Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano Firmware Updates pushed for the last three Mondays!

they are probably getting all the pre-release drones already in the field up to production or launch software. then they can say they launched with very few issues which would be true. don't get too excited, there were probably a dozen or more sw updates prior to launch and while a sw update is nice, the end customer doesn't want a new sw update every month. ideally you fix everything at once and roll it out in one nice package so that "most" customers will update. if you spread it out, you will lose folks...many folks. don't forget sw update fix things that are broken along the way, not just add new features.

unlike you and i, there are lots of customers who simply won't update their sw regardless. and with the extended update times and having to touch every battery, you can understand the customer frustration. one sw update, maybe a second one....and that's it. maybe people believe if it aint broke..... i don't know if the sw can leap from one version to the most current version but if it has to step one version at a time, imagine the inventory on launch sw that falls into a customer hands and he has to update multiple times just to get current. you WANT people to update so they have the best features, the best performance, the least bugs, and the least issues...so make it easy for them. nothing i hate more as a customer than getting a new device home and immediately it tells me i have to update the software especially if it's forced. maybe you should have fixed the software first, then launch. i get it if a drone launched 6 months ago needs an update when i buy it today but if the inventory is turning and new stuff is coming from the factory, the sw should be more current.

Reactions: G_G and jamess336
Anyone have trouble installing Autel Sky v1.1.5 on the Android? It doesn't even show up in the Play Store and when I try to install it from AutelRobotics site it goes to about 75% and then I get a "App Not Installed" message. Very Frustrating. I was flying before this update, now I am grounded! No reply from AutelRobotics support in 3 days.

Anyone have trouble installing Autel Sky v1.1.5 on the Android? It doesn't even show up in the Play Store and when I try to install it from AutelRobotics site it goes to about 75% and then I get a "App Not Installed" message. Very Frustrating. I was flying before this update, now I am grounded! No reply from AutelRobotics support in 3 days.
can ANYONE help? I can't fly my drone without the Autel Sky app loaded. (technically, it will fly...but I have none of the features available except from the controller).

Did you see this...? Looks like v1.1.7 is the current version, not v1.1.5 for the Android phone not sure for the iPhone.

The v1.1.7 should have the all of the previous updates within this newest version.
Thats the firmware for the craft, I think. The App version is what I was referring to. And for some reason the 'Autel Sky' app is not even in the google play store now?? thanks.

as of today, the most current app version for ios is 1.1.0

i still have 1.1.5 on my android and it won't update just yet

Is it possible to fly without the phone app? Since mine won't install again for some reason.

Is anyone able to use a Samsung Galaxy A10e with the Autel Sky app? I have not been able to get the new sky app version installed and I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the 2 year old phone that I have. But I hate to spend another $200 to be able to fly this drone again!

hello,
Here I'm trying to connect RC to iOS and/or Android, but it appears as RC disconnected every time.
Looking to install recent firmware with SD card but can't find it anywhere even on oficial Autel site. (there is just "release notes", not a single firmware file),
Where can I get recent firmware for Nano+?
App doesn't work for now, so it has to upgrade via SD card.
I really appreciate your help

i must have an old galaxy 10, it will not download autel sky, makes me suspicous about the new app VS autel explorer app. i have a feeling there is hidden background software running they aint telling us about.. i'm still learning the new gear, damn i miss evo1

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials