Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ legs

davidrudman

Reaction score
I am finding the legs on my Nano+ are too shorrt on all but the flattest surfaces. Are there any ways of fitting extensions to them?

In our country, unregistered weight has been reduced to 150 grams. Now you can mount any homemade))

What's the best method of hand take-off and landing? I've not tried but I think I'd struggle to start the rotors, or switch them off, with one hand. I guess it might be easier if I had the controller on a neck lanyard though.

What's the best method of hand take-off and landing? I've not tried but I think I'd struggle to start the rotors, or switch them off, with one hand. I guess it might be easier if I had the controller on a neck lanyard though.
I use a larger tablet as a flight screen with a lanyard clip coupled to the screen support. Let the controller hang down in front of you: hold the drone on the flat of your palm and extend your arm. With the other hand, reach down to the controller and spread your index finger and the little finger as wide as you can, hook the sticks with your fingers and pull them down and in. Hold them until the rotors spin up. Now release both sticks and then push the left stick (throttle) gently forward. The drone lifts off. Now grip the controller properly with both hands, wait for a good GPS lock and take control of your flight.

Landing is easier. Bring the bird down to just below head height: let the controller hang again, extend your hand with the palm completely flat and hold it under the belly. With the other hand, hook the throttle with your index finger and pull down gently. The drone will land. Here comes the big BUT.... But - you really have to watch your fingers. The Nano might be small but it can draw blood. Mine's bitten me a couple of times because it got a little bit freaky on the final descent and I made the mistake of trying to pinch grab the belly. This is when a drone WILL fight to right itself. Once the drone is on your palm: keeping the throttle stick in the "down" position for a few seconds will kill the motors.

You WILL cock it up a few times, everyone does, but once you get confident, it gets easier and you can think about deploying your drone in really awkward spaces where you haven't got a hope in hell of using the standard "put-it-on-the-floor-and-step-back" technique.

Last edited:
Reactions: ADOC
Thanks. The lanyard seems key to this. I'll investigate a means of fixing one. I've seen the stick holder/lanyard attachment (DoBo) but it's expensive getting that to the UK.

Reactions: Felix the Cat
Thanks. The lanyard seems key to this. I'll investigate a means of fixing one. I've seen the stick holder/lanyard attachment (DoBo) but it's expensive getting that to the UK.
I'm a Brit too. Here's what I use. It is a standard PGYTECH phone/tablet support and a cheap-as-chips clip-on lanyard

Attachments

• 100_0001_01.jpg
    100_0001_01.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 14
please be careful when hand landing and hand launching. these drones are not perfect and when something goes wrong, they usually don't just harmlessly fall to the ground but instead fly off in totally unpredictable directions really quickly. it can never be said enough, if those spinning props strike you in the face because you don't fully extend your hand up high over your head, you could easily lose an eye and flying a drone will change for you....forever. safety first!

Reactions: enKoDed
I use a larger tablet as a flight screen with a lanyard clip coupled to the screen support. Let the controller hang down in front of you: hold the drone on the flat of your palm and extend your arm. With the other hand, reach down to the controller and spread your index finger and the little finger as wide as you can, hook the sticks with your fingers and pull them down and in. Hold them until the rotors spin up. Now release both sticks and then push the left stick (throttle) gently forward. The drone lifts off. Now grip the controller properly with both hands, wait for a good GPS lock and take control of your flight.

Landing is easier. Bring the bird down to just below head height: let the controller hang again, extend your hand with the palm completely flat and hold it under the belly. With the other hand, hook the throttle with your index finger and pull down gently. The drone will land. Here comes the big BUT.... But - you really have to watch your fingers. The Nano might be small but it can draw blood. Mine's bitten me a couple of times because it got a little bit freaky on the final descent and I made the mistake of trying to pinch grab the belly. This is when a drone WILL fight to right itself. Once the drone is on your palm: keeping the throttle stick in the "down" position for a few seconds will kill the motors.

You WILL cock it up a few times, everyone does, but once you get confident, it gets easier and you can think about deploying your drone in really awkward spaces where you haven't got a hope in hell of using the standard "put-it-on-the-floor-and-step-back" technique.
What about a gloved/mitted hand ?

Does the NANO shut down if grabbed and flipped upside down ?

Found this on Temu, anyone tried it for a fit ? (DJI mini4)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417-203914_Temu.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417-203914_Temu.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 5

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga