Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ suddenly yaws & rolls wildly

Bowz

Reaction score
I've recently purchased the Nano+ and have only flown it 3 times. Every-time I fly it it suddenly starts behaving erratically (after different lengths of time)and rolls & yaws all over the place and doesn't appear to respond to stick inputs.

I have uploaded a video of it happening twice within about 20 seconds , the wind was very light as you can see from the trees & washing in then background. Is this due to gusts of wind or is it a defect? It has all of the latest updates applied.

Should I just ask for a refund as I am still within the 30 days of purchase or return it as defective and ask for a full refund, I don't trust it now so don't want another one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bowz

Last edited:
I see you had propeller guards on
I also have it but never put them on
Try leaving them off
Fly low and test it

I've recently purchased the Nano+ and have only flown it 3 times. Every-time I fly it it suddenly starts behaving erratically (after different lengths of time)and rolls & yaws all over the place and doesn't appear to respond to stick inputs.

I have uploaded a video of it happening twice within about 20 seconds , the wind was very light as you can see from the trees & washing in then background. Is this due to gusts of wind or is it a defect? It has all of the latest updates applied.

Should I just ask for a refund as I am still within the 30 days of purchase or return it as defective and ask for a full refund, I don't trust it now so don't want another one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bowz

I had one with the same issue. I flew it twice and returned it.

Does it shake when you try to fly a certain direction? The controller may need recalibration or the pots may be dirty. If controller calibration and IMU calibration don't fix it, I say return it or exchange it. Let us know how it goes.

Does it shake when you try to fly a certain direction? The controller may need recalibration or the pots may be dirty. If controller calibration and IMU calibration don't fix it, I say return it or exchange it. Let us know how it goes.
No it just suddenly goes crazy then eventually settles again, its all boxed up ready to go back

I did and it still did it, gone back and got a refund after a battle with the company

Finally got my money back through Paypal after raising a dispute

Did you have any issues returning it, I've e-mailed them but no reply (based in UK)
Did you purchase it from an Autel warehouse that holds UK stock? If so: get into contact with the seller direct. I've tried the "customer service" route and all I managed to get was them insisting I send it to Germany for a repair to rectify a component failure (one motor just stopped working). They ignored the fact that it was just over two months old and insisted they would only offer a repair. Interesting attitude when you look carefully at the official Autel Robotics web site, which states clearly that parts failures are covered by a 24 month unconditional warranty in the EU and a 12 month unconditional warranty in the UK. If you have a component failure, contact the seller - they are legally obliged to offer a replacement or a refund under current UK law because they are the ones who took your money and supplied you with the product.

Reactions: enKoDed

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58