Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New and upcoming pilot

Mustang857

Reaction score
Hello everyone I wanted to introduce myself my name is Joeby I’m going to be beginning my drone pilot career next week I’m a bit nervous and excited i am waiting for the rugged bundle to arrive anyone have any tips to share ? I’d be open for discussion...I’m currently reading up on fpv for the evo it seems bit complicated anyone have success at this subject? Thanks have good one oh yea Ohio here !

Reactions: Nightbat2
Hello everyone I wanted to introduce myself my name is Joeby I’m going to be beginning my drone pilot career next week I’m a bit nervous and excited i am waiting for the rugged bundle to arrive anyone have any tips to share ? I’d be open for discussion...I’m currently reading up on fpv for the evo it seems bit complicated anyone have success at this subject? Thanks have good one oh yea Ohio here !
Welcome. Before getting into FPV, I’d suggest you learn to fly the Evo in normal mode, unless you have some previous experience. The Evo’s a lot of fun to fly, but it can turn and bite you very quickly if you don’t handle it right.

Better yet get yourself acquainted with a 40 dollar predator drone from amazon and fly that first. If you do not have any experience or know how to fly a drone, the EVO is really not something you should learn on, unless you can afford it. :) There will be times when your GPS will not work, and you will panic because you really will have no idea how to fly a drone without GPS assistance. I am not trying to be harsh, just trying to save you $$$.

Last edited:
Thanks guys yea ...I’ll reply to both of you at the same time here bc I’ve been watching tons of videos and definitely have considered learning to fly with out fpv which is what I’m going to do. But I just want know how to do it when I’m ready. And yes definitely going to get a cheaper drone to learn on before the evo takes flight that’s one of the biggest tips I’ve picked up on in most beginners videos. I did purchase a nano but I’m having trouble trimming it so it will hover and not go haywire that’s what I’m worried about with the evo I mean I see all these guys launch the evo and it basically just sits there until they fly it away ...the Nano when launched will hover few sec then just goes nuts lol I do plan on getting something bigger to practice with first but I will say want the drone for is basically very slow hovering close to the ground no fast flying or major distance flys basically just auto pilot to points on a map and hover

Reactions: Nightbat2
Thanks guys yea ...I’ll reply to both of you at the same time here bc I’ve been watching tons of videos and definitely have considered learning to fly with out fpv which is what I’m going to do. But I just want know how to do it when I’m ready. And yes definitely going to get a cheaper drone to learn on before the evo takes flight that’s one of the biggest tips I’ve picked up on in most beginners videos. I did purchase a nano but I’m having trouble trimming it so it will hover and not go haywire that’s what I’m worried about with the evo I mean I see all these guys launch the evo and it basically just sits there until they fly it away ...the Nano when launched will hover few sec then just goes nuts lol I do plan on getting something bigger to practice with first but I will say want the drone for is basically very slow hovering close to the ground no fast flying or major distance flys basically just auto pilot to points on a map and hover
Whatever cheapie you buy, make sure it has ATTI mode. If you can fly in ATTI you’ll be ready for any GPS problems. A cheapie with an ATTI/GPS switch would be perfect.

I don't know if i'd be too worried about that stuff. My first drone and only drone was the XSP and it was so simple to fly. I've actually never crashed it yet knock on wood.
Have fun and fly away!!

Reactions: Normex
Hey guys wanted to give you update on my first few days taking the controls .....to me flying the evo is piece of cake I have an extensive background in flying the helicopter in gta Iv witch made it almost natural at the helm of the evo I’ve already made vids and pics I’ve flown about 5 times now ready for the app and a bigger screen ....then fpv...the only thing that sucks is the short battery life for what it cost one battery should last all day or atleast as long as the controller but all in all I love it definitely fun

Reactions: Tufargon
Hey guys wanted to give you update on my first few days taking the controls .....to me flying the evo is piece of cake I have an extensive background in flying the helicopter in gta Iv witch made it almost natural at the helm of the evo I’ve already made vids and pics I’ve flown about 5 times now ready for the app and a bigger screen ....then fpv...the only thing that sucks is the short battery life for what it cost one battery should last all day or atleast as long as the controller but all in all I love it definitely fun

Reactions: Madhungarian
Which aircraft have you been flying with a battery that would “last all day”, because I’d like one?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jstewie86