Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My impressions of the EVO ..... 4 ... and Cruise control

Are those legal for night flying? The whole 3 miles? Id be interested in getting the file to print that one! Amd where you purchased the strobes! Thanks look cool. Do you think it supports anything or protects anything?

I do not know about night flying, at home, we can not. At least not yet.

Are those legal for night flying? The whole 3 miles? Id be interested in getting the file to print that one! Amd where you purchased the strobes! Thanks look cool. Do you think it supports anything or protects anything?

They look to be the Strobon Cree Stand alone lights and if the are then yes they are legal.

"This product is compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti-collision lights rules for drones. It's visible from at 3 miles away at night."

You can buy holders from CarolinaDronz or if someone has a file for printing them out you can make your own if you have a printer.

autel-evo-strobe-mount_1024x1024.jpg

Strobon Strobe Light Mount for DJI Mavic Air, Autel EVO

And Now Antenna cover with my EVO_Antenna protection .
Crea_0086.jpg
And base plate for takeoff in rough terrain (in this case the landing is done gently in the hand).
Crea_0091.JPG

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I have the 3 Strobon Cree lights and can confirm visible 3 miles away at night. I used Scotch 3M (5 lb.) fasteners on both the drone and strobe light and found that to be plenty secure for flight - see pics below. To the best of my understanding you can fly at night as a hobbiest in class G airspace in the US without a waiver using proper anti-collision lighting. There is a long string discussing that and that was the consensus (which was not easy to get a clear answer anywhere). Link to see night flight discussion - Clarification on flying?

Attachments

• 20191104_143845.jpg
    20191104_143845.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 20191104_141813.jpg
    20191104_141813.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I have a pair of Strobon single Crees with mounts. Very good. Even better, I have a pair of Firehouse Tech’s ArcIIs with Aerial Pixel mounts, which can be seen at several hundred metres even in sunlight. Either fit on the Evo;s front or rear arms securely with plenty of prop clearance. I normally mount them at the rear, with the strobes facing rear wards. No danger of the strobing affecting your video that way.

Hello,
New impression.
No longer wanting the battery to slide on the carpet at the rear of the car during recharging on board, a small non-slip base that will keep the battery on the carpet.
The print file can always be obtained by requesting it from me.
DSC00015 mini.JPG
DSC00016 mini.JPG

And say, that we will have to get back to it for Evo 2 ...............

New 2020, Two versions of Cruise Control for the Radio.

Version One, only speed control.
Cruise Evo V1 mini.JPG
Evo Cruise Control V1.jpg

Version Two, Speed control and Side stick control
Levier 2B Vue montage mini.JPG
Exploded View mini.JPG
Evo Cruise Control V2.jpg

Reactions: tealsmoke57

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics