Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My first EVER Timelapse

Ansia

Reaction score
First of all, I'm going to start saying I have no idea what I'm doing. I just went with what I thought was right and liked. I really encourage you guys to give me pointers into improving my timelapse skills.

So here is what I did:

I started recording a video and activated the 5 second picture thingy the Evo has. I'm sure there is a better way, but haven't figured it out.

Recorded for 10 minutes using the thingy feature.

Then went to PowerDirector and told it to fit a photo every 2 or 3 frames

Last added some Copyright free music and BAM, this is what happened.

I read on other forums that the ideal timelapse is a photo every 2 seconds, but I don't have that option. Also I would like more flight time for a longer video. Can only get 20 seconds out of each battery. Any tips? Ideas?

Last edited:
I have tons of ssd hard drive space so I just do a normal video (in 1080p) and reduce the time while editing.

I tried powerdirector. It was really easy. I'm waiting for the sun to go down, to get a timelapse of the last few minutes and will edit today in vega pro.

Here is the video I did yesterday. I started with my P4P and ended with the Evo. Used photos with 2 second intervals. Honestly, prefer the 5 second interval, but meh. It was a really windy night and kept pushing the drones from the target, that is why camera is all over the place. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I envy all you folk's who can do all that crazy video editing, etc. I have been figuring out HitFilm on my own and the vid's are "Ehhh". I'm not too good with photography/videography and understanding all the shutter speeds, frame rates, etc. I still don't know my Evo's best settings for low light, bright light, etc. Wish I had more time to play with video apps, but I have to work more than I can play. HA!HA!

Reactions: Ansia
Don't. I don't understand any of that either. All of this was made in auto and as for the editing, power director has a wizard that does everything. All I have to do is look pretty as I stare at the program...

I have to say that on that video, the Evo's camera has a better fov and colors than the phantom. Even when the phantom's camera has a mechanical shutter and 1" sensor. This Thursday I get my on the go bundle, so next video I will be able to do it 100% with the EVO.

I would like to try time lapse but the Evo manual does not have narritive to tell me how. I have looked on the internet but cannot find anything that tells me how to do it with the Evo. Can someone lead me in the right direction?

I would like to try time lapse but the Evo manual does not have narritive to tell me how. I have looked on the internet but cannot find anything that tells me how to do it with the Evo. Can someone lead me in the right direction?
When in the explorer app, make sure to switch the mode from single shot to timelapse and choose from 2s, 5s, etc.Screenshot_20190721-125444_Autel Explorer.jpg

i did a waypoints in hyperlapse, i took many pictures but didnt make it as one! do i have to edit them on a pc? honestly cause i have no idea! dont want to compare to dji, but shouldnt autel evo software do it?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg