Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW AUTEL EXPLORER APP: constantly updated (ver. 1.1.8.8.1 Android version) - (v. 1.13.0 for iOS) 19/04/2022)

When is the waypoint mission start-stop recording issue going to be resolved? My EVO 2 is useless since the last update. I reverted back to a DJI Mavic 2 for my daily monitoring runs. In my opinion, this is a major screw up that should have been resolved immediately.

When is the waypoint mission start-stop recording issue going to be resolved? My EVO 2 is useless since the last update. I reverted back to a DJI Mavic 2 for my daily monitoring runs. In my opinion, this is a major screw up that should have been resolved immediately.
I agree - I raised this issue on this forum about a month ago and at the same time with Autel. After 3 weeks of waiting and chasing them for an update 5 times they finally came back to me with a "fix". They told me that I can program the camera to start recording at each waypoint within the waypoint settings!!!!!!!! Jesus Christ thanks Autel that's a great fix, so basically you won't even admit that this is an issue and it stops and starts recording again at each waypoint irrespective if you manually press record and want one continuous video.

My Evo is now completely useless to me until this is fixed and Autel wont even acknowledge it is a problem. If I have a mission with 40 waypoints I have a nice recording of that mission in 40 video files. I can't even stitch them together using video software as there is a delay of a a few seconds between each waypoint.

I have found that SOMETIMES hitting record after waypoint 2 makes it record in one go but it seems random as many other times this does not work no matter when I manually press record.

Oh and to make matters worse it is now impossible roll back to previous firmware updates like you used to. So once you update that is it...permanent.

This is what they call “The Autel Experience”. Isn’t it great!

AUTEL EXPLORER FOR ANDROID RELEASED

Beta Version Release Notes​

iOS Version: 1.10.11 (Jun 24, 2021)
Android Version: 1.1.7.73 (Jun 25, 2021)

New Features:
  1. Added Panorama intelligent flight– Landscape, Portrait, Wide-angle (with photo stitching capability), and Sphere (w/o photo stitching capability)
  2. Added NTRIP Network RTK support on EVO II RTK series
  3. Added the thermal temperature reading in Fahrenheit
  4. Added customizable Home Point option
  5. Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)
  6. Added HD photo auto-sync feature (iOS only)
  7. Added pre-record video option (iOS only)
Optimization:
  1. Lower the minimum Return to Home altitude to 25m (82ft) to meet European regulation in orange warning zones.

• To use the iOS beta app:
    • Use your iOS device to visit this public invitation link: Join the Autel Explorer beta
    • Follow the instruction in the link above to install the beta app using TestFlight.
  • To use the Android beta app:
    • Use your mobile device to visit this link: Sign in - Google Accounts
    • Login with your Google Play store registered account, if you are not already logged in.
    • Click the "BECOME A TESTER"
    • Click the link - download it on Google Play
    • Click "Install" and you will get the download installed

OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINK

Reactions: Ram and Andrzej

Beta Version Release Notes​

iOS Version: 1.10.11 (Jun 24, 2021)
Android Version: 1.1.7.73 (Jun 25, 2021)

New Features:
  1. Added Panorama intelligent flight– Landscape, Portrait, Wide-angle (with photo stitching capability), and Sphere (w/o photo stitching capability)
Optimization:
  1. Lower the minimum Return to Home altitude to 25m (82ft) to meet European regulation in orange warning zones.

• To use the iOS beta app:
    • Use your iOS device to visit this public invitation link: Join the Autel Explorer beta
    • Follow the instruction in the link above to install the beta app using TestFlight.
  • To use the Android beta app:
    • Use your mobile device to visit this link: Sign in - Google Accounts
    • Login with your Google Play store registered account, if you are not already logged in.
    • Click the "BECOME A TESTER"
    • Click the link - download it on Google Play
    • Click "Install" and you will get the download installed

Official download link:

Unlike previous explorer updates, this new version does not wipe out existing missions during the upgrade, hopefully a sign of improvement.

Not sure if you guys noticed, but this version uses Mapbox instead of Google Maps, probably because of the new smart controller.

Huge improvement, since I can use my Huawei tablet with AExplorer now :)

Reactions: PingSpike
It went "Official" yesterday and I updated my old Android 9 phone I use as the testbed to v1.7.81 from the AE Beta today. Before i do the F/W and the primary phone... is this version forcing Mapbox for you instead of Google Maps? Because nothing changed for me with just the app update. I'm in the USA-- where are you, AstroNoot?

Last edited:

Official Version Release Notes​

iOS Version: 1.10.11 (Jul 01, 2021)
Android Version: 1.1.7.81 (Jul 01, 2021)

New Features:
Optimization:

It went "Official" yesterday and I updated my old Android 9 phone I use as the testbed to v1.7.81 from the AE Beta today. Before i do the F/W and the primary phone... is this version forcing Mapbox for you instead of Google Maps? Because nothing changed for me with just the app update. I'm in the USA-- where are you, AstroNoot?
I'm from Romania, EU.
Even if it's using mapbox, it doesn't display their logo on the map. I think Autel paid some premium package just so they can keep the map logo-free.

You can check if you got mapbox by switching to A-MAP in the settings and then reading the option displayed if you want to switch back. Mine says "Mapbox"

Screenshot_20210703-071542.png

Anyone outside of the USA been able to download the new Explorer version on iOS yet? ?

The UK Apple App Store is still showing the old version from three months ago.

I don't think the new app is available anywhere in the world on iOS ?‍♂️

I've emailed support@autel for more information.

Finally got a reply from Autel about the iOS app not having been updated to support the new features in the latest firmware update.

They said:

Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics.

At this time, we are working with Apple to get the current version back onto the App Store. We are working to ensure our customers can fly with their Apple Devices again soon!

Which doesn't tell us anything :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays