Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My prototype EVO leg extensions

Catweazle

Reaction score
Material> 1 metre of 13mm poly pipe..$2.50.
4x13mm poly pipe cap ends $3.20

I cut the rear pipe length at 3 inches and the front legs at 4 1/2 inches.
Fit the caps to the extensions first
The 13 mm diameter pipe is a nice resistance fit. but be careful where you hold the Evo when slipping it over the the legs.
Push the pipe along the whole length of the leg.
Height from ground to the underbelly is now 3 1/2 inches. This kept the EVO nice and level. Took 20 minutes to modify Will try it out tomorrow.

Material> 1 metre of 13mm poly pipe..$2.50.
4x13mm poly pipe cap ends $3.20

I cut the rear pipe length at 3 inches and the front legs at 4 1/2 inches.
Fit the caps to the extensions first
The 13 mm diameter pipe is a nice resistance fit. but be careful where you hold the Evo when slipping it over the the legs.
Push the pipe along the whole length of the leg.
Height from ground to the underbelly is now 3 1/2 inches. This kept the EVO nice and level. Took 20 minutes to modify Will try it out tomorrow.
][/QUOTE
rear (2).jpg

Attachments

• front (2).jpg
    front (2).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 140
Reactions: macoman
Got it from my local hardware and garden supermarket in Aus. It is only poly plastic pipe used for underground pop up garden sprinklers systems etc. The feet is the end cap for this piping

Got it from my local hardware and garden supermarket in Aus. It is only poly plastic pipe used for underground pop up garden sprinklers systems etc. The feet is the end cap for this piping

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to see what our BIG Box stores (like LOWES) have to offer. It might be hard to find the Metric Version in ths US, but should be able to find something that works and I'll post more info, if I can find it!

Thanks again,
Jeff

some drip irrigation pipe cut into short pieces with shell feet, gets evo down over the tallest of cow patties....?‍?
legs1.jpglegs2.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to see what our BIG Box stores (like LOWES) have to offer. It might be hard to find the Metric Version in ths US, but should be able to find something that works and I'll post more info, if I can find it!

Thanks again,
Jeff
You can use 1/2 inch pvc. Cut to desired length scribe bottom to be level. Slip over legs and apply a piece of black electrical tape on each on to keep secured. Spray with black paint.

I added these last winter. Made from 1/2 inch pvc

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
How do you know it's taller than the tallest of cow patties? Did you measure their height and planned accordingly?

Also, is that a shotgun shell as the feet? ?
Yes I have measured the patties, with my ankles. ?
And yes they are spent 12 ga shotgun shells, I reload my own so have plenty of them.
?‍?

Reactions: Ansia
These are nice mods, but I have a custom fitted case for my Evo. Putting leg extensions on the Evo makes it not fit in the case unless the extensions are easily removable (slip on and slip off as needed)
Another mod I saw was putting used soda bottles on the legs so that your Evo will float if it comes down on water. Sounds like a practical (but not necessarily pretty) modification.

The inventive imagination of EVO pilots to save a some bucks is amazing ! o_O

Love the evo skis. I can imagine sliding it down a slope then hitting the take off button. But that would be daft !!
Hey Wayne Maine! A couple of tall beer cans attached to those snow skis as floaters would not be too daft. Pin prick to empty , seal the holes and attach with parachute tape. Who needs boat takeoffs :rolleyes:

"Catweazle, post: 45344, member: 2352"]
The inventive imagination of EVO pilots to save a some bucks is amazing ! o_O

Love the evo skis. I can imagine sliding it down a slope then hitting the take off button. But that would be daft !!
Hey Wayne Maine! A couple of tall beer cans attached to those snow skis as floaters would not be too daft. Pin prick to empty , seal the holes and attach with parachute tape. Who needs boat takeoffs :rolleyes:

I liked the Wayne Maine winter edition of extender legs so much, I just had to build the summer edition called the "EVO Stealth Lander"
Landing gear has half inch foam hot water pipe cladding fitted for softer landing.
Also assist with survival of the evo should it happen to fall out the sky, Maybe!!
Tested the lagging in the tub. looks like it is waterproof. I cannot make it sink.

Sponge Bob EVO.jpg

I like them...kinda defeets the purpose of folding drone though. (lol, see what I did there?)
Now, make the same thing, but make it fold, or easy on, easy off when needed.

Reactions: DanielC

Thanks again,
Jeff
I’ve tried 1/2 inch ID PEX which worked great for the front legs but too tight for rear legs. But I may try to boil the PEX and then try to push it on.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja