Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano + Landing Flutters Around

kyokushinkai

Reaction score
When landing the Nano + speeds up once it hits the ground and flutters around for a little bit then slides to where the props hit the ground and then cuts off. Is this normal and does anyone else have this problem. I have been flying Autel for 5 years (EVO2) and not had this problem.

Reactions: DaSheek
I flipped mine a couple of times when it was new. I was trying to switch off the motors using the controller and I reckon my timing was out. Now, I just land it and wait for the motors to cut off automatically.

FWIW I also think it helps to have a flat landing area. I've actually started using a fold-up landing pad.

Reactions: lifeisfun
Happens also on a completely paved and flat surface?

I flipped mine a couple of times when it was new. I was trying to switch off the motors using the controller and I reckon my timing was out. Now, I just land it and wait for the motors to cut off automatically.

FWIW I also think it helps to have a flat landing area. I've actually started using a fold-up landing pad.
Yea, did that. Landed, waited on motors to cut off and on cement drive way flat but still motors speeded up and fluttered around. Going to test it today a couple times and see if it continues the same way. Thanks

Yeah, my motors also speed up when the Nano touches the ground, but there's no fluttering and they switch off before the drone moves again.

Compared with other drones I've owned, the Nano+ seems to have difficulty knowing when it's completed a landing. I've not flipped over or nicked a prop, but often fined the nano touches down and the props spin up or down a little before it shuts down. It's very difficult to hand catch -- often spinning the props up/down in your hand before it eventually stops. If I recall correctly, the Evo II was similar although perhaps a little better than the Nano. My prior Parrot and Skydio drones settled down almost immediately upon touching the ground or my hand.

Reactions: trontar
I don't think it's trying to take off. It's descending under power and when it lands it stops going down. The motors speed up because they don't realise the reason for lack of motion is that there is now a planet in the way. It seems to me that the lower sensors should be detecting this and switching the motors off a fraction earlier.

I don't think it's trying to take off. It's descending under power and when it lands it stops going down. The motors speed up because they don't realise the reason for lack of motion is that there is now a planet in the way. It seems to me that the lower sensors should be detecting this and switching the motors off a fraction earlier.
The hypothesis is hard for me to follow. If the Nano thinks it's still flying, and isn't descending at the target rate, it reduces motor speed, not increases it.

What's that downward facing mesh-shielded sensor on the bottom of Nano+ near the rear? Looks like an ultrasonic distance sensor to me. Maybe that can glitch under certain conditions, perhaps by not landing on a perfectly flat surface, and having some blade of grass or mound of dirt touch it.

I've also seen occasional motor speedups after the Nano has touched-down, and once, it completely flipped over on its head. My Autel Evo never had this problem. I haven't seen it recently, since building my plexiglas folding pad.

Me too, "I have been flying Autel for 5 years (EVO2) and not had this problem".
Especially the first three years since it was released on April 20, 2020. So the problems started after that date....

Me too, "I have been flying Autel for 5 years (EVO2) and not had this problem".
Especially the first three years since it was released on April 20, 2020. So the problems started after that date....
Can you give me stock prices from April 2023?

Yea, did that. Landed, waited on motors to cut off and on cement drive way flat but still motors speeded up and fluttered around. Going to test it today a couple times and see if it continues the same way. Thanks
How was the test result?

Ya I am having same problems. When I manualy try to land, when it gets inches to the ground it starts to pickup and drift then tilt hitting blades on ground. Meanwhile im holding both sticks down inwards and it wont cut off.
When use the app slide to land button it works better but still does the small bounce and drift before shutting down. I cant figure out why its so unstable during landings.

I gave up using the "both sticks down inwards" option and now just use the left stick to land it. The motors then cut off.

I've had my Nano flip during landing when it drifted to the edge of the landing pad that was sitting on grass. It appeared that the props that were suddenly over the grass lost their thrust because of the rapidly changing surface characteristics. Less thrust over the grass and more thrust over the hard landing pad which caused it to flip.

My Nano has always drifted around during the last few inches. if my landing surface is uneven or it's particularly dry and dusty or sandy I will just hand catch it. It often fights me and I have learned to get a firm grip on it as I push the left stick straight down to shut off the motors.

If my left stick is not straight down the motors don't seem to turn off properly. It is sometimes challenging to get the left stick to be perfectly down while holding the RC and grabbing the drone at the same time.

I've had my Nano flip during landing when it drifted to the edge of the landing pad that was sitting on grass. It appeared that the props that were suddenly over the grass lost their thrust because of the rapidly changing surface characteristics. Less thrust over the grass and more thrust over the hard landing pad which caused it to flip.

My Nano has always drifted around during the last few inches. if my landing surface is uneven or it's particularly dry and dusty or sandy I will just hand catch it. It often fights me and I have learned to get a firm grip on it as I push the left stick straight down to shut off the motors.

If my left stick is not straight down the motors don't seem to turn off properly. It is sometimes challenging to get the left stick to be perfectly down while holding the RC and grabbing the drone at the same time.
Have you tried to quickly flip it over once you air grab it? It should be an automatic shut down, no need for controller.

Haven't tried that. I will try it out. I'm guessing it will definitely fight me if I try to invert it in flight:oops:

I have noticed if the landing location flat but not level it can have a hard time deciding to shut down. If the LZ is not flat or level it is even more iffy but I have never had the drone flip or flutter around at all.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58