5 mph! However, after activating RTH, aircraft flew home at typical 22 mph.
- In Ludicrous Speed mode, with max speed set to 45 mph, maximum aircraft forward or reverse speed in open sky at 100 feet elevation with full forward or reverse right stick was limited to 22 mph!

I recalibrated my RC sticks and gimbal wheel and took a second test flight.

At an initial altitude of 207 feet, full stick forward speed in Standard Speed mode now increased to 22.4 mph as expected. With the same aircraft heading (facing NNW with sun low in sky on left side of aircraft), I reduced altitude to 79 feet (same as 1st flight), and aircraft speed at max forward and reverse stick was again the normal 22.4 mph.

I then changed to Ludicrous Speed mode with max speed set to 45 mph. With full forward stick, I could only go a max of 22.4 mph (not the 45 mph expected). In full reverse stick, max speed was 33 mph (not the 45 mph expected). Repeated forward flight and got same results - max forward speed of 22.4 mph. Increase altitude to 208 feet. Max forward speed was still limited to 22.4 mph and reverse speed limited to 33 moh (instead of 45 mph expected in both directions).

So, I rotated aircraft 90 degrees, with aircraft now facing WSW more or less into sun. Max forward speed achieved was again 22.4 mph, but max reverse speed was now 38 mph! This is so confusing! Perhaps sunlight shining in sensors was the issue, which would potentially affect forward flight into sun more than reverse flight away from sun. So, I rotated the aicraft 180 dgrees so sun is now directly behind aircraft and max forward speed is now 39 mph but max reverse speed into sun is now 33 mph. How is any of this consistent? Perhaps forward and reverse OA sensors are impacted diferently by sun??

I then rotate aircraft minus 90 degrees back to facing NNW with sun on left side of aircraft, and full right stick forward now achieves the expected 44 mph, but full reverse stick only achieves a maximum of 29 mph!

RTH Height Bug

With the aircraft at an altitude of 214 feet and the RTH height set to 100 feet in the Autel Explorer App, I press the Home button on the RC to initiate a RTH. (Note: Imperial Units were selected under General Settings in Autel Explorer app.) As typical, the aircraft first turns to face Home, but instead of then returning home at its current altitude of 214 feet (well above the 100 feet RTH setting) as expected, aircraft next increases its altitude to 328 feet! WTH! The aircraft then flies straight home, begins descending while adjusting position several times to achieve a precision landing, and lands within 3 inches of takeoff Home Point. Great job on the precision landing! However, the unexpected increase in height to 328 feet (which is equivalent to 100 meters) at the start of the automated RTH flight instead of remaining at 214 feet (well above the RTH setting of 100 feet) is a major bug. Perhaps this is due to some sort of meters to feet coding error in the RTH programming?

Don't forget it's beta ?
Looks like it will be always beta. At least they keep supporting (doing something, to be correct), there is no word about EVO 3. Mavic 2 will be done as soon as M3 comes out. I head it's expected "soon". And I still cannot get waipoints on my Mavic Mini. After almost 2 years only promises from... not DJI.

Yes. But every FW released has been riddled with bugs, so at this point...we all are beta testing our expensive drone. You’re missing the point. The guys you call for answers don’t have any and communication is lacking. Heck...the thing didn’t even have 10 bit until a few months after release, and once again...Autel CS had no idea. So once again, everything with Autel has been BETA.
I have many drones, many cameras, and other gear for music studio. Many of these have had beta release issues with fw, and bugs on final release. DJI, Parrot, Autel, Sony, Line 6, Fractal Audio, Focusrite, and more...

Worse drone case was DJI on Android that Go4 simply was f'd for about 8 mos. They didn't care and the only option they had was buy an iOS device, but even some of those had issues with Go4. That was MP which was perfectly working up until the add of the new Mavic Air. The more they added to the app having cross platforms... the worse it got. M2P had it's share of major issues as well. Some right out of the gate. DJI users were more forgiving given there wasn't really a PRO option in the other companies.

Autel Evo base grew as a result of DJI's lack of appreciation to the Android community. I was one of them, as were many guys in our company that now fly Autel exclusively. I still use a combination of DJI and Autel birds, and they both have their share of problems... especially on a Beta firmware or app.

Many issues we have had with drone mfg's during the pandemic are a direct result of supply issues, under staffed due to some on leave for quarrantine... They just can't go poof.. here are more people. It's not that simple. This is a specialty device, same as any other camera.

