Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Need help switching from H.265 to H.264

Rocco Germani

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello, I am new to my Evo and have flown it for a week or two now. My PC can't handle H.265 footage, and I need to switch to H.264 in the drone. I can't find the setting to do that but it would be much appreciated if someone could help me out a bit. Thanks in advance!

In the explorer App when you open "camera" you will see at the bottom right hand corner a camera icon with a wrench. Click on that. Scroll down on the setting and you will see "Video Encoding Format". You should be able to change it there.

In the explorer App when you open "camera" you will see at the bottom right hand corner a camera icon with a wrench. Click on that. Scroll down on the setting and you will see "Video Encoding Format". You should be able to change it there.
Yep, and I was in H.264 the whole time. Which means my PC simply cannot handle the footage... I don't know what to do about that...

If you are talking about editing your videos some editing programs allow you to work in whats called proxy. Basically a lower resolution so your computer can keep up. You can still render it out at 4K if thats what you want.
For playing 4K this player seems to be the best for slow computers.

If you are just uploading to youtube I would not waist my time with 4K. Youtube compresses the video so bad there is no point.

Yep, and I was in H.264 the whole time. Which means my PC simply cannot handle the footage... I don't know what to do about that...
@AerialsOfRocco If you are shooting 4K 60p at 100mbps you will struggle or not be able to view the video without a fast machine. However you might try shooting 4K 30p and if you have a somewhat quick computer it will play. The other option is to convert the 4K to 1080 with a 3rd party program. I've been using Brorsoft Video encoder for my 4K footage since 2016 and it allows you to convert to any format you want as well as keep the data rate. You can try a free version at Free Download Brorsoft Video, DVD, Blu-ray Software Shoot 4K edit 1080. The 4K to 1080 video remains very good. Best of luck!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
If you are just uploading to youtube I would not waste my time with 4K. Youtube compresses the video so badly there is no point.
If you use a CBR of 100mbs on your PP media export output, set to maximum quality, and a key frame every 10 frames, YT will recognize you are uploading high quality 4K 60fps video, and will not destroy your 4K upload by overly compressing it. The awful dropdown PP Presets for YT 4K upload are the problem in PP, not the YT compression itself. Create a custom PP output preset for 4K 60fps with the above parameters. The YT stream of the uploaded 4K output file with the above settings will be indistinguishable from the original on a 4K monitor or TV.

@AerialsOfRocco If you are shooting 4K 60p at 100mbps you will struggle or not be able to view the video without a fast machine. However you might try shooting 4K 30p and if you have a somewhat quick computer it will play. The other option is to convert the 4K to 1080 with a 3rd party program. I've been using Brorsoft Video encoder for my 4K footage since 2016 and it allows you to convert to any format you want as well as keep the data rate. You can try a free version at Free Download Brorsoft Video, DVD, Blu-ray Software Shoot 4K edit 1080. The 4K to 1080 video remains very good. Best of luck!
Thanks for your input, everyone. I figured out the problem I was having: it was with the editing software. I was using Premiere Elements which isn't built for editing 4k60fps 100mbps footage. I've upgraded to premiere pro with after effects and it is way better. No crashes with Evo footage yet.

Reactions: jcommstudios

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58