Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano/Lite latest firmware: v1.4.15

Felix the Cat

Reaction score
All the datasheet says is that it's a "bug-fix" firmware. Does anyone have the faintest idea what the bugs were? I'm one of those people who likes to know what's been funnelled into my birds.

Publishing what needed to be fixed and what has been fixed is very useful - it can give you a better understanding of how your drone works - or more to the point it gives you a reason why the thing was acting weird to begin with.

Oh!... and while I'm at it: is there anyone else getting a black FPV screen for about 10 seconds after the drone connects to the app and controller? This is a first for me - usually when I boot up my Nano+ the FPV feed is right there from the moment it connects to the app. After firmware v.1.4.15: no FPV for a surprising time.

Reactions: enKoDed
All the datasheet says is that it's a "bug-fix" firmware. Does anyone have the faintest idea what the bugs were? I'm one of those people who likes to know what's been funnelled into my birds.

Publishing what needed to be fixed and what has been fixed is very useful - it can give you a better understanding of how your drone works - or more to the point it gives you a reason why the thing was acting weird to begin with.

Oh!... and while I'm at it: is there anyone else getting a black FPV screen for about 10 seconds after the drone connects to the app and controller? This is a first for me - usually when I boot up my Nano+ the FPV feed is right there from the moment it connects to the app. After firmware v.1.4.15: no FPV for a surprising time.
Lot's of bugs. No place to write, so many..Still have hope that Autel will listen users...

I see that after update there is no more PRO settings in photo mode. I can change only EV and the other settings are in auto...Test by night. Could somone confirm that?

Last edited:
Lot's of bugs. No place to write, so many..Still have hope that Autel will listen users...
I'm rapidly running out of 'hope' as a commodity. I'm reminded of what my old man used to say to me... "...Hope in one hand - crap in the other... then tell me which one's full first."

Was there some type of firmware update today 9/19/22? One came across my Autel App and I did the update and now my gimbal is going crazy and gets stuck in the downward position. What the heck is going on???

ADDENDUM... Is anyone getting random compass errors thrown at them - even when the bird is powered on well away from any of the usual suspects and the KP Index is low (between 1 and 2)? On top of that, the gimbal is behaving (even more) oddly than usual - it's like watching one of those nodding dogs you stick to your dashboard.

The app is also behaving quite oddly - throwing up the introduction pop-ups you get the first time you use it, even after it has been launched and closed numerous times. Watching the app, I just get the feeling that there's quite a few artefacts been introduced (fix one software bug... cause another one further down the line).

Who is it doing the code for these things? have they got 1st year students from the local technical college developing this firmware and app code as a class project?

Do Autel Robotics have such a thing as 'Quality Control' as a buffer between the hackers they employ and the customer who is trying to fly these things?

After a truly Stellar start with the folding quadcopters (EVO 1: EVO 2v.1) the quality and reliability seem to have dropped faster than a brick off a cliff. How the hell are you supposed to have confidence in flying these drones if it's a crap-shoot whether you get a good one delivered to you in the first place and then you end up worrying that the next firmware "upgrade" will turn it into the flying equivalent of a circus clown's car.

Mine has been fine. No noticeable changes except, maybe, I'm seeing the "Accurate Landing" pop-up more regularly.

I see that after update there is no more PRO settings in photo mode. I can change only EV and the other settings are in auto...Test by night. Could somone confirm that?
Is it confirmed? Only at night or at day as well?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy