Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW AUTEL EXPLORER APP: constantly updated (ver. 1.1.8.8.1 Android version) - (v. 1.13.0 for iOS) 19/04/2022)

Autel has been unable to deal with minor and major bugs in this application for 3 years and the !first tiny modification by a community member! is met with such a wonderful "Cold War" reception. It is a pity, because there are no signs of quick fixes from the producer, and such comments do not convince people to share their work and skills for free (dronehack charges 15€ for increased max alt mod).
Decompiled this "script-kiddee" apk, saw nothing more than "Autel code" which appears to be mostly writen by guys from China... and copied from open source libs (what a surprise).

I would like to point out that yesterday I tried the AE fix for Android v1.1.7.93 mod 0 for about an hour and the Evo 2 Pro did not present any anomalies and the zoom wheel works perfectly!

Anone knowchow to get Beta AE App onto Smart Controller? I have figured out how FW downloads and installs - (it gets dropped into: android/data/com.autelrobotics.explorer/files/upgrade

at which point you get notification along the bottom of the AE main Camera-Mission selection screen.

What I haven't figured out is how to get Autel Explorer v1.1.7.93 beta installed. Can't go to Google Play, can't find the APK in the wild or on any of my devices (if I had a rooted device I could grab it.)

As far as i know there is no beta for SC right now (Blade Strike wrote somewhere about it). There is 3 different version of AE for android, iOS and SC.

Sure there is. Interestingly it's listed as a bin file (V2 uses ZIP -probably to prevent people accidentally applying V1/V2 FW to the wrong target hardware) -butvwhen you download it, it's a zip file. It's just labeled wrong in the download area. These naming conventions have Autel confusing themselves, lol!
SmartSelect_20211013-160336_Chrome.jpg
the V1 ran on beta for a while when it first shipped. Don't know when/if they resolved it. As mentioned elsewhere the hardware is superb. The software is amateur hour. Shockingly bad. Truly a hot mess. There's menu choices for a camera (completely unnecessary on AOSP Android builds) and last night I found maxidas.apk on mine. It's an automotive scanner app, absolutely zero purpose on a drone controller. Date it was modified was 9 days before I received the unit. That timeline seems like it would have been done ar Autel HQ, not in China- possibly used to configure a port or change a hardware setting. Else Alejandro was tuning up his Toyota in the parking lot.
Sigh. So much potential, but the size if Autel makes me wonder how they will fair with 3 lines/7 models of drones, when they seem stretched thin with 1 line at times. Not for lack of effort, but a reality just the same.

Last edited:
Autel evo 2 pro beta. Not able to change any button to change the speed unless I am looking at something wrong here. Any help would be great.

Autel evo 2 pro beta. Not able to change any button to change the speed unless I am looking at something wrong here. Any help would be great.
The "A" button is on the right and the "B" button is on the left (the help screen on the AE settings page shows RC from the bottom side, which is misleading)

AE for Android v1.1.7.93 mod 1 updated
- default folder for *.kml import is Android's "Download"
- attitude angles were added to "compass" view
attitude_angles.png

Last edited:
The "A" button is on the right and the "B" button is on the left (the help screen on the AE settings page shows RC from the bottom side, which is misleading)

AE for Android v1.1.7.93 mod 1 updated
- default folder for *.kml import is Android's "Download"
- attitude angles were added to "compass" view

Well done mate !
I have also tried to decompile the Explorer App but is made in such pieces like 10 idiots were just copy-paste random codes inside...No unity in the code, no care about smart programming and builds in block-type or linear, nothing...
I do not know with what programmers is/was working Autel, but looks like some Chinese and Indian low level teams have reunited there and made a big crap....This happens when you get cheap on your dev team and try to make smart app with idiot programmers...

No new release​

I am sorry for creating confusion

Autel Explorer​

Android

IOS

Android v2.0.1

2021-12-01​

Download

Update Content​

1. Added EVO II V2 support
2. Note for EVO II V1 users: if you are using version 1.1.7.81 (released on July 01, 2021), you may skip this version.

Attachments

• new autel explorer 2.0.1.PNG
    new autel explorer 2.0.1.PNG
    73.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I can't download it. Still stable .83/ beta .93 on google play. Changelog appears to be copy/pasted from .83.
No surprises, it's Autel. After browsing the download section of the autelrobotics.cn website, i come to the conclusion that in the English version of the website someone mistakenly assigned the version of the EVO II Pro user manual as the Autel Explorer version, it happens.
A huge plus of this is that they definitely won't ruin anything more in this app before Christmas/New Year/next few years/ever. 🤡

Last edited:

Autel Explorer​

IOS

1.11.43 (12/10/2021)

2021-12-10​

Download

What's New​

New Features:

• Added 16X digital zoom on all EVO II series models
  • Added EVO II Enterprise support
  • Added shooting angle option (0° and +/-90°) in Rectangular and Polygon mission
  • Added the Aperture adjustment option in Panorama (EVO II Pro sensor only)

Feature Optimizations and bug fixes:

• Changed EVO II RTK mountpoint input method to manual
  • Fixed the ground sample distance(GSD) error in missions
  • Removed the No-Fly zone restrictions in Orbit
  • Fixed EVO 1 camera setting error

Autel Explorer​

IOS

1.11.43 (12/10/2021)

2021-12-10​

Download

What's New​

New Features:

• Added shooting angle option (0° and +/-90°) in Rectangular and Polygon mission

• Changed EVO II RTK mountpoint input method to manual
  • Removed the No-Fly zone restrictions in Orbit
  • Fixed EVO 1 camera setting error

Let's see Android version...and how many bugs were fixed from what we have reported...

Reactions: honkihonk

1.1.7.98 (12/14/2021)
2021-12-14​

Download

What's New​

New Features:

• Changed EVO II RTK mount point input method to manual

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d