I love Canon and Sony products too, but dealing with the svc departments is LOL... call for most issues and it's worse than calling a cable provider about a cable or internet problem. Sony rep told us that they were down 144 people on leave from Cv19. It's next to impossible to fill that many associate positions with standby's or subs with that same level of skillset or awareness of the business. Instead you get someone trying to help, but often to no avail... Let me get you to our lead techs... and you wait... and go through the same line of Q/A, diagnostic... only to determine something isn't working... lol

ANYONE CONCERNED about a FW Upgrade causing problems DO NOT do the upgrade until all problems are seemingly resolved. Especially BETA... that is always a risk taken.

2 March 2021

Android Explorer beta 1.1.7.36 app :
What's New -
- Added Orbit Hyperlapse in Intelligent Flight modes
- Added Mission Recording in Mission mode
- Added Japanese language support
- Added an option to switch languages
- Added an option to Return to Home when the aircraft is disconnected from the RC during a mission
- Added portrait mode live streaming
- Added Qianxun RTK account input
- Added support to rename missions
- Fixed the radar map display error
- Fixed the EXP saving failure issue

Attachments

• photo_2021-03-02_10-10-39.jpg
    photo_2021-03-02_10-10-39.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 19
  • photo_2021-03-02_10-14-54.jpg
    photo_2021-03-02_10-14-54.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 19
  • photo_2021-03-02_10-18-54.jpg
    photo_2021-03-02_10-18-54.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 18
  • photo_2021-03-02_10-25-57.jpg
    photo_2021-03-02_10-25-57.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 18
  • photo_2021-03-02_10-26-03.jpg
    photo_2021-03-02_10-26-03.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 19
Grazie Luka..maybe we have good news ... with the editable live streaming function, i'm trying the facebook live string..

i try but not work..:-( . i ask to autel.Screenshot_20210302-144907_Autel Explorer.jpg

Last edited:
2 March 2021
Android Explorer beta 1.1.7.36 app :
What's New -
- Added Orbit Hyperlapse in Intelligent Flight modes
- Added Mission Recording in Mission mode
- Added Japanese language support
- Added an option to switch languages
- Added an option to Return to Home when the aircraft is disconnected from the RC during a mission
- Added portrait mode live streaming
- Added Qianxun RTK account input
- Added support to rename missions
- Fixed the radar map display error
- Fixed the EXP saving failure issue

21 December 2020
Version 1.1.7.19

Official Version Release Notes​

Android Version: V1.1.7.19
New Features:
  1. EVO II aircraft activation
  2. Added Oblique photography mission mode
  3. Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
  4. Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  5. Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  6. Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  7. Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  2. Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  3. Optimized the warning message display times
  4. Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  5. Fixed English translation errors

Official link

16 december 2020

Autel Explorer App Release Notes​

Beta Version Release Notes​

Android Version: V1.1.7.18
New Features:
  1. EVO II aircraft activation
  2. Added Oblique photography mission mode
  3. Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
  4. Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  5. Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  6. Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  7. Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  2. Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  3. Optimized the warning message display times
  4. Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  5. Fixed English translation errors

• To use the iOS beta app:
    • Use your iOS device to visit this public invitation link: Join the Autel Explorer beta
    • Follow the instruction in the link above to install the beta app using TestFlight.
  • To use the Android beta app:
    • Use your mobile device to visit this link: Sign in - Google Accounts
    • Login with your Google Play store registered account, if you are not already logged in.
    • Click the "BECOME A TESTER"
    • Click the link - download it on Google Play
    • Click "Install" and you will get the download installed

Official link

22 october 2020

Official Version Release Notes​

Android Version: V1.1.7.10
New Features:
  1. Added EVO II RTK supports
  2. Added IMU calibration
  3. Added InfiRay 640T thermal camera and radiometric supports (Region Specific)
  4. Added Hyperlapse in Intelligent Flight Mode
  5. Added the third axis calibration in compass calibration
  6. Added Obstacle Avoidance quick switch in the top right corner
  7. Added High and Low Speed mode in Dynamic, Tripod and Parallel Track

Bugs Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Resolved the gimbal roll axis tilt issue in waypoint mission
  2. Translation error fixes

link from official site
Also found V1.1.7.36 has added rename mission capability when you are editing a mission. This is a good addition. Next we need to have import/export mission to be able to move missions from one app/device to another. Perhaps similar to how sync flight records works across dev/app, and/or export file and activate the import function that is partially there. While at it, import a kml would knock it out of the park.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials