Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

More negative drone coverage on the news

goferfan

Reaction score
I can't really tell from her footage if the guy really was flying in front of her window.. If he was, he's a creep and deserves whatever backlash he's going to get. I have, however, taken off from my backyard at night (and go straight up, 250 plus feet), so Im sure if one of my neighbors decided they didn't like it they could get a video of lights hovering (if very briefly) across the fence from them...

Whether this is due to an idiot creep pilot or an overly paranoid neighbor, more negative coverage for flyers.

I also didn't appreciate the misinformation ("The FAA rules say drones can't be flown at night...")

'It's disgusting'; surveillance shows drone flying outside woman's window at night

Last edited:
That’s pretty creepy. Probably a modded drone too. It sure doesn’t help us!

“ She plans on filing a complaint with the FAA”. :) Good luck with that...

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
I don’t know, I always stop and look closely with these negative reports. It seems kind of coincidental that she just happened to install an outdoor camera in her back yard the day before. What peeping Tom would be up at 04:00 AM trying to look in her windows? If anything, I would guess maybe an ex boyfriend, or a suspicious husband. But in the end, there seems to be something fishy about this. Maybe she staged this just to stir up anti drone sentiment.

By the same token, there are a lot of positive drone news reports. Unfortunately, we only seem to focus on the negative news - (which is exactly why the News Media puts more negative news in front of us). The majority of drone users also fly their drones responsibly, while a minority few fly irresponsibly, and, unfortunately, the actions of the few irresponsible people are the actions that are most focused on. Such is life in this day and age.

There is talk somewhere else in these or the mail drone forum about this report - then angle does not look right and who flies at night with all the possible trees and other hazards in the way - false news - I think - but unfortunately negative news at that.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Why don't people close their curtains at night? I always do.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials