Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My drone fell frm the sky for no apparent reason - update

J Lo's Behind

Reaction score
I received Autels analysis describing the problem with my drone.

Here is a copy of what I was informed, after my drone just fell out of the sky for no apparent reason.
There is a list of replacement parts at no charge. There is nothing , absolutely NOTHING that addresses the malfunction other than " We cannot find a reason for this malfunction"
Which means my friends.............this drone is not going to be replaced..............and will probably malfunction again..........possibly over water or wooded land where it will never be seen again which allows Autel to slide right out of its warranty
I am NOT ok with this. There is something wrong with the drone and they do not know what it is. And their answer to this is to replace parts that had 0 to do with the malfunction.
None of the landing gear was damaged.
None of the top shell was damaged.
I also asked them to replace the 4 propellers which were damaged in the un- explainable ( no fault of my own) incident, which appears to have been over looked and ignored.
I cannot understand how they have come up with this solution.
Maybe I am missing something here and will call to make sure I'm not jumping the gun, in which case an update will be provided.
But, to this point it appears that they are ready and willing to send me back a known defective product that is under warranty at the time of its un-explainable incident.

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft and logs. I determined that the aircraft flight log cut off 4 and a half minutes after takeoff. We could not find a reason for this malfunction. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you and in this case, the repair will be covered under warranty.

EVO-Aircraft Front Right Landing Gear Cover × 1

EVO-Aircraft Front Right Landing Gear Foot Pad × 1

EVO-Aircraft Front Right Landing Gear Internal Structure Only × 1

EVO-Aircraft Top Shell Black (Refurbished) × 1
$15.00​

$2.00

$1.25​

$6.25​

I received Autels analysis describing the problem with my drone.

Here is a copy of what I was informed, after my drone just fell out of the sky for no apparent reason.
There is a list of replacement parts at no charge. There is nothing , absolutely NOTHING that addresses the malfunction other than " We cannot find a reason for this malfunction"
Which means my friends.............this drone is not going to be replaced..............and will probably malfunction again..........possibly over water or wooded land where it will never be seen again which allows Autel to slide right out of its warranty
I am NOT ok with this. There is something wrong with the drone and they do not know what it is. And their answer to this is to replace parts that had 0 to do with the malfunction.
None of the landing gear was damaged.
None of the top shell was damaged.
I also asked them to replace the 4 propellers which were damaged in the un- explainable ( no fault of my own) incident, which appears to have been over looked and ignored.
I cannot understand how they have come up with this solution.
Maybe I am missing something here and will call to make sure I'm not jumping the gun, in which case an update will be provided.
But, to this point it appears that they are ready and willing to send me back a known defective product that is under warranty at the time of its un-explainable incident.

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft and logs. I determined that the aircraft flight log cut off 4 and a half minutes after takeoff. We could not find a reason for this malfunction. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you and in this case, the repair will be covered under warranty.

EVO-Aircraft Front Right Landing Gear Cover × 1

EVO-Aircraft Front Right Landing Gear Foot Pad × 1

EVO-Aircraft Front Right Landing Gear Internal Structure Only × 1

EVO-Aircraft Top Shell Black (Refurbished) × 1
$15.00​

$2.00​

$1.25​

$6.25​
How long prior before you charged the batteries?

How long prior before you charged the batteries?
The battery was fully charged when it took flight. The battery wasn't the problem. Once I came around the corner of the trees and brush, the drone came back online and I could see it on camera laying upside down. It was near dark. If it weren't for the lights on the drone I'd have never found it.

The battery was fully charged when it took flight. The battery wasn't the problem. Once I came around the corner of the trees and brush, the drone came back online and I could see it on camera laying upside down. It was near dark. If it weren't for the lights on the drone I'd have never found it.
I ask because myself and other have had similar issues with taking off with fully charged batteries but suffering from radically reduced flight times so my question was, how long BEFORE you fully charged the batteries? I hour, I day 1 week?

It seems theres an issue with batteries that appear to be fully charged from a week ago, as an example, but once in flight, they jump to 50% immediately, then 25% a minute later, then its home time!!

I think that makes sense but I just want to ensure you are fully charged within 24 hours not fully charged from 2 weeks ago as there appears to be a significant difference. Like a hole in the fuel tank after take off type scenario.

I ask because myself and other have had similar issues with taking off with fully charged batteries but suffering from radically reduced flight times so my question was, how long BEFORE you fully charged the batteries? I hour, I day 1 week?

It seems theres an issue with batteries that appear to be fully charged from a week ago, as an example, but once in flight, they jump to 50% immediately, then 25% a minute later, then its home time!!

I think that makes sense but I just want to ensure you are fully charged within 24 hours not fully charged from 2 weeks ago as there appears to be a significant difference. Like a hole in the fuel tank after take off type scenario.

Just experienced this.

Sent mine up for some video of the ice storm. Noticed my battery was at 15+ minutes of flight time. Had to land because I forgot to put the SD card in, so I swapped batteries and same thing. All my batteries were fully charged 2 weeks ago when took our SXS out, but it was too windy to fly that day. So I put everything back on the shelf and today the batteries were at half charge.

Just experienced this.

Sent mine up for some video of the ice storm. Noticed my battery was at 15+ minutes of flight time. Had to land because I forgot to put the SD card in, so I swapped batteries and same thing. All my batteries were fully charged 2 weeks ago when took our SXS out, but it was too windy to fly that day. So I put everything back on the shelf and today the batteries were at half charge.
The batteries auto-discharge it's a built in feature.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga