Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My first experience. Help, please?

Riwen

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I received my Nano+ drone today. I had some issues establishing connection, but it was solved, thankfully. I went on to try my drone; it worked perfectly. However, when I disabled the 'novice' settings and the drone ascended to over 10 meters, I kept getting an "Aircraft disconnected" message. However, the aircraft is *not* disconnected; I could still control is.
I've been prompted to upgrade the firmware. I've tried to do so. Fully loaded batter, remote and phone. For the first time, it was cancelled because I was "shooting", apparently -- somehow, video started to record... Weird. For the second time (new batter, etc) it just disconnected. I mean, I didn't move any of the devices, they were right next to each other. I went on to install the firmware manually. I have followed this site, namely Method 2. I've found the firmware here, all good. Well, no, not really. There is no download button.

I'm lost.

Last edited:
The app will say disconnected if it loses contact with the controller. I'd try a different usb cable, or try flipping the cable around 180 degrees when inserting into phone.

FWIW I encountered a few issues with the SD card I was using. My Nano+ has issues with it. Prior to a firmware update, I had to format the card or else the Nano+ couldn't accept the upload via the app/controller and would get "stuck."

Since your drone and controller ARE connected but the app believes they are not connected -- I agree with trontar that it's worth checking or swapping your USB cable between the controller and your phone or tablet. If possible, also look at the status LED light colors on the Nano+ they will be green when properly connected to the wireless controller (double check your manual to confirm LED status colors and flashing and what they mean)

Reactions: trontar

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials