Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel Evo II Pilot

rangerb3

Reaction score
Greetings from the South Mississippi Gulf Coast...

I'm new to drones and after many hours of research, and a recent purchase of a used, pristine Autel Evo II 8k package, a new drone owner! Can't say pilot yet because I've never driven a drone and as of today, 3-07-2021, still waiting to receive my new-to-me...Evo 2.

As an FAA licensed commercial helo & fixed wing pilot, I bring many years of aviation experience to this new endeavor. During the late 1980's to mid-1990's I owned and operated my own helicopter business in and around the Houston, Texas area. I currently own and operate for personnel pleasure, a single engine, high performance, retractable gear 1968 Cessna 210 airplane.

I've been wanting to get into "droning" for quite some time but have only recently decided to take the plunge. At this time, I see this as a hobby for personal enjoyment but, will definitely be pursuing the part 107 license just in case any future commercial opportunities are presented to me!

Please reach out to me if I can help you in any way...I look forward to being a very active & contributing forum member...

Best Regards,
Mike R.

I'm new to drones and after many hours of research, and a recent purchase of a used, pristine Autel Evo II 8k package, a new drone owner! Can't say pilot yet because I've never driven a drone and as of today, 3-07-2021, still waiting to receive my new-to-me...Evo 2.

As an FAA licensed commercial helo & fixed wing pilot, I bring many years of aviation experience to this new endeavor. During the late 1980's to mid-1990's I owned and operated my own helicopter business in and around the Houston, Texas area. I currently own and operate for personnel pleasure, a single engine, high performance, retractable gear 1968 Cessna 210 airplane.

I've been wanting to get into "droning" for quite some time but have only recently decided to take the plunge. At this time, I see this as a hobby for personal enjoyment but, will definitely be pursuing the part 107 license just in case any future commercial opportunities are presented to me!

Please reach out to me if I can help you in any way...I look forward to being a very active & contributing forum member...

Best Regards,
Mike R.

Welcome to the EVO family, the Part107 exam is going to be very easy for you. If you have any questions, especially photography or video questions let me know.

Thanks so much...I will be doing a lot of reading and research on other interests related to my new acquisition and will definitely reach out to our AutelPilots "community" for help when needed.

Thanks guys! I appreciate you responding! Just got my E2 today and charging everything up and installing my SkyFire Aerial mount to the RC!

I’ll be looking to powering everything up in short order. Might even try flying it indoors...I’m sure there are threads covering the specifics of doing this...I’ll search the threads to see what I can find...

Reactions: Inspirephil

Best Regards,
Mike R.
Greetings! I am a pt 107 sUAS and a (not current) single engine pilot. My very 1st helo ride was in Houston in 1981 for the movie "Liar's Moon". t blew me away. I rode in and operated camera in many, many helo flights later in the TV series "Tour of Duty"
I can say that if I started earlier I would've become a commercial fixed winger. Oh, well. Welcome!

Wow, my 1st helo ride was 1985 at David-Wayne Hooks airport in what was N. Houston at that time! Like you, I was blown away by the experience but it compelled me towards a Commercial Rotorcraft License and owning and operating my own helo!

In 1993, my partner/brother-in-law used his helo in the opening & closing scenes of "A Perfect World," with Clint Eastwood & Kevin Costner shot in Austin Tx.

Welcome to the forums!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.?
Hello I'm kinda new l was wondering where I can buy parts for a Evo 2? I bent the leg on the left front coming in for landing and I need to know what type of screw head is on that leg below the mother. Can't see even with glasses and magnifiers.and where to buy that type of tip or driver .thanks

• Sad
Hello I'm kinda new l was wondering where I can buy parts for a Evo 2? I bent the leg on the left front coming in for landing and I need to know what type of screw head is on that leg below the mother. Can't see even with glasses and magnifiers.and where to buy that type of tip or driver .thanks
That my friend someone else will have to tell you as I really have no clue. Sorry.

• Sad
New Evo pilot from Lebanon Oregon here.
I’ve been flying DJI’s drones for 5+ years and recently bought my Evo 2 Pro and I’m looking forward to seeing it up in the air soon.

Welcome to autel and drones, assume you are a current part 61? If you have not done so recently, check out faasafety.gov where there is lots of drone and part 107 info, including links to the part 107 for part 61 pilots (initial and recurrent), contacts including DronePros for your area among other resources. Good luck, fly safe and have fun.

Welcome to autel and drones, assume you are a current part 61? If you have not done so recently, check out faasafety.gov where there is lots of drone and part 107 info, including links to the part 107 for part 61 pilots (initial and recurrent), contacts including DronePros for your area among other resources. Good luck, fly safe and have fun.
Thanks man I appreciate your information and I’ll check it out.

Reactions: gschulzuio
After taking a Part 107 class at my local community college and studying like mad I decided not to take the test. I got to thinking about it and decided at my age I don’t really want a job anymore. I’m just going to stay a hobbyist drone pilot and take pictures and videos for my own enjoyment.

After taking a Part 107 class at my local community college and studying like mad I decided not to take the test. I got to thinking about it and decided at my age I don’t really want a job anymore. I’m just going to stay a hobbyist drone pilot and take pictures and videos for my own enjoyment.
Even as a hobbyist, if you get your 107, you are able to also get waivers, special airspace authorizations including above published altitudes or nfz among other benefits. Good luck and fly safe, have fun regardless of why you do.

Ditto. Completed most of the course before deciding it wasn't worth the effort considering I only fly recreationally around home in a very rural area.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller