Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Need help with this drone (Evo I)

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
First at all I would like to know what is FIRMWARE
I use an app version V1.1.8.0
When I check firmware version there is a drop down list and looks like every part of the drone has its own firmware.
I go to autelrobotics.com for downloads and there is nothing in there downloadable.
How can I "stimulate" the controller to ask for an update?
I remember asking once but never asked again for new batteries update?

welcome to the debacle known as software and firmware updates; please buckle up and prepare for the ride. i don't even know where to begin.... 😄

I make it easy just answer some of the questions.
How do I know what firmware do I have.?
Can I uninstall a firmware and reinstall it?
If I change app version do I need new firmware?
I went to autel robotics downloads and there are no firmware to download.
I did send the drone back under warranty about 1.5 years ago. They say that when under warranty repair the drone will be uploaded with the latest firmware. But they didnt ask for the batteries to be sent with the drone and nobody told me the batteries need to be updated. The controller didnt warn me

My drone was just fine till about a month ago when I tried to upload a mission. The phone or tablet gets stock on "uploading" for ever. I cannot get out of there without restarting it

So, the easiest way to do firmware, is to upload it to the MicroSD card as a BIN file, put it in the drone. Turn the remote and drone on, and it'll update everything currently connected.

However, if you have multiple batteries, you'll have to do the whole process again for EACH battery, as the file is REMOVED after the update.

You can go to here, select what drone you have, and then get available firmware downloads Autel Robotics downloads

For downgrading firmware, there is a post somewhere here on the forum on downgrade instructions. That said, I don't think it's really needed at this point.

So, the easiest way to do firmware, is to upload it to the MicroSD card as a BIN file, put it in the drone. Turn the remote and drone on, and it'll update everything currently connected.

However, if you have multiple batteries, you'll have to do the whole process again for EACH battery, as the file is REMOVED after the update.

You can go to here, select what drone you have, and then get available firmware downloads Autel Robotics downloads

For downgrading firmware, there is a post somewhere here on the forum on downgrade instructions. That said, I don't think it's really needed at this point.
Thanks for trying to help me. But in your link there are no downloads available for EVO1

EVO 1... you should have said, from what I see everything discussed is for EVO 2, I guess people didn't think anyone had an EVO 1 anymore, there are very few if any updates for the EVO1, your best bet is leave well alone, I think your problem is probably not the drone but poss the app or just the phone playing up... re-load the app I would suggest.

Did that a few times. Nothing to do with my phone or tablet
Does anyone know how to roll back a firmware?
Im pretty sure there are a few that can help me .Just lack of interest.
The most fun I had with this drone was flying mission. If I cannot do that any longer all the interest in the drone is gone.

There quite of few Autel Evo1 around in pristine condition and its a shame that nobody offers any help

Likewise, I know nothing about the Evo1.

"Firmware" is the software that runs on the drone and the RC.
"App" is the application that runs on a smart device and is called "Autel Explorer".

I think the last available firmware for the Evo 1 is available here (all the way at the bottom):

Did that a few times. Nothing to do with my phone or tablet
Does anyone know how to roll back a firmware?
Im pretty sure there are a few that can help me .Just lack of interest.
The most fun I had with this drone was flying mission. If I cannot do that any longer all the interest in the drone is gone.

There quite of few Autel Evo1 around in pristine condition and its a shame that nobody offers any help
Iam with ya Peter I just bought a like new evo for just under 700 and have flown it once.

Go here and get your firmware of choice.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials