Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ crash 2.

Jirka

Reaction score
So the new drone didn't last long. 2 flights and another crash. 300m in line of sight and loss of connection, crash and gimbal torn off and engine destroyed. I think that all the documented evidence clearly indicates my innocence. With the third drone, it will be about the fear of flying. And the search isn't good fun either. 4 times over a high fence onto private property with a recently cut/stitched abdomen at 75 will be one of my unforgettable experiences. Good luck and have fun!

Last screen.jpg

Last moment.jpg

Time 1-34.jpg

One second difference
Time 1-35.jpg

Last edited:
So the new drone didn't last long. 2 flights and another crash. 300m in line of sight and loss of connection, crash and gimbal torn off and engine destroyed. I think that all the documented evidence clearly indicates my innocence. With the third drone, it will be about the fear of flying. And the search isn't good fun either. 4 times over a high fence onto private property with a recently cut/stitched abdomen at 75 will be one of my unforgettable experiences. Good luck and have fun!

View attachment 15009

View attachment 15010

View attachment 15011View attachment 15011
:(:(:(
I never want to believe that

I also wonder if there is another problem.
I like to use dedicated phone to control my drones and I used for the longest time Mi9T PRO flashed with Pixel Experience ROM.
This caused disconnections for me with the NANO+. Every time I had to reboot the phone and the drone to get it connected again.
Switched to my main Pixel 6 PRO , and till now zero problems.

Sorry to hear that
You must be exploring in "The Czech Bermuda Triangle" :)
Maybe one day it will be a new world phenomenon. But I would just have to add another adjective - "Autel". I also had a DJI and it never dropped. I had 2 good reasons for the Nano+ (camera and range). If no other adequate replacement is found, I don't want to throw it away completely. I will wait for a piece that will be 100% reliable. But I hope it will be the third one.

I wonder if the building you've flown over has some sort of transmitter or other electrical interference.
This is an abandoned cottage from which nothing threatens. It's the area around my home where I mainly / most fly.

Reactions: ccadden
This is an abandoned cottage from which nothing threatens. It's the area around my home where I mainly / most fly.
This is very disheartening !
I had posted a crash experience with my Nano+ and managed to return the drone to Amazon, since it was "defective" even though I had had it for 3 months. Going over the various postings led me to question whether it was a freak occurence and/or operator error. (Foolishly ?) I bought one again and have had it about a month. So far so good, although I fly it very carefully.
Given the small number of similar reports on the Internet, Autel has not really addressed the issue.
I keep my fingers crossed.....

I have had the Nano+ for about half a year.
I have never had the impression that there is a danger of the drone crashing. Well, my farthest distance I have flown so far was only about 1800 meters. The connection has always been stable.
I even did a test once and turned off the controller completely when the drone was flying about 500 meters away from me.
After about 1 minute I heard them above me.

It all seems to work well

I do not understand how can it be that the drone crashes ? If the connection is broken, it should land or fly back, depending on the setting.

How can a drone just crash ?

I have had the Nano+ for about half a year.
I have never had the impression that there is a danger of the drone crashing. Well, my farthest distance I have flown so far was only about 1800 meters. The connection has always been stable.
I even did a test once and turned off the controller completely when the drone was flying about 500 meters away from me.
After about 1 minute I heard them above me.

It all seems to work well

I do not understand how can it be that the drone crashes ? If the connection is broken, it should land or fly back, depending on the setting.

How can a drone just crash ?
Fatal battery failure or a rogue command switching off the motors?

Okay, I've never heard of either.
Does battery failure not show up, you can not see on the display that the error is approaching ?

View attachment 15009

View attachment 15010

View attachment 15012

One second difference
View attachment 15013
That's funny same thing happened to me in Quebec city last week it was my second flight with Autel Nano 2 all my sensors were on and the drone just decided to fly into a building and disintegrate itself. I also have the Autel EVO Pro 2 and never had a problem with it.

In my experience if it disconnects I was always able to use the controller to still fly the drone and land it.
I presume if you play with the sticks and you don't see the drone you can do some damage fast.
(I did describe the problem before/above )

Maybe one day it will be a new world phenomenon. But I would just have to add another adjective - "Autel". I also had a DJI and it never dropped. I had 2 good reasons for the Nano+ (camera and range). If no other adequate replacement is found, I don't want to throw it away completely. I will wait for a piece that will be 100% reliable. But I hope it will be the third one.
I even thought of one more "prosaic" explanation of the triangle. In my region, Autel drones are sold (so far) in small/limited quantities and one company/warehouse is about to distribute them. It is possible that the drones he has in stock come from one production batch that didn't go very well. This also extinguishes my hope that the third drone will be OK.

Fatal battery failure or a rogue command switching off the motors?
Shutting down the engines is quite a complex combination on the remote control and it is unlikely that a person will create it by accident. In addition, it would probably be recorded in the log as it is at startup. On the attached Screen Shots, you can see that at 1:34 I flew forward and at the critical time 1:35 I flew up. Each action is recorded in the "Message" log file. It is completely empty in the case of this flight, not a single message or warning. Even though I haven't tried it, I think that even in the case of intentionally turning off the engines, a warning message would appear and it would need to be confirmed. The only explanation is - a sudden interruption of the power supply in the drone.
It would also be appropriate to add that when I arrived at the crashed drone, the battery was properly inserted and the led diode on the drone was flashing continuously. The battery showed minimal depletion (approx. 1 dark light)

Last edited:
I have already reported on this above. When the drone was a few hundred metres away from me, I deliberately switched off the controller to see if it would return on its own (if that is how it is configured).

There were no problems, it came back.

Similarly, when the drone was on its way back, I tested reconnecting it on a 2nd attempt. When it is on the return flight and the controller reconnects (because it has been switched on again or because the connection is now working again after an abort)
you get a message on your smartphone and you can control the drone manually again.

By "rogue command" I was suggesting some erroneous/faulty interpretation of stick movement, not pilot error. Could have been introduced during command transmission or an error in the flight control code itself. If the latter, we might expect to hear of more crashes.

In the 2 "crashes" I experienced with my first Nano+, there was no "disconnection" from the controller. It was just a sudden stopping of the props and the drone dropping like a stone. The only common situationwas - I think- that it was when the RTH had been activated.
I would question (my) operator error, except I was not doing anything different from usual, AND there are similar reports from other people...

In the 2 "crashes" I experienced with my first Nano+, there was no "disconnection" from the controller. It was just a sudden stopping of the props and the drone dropping like a stone. The only common situationwas - I think- that it was when the RTH had been activated.
I would question (my) operator error, except I was not doing anything different from usual, AND there are similar reports from other people...
And I thought that the proud title "World champion in falling with Nano+" was mine. I hope to surpass you quickly with my third piece of Nano+. Other people's misfortunes always delight. (Please take this post as dark humor in my mother tongue, I don't think well of my English through the translator.)

Last edited:
In my experience if it disconnects I was always able to use the controller to still fly the drone and land it.
I presume if you play with the sticks and you don't see the drone you can do some damage fast.
(I did describe the problem before/above )
Every movement with controls sticks + every event are documented. See my print screens.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy