Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mistake I formatted my card

RBoutch

Reaction score
Hello,
I recorded 4 videos on the mini SD card of my drone in the Autel EVO 2 Pro. By mistake I formatted my card from the Autel Exploreur application. So I lost my 4 videos. Is it possible to recover them and if so how. Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

It is a waste of time, as a general rule, on a card or a disk reformatted by the software, all the data of the card are replaced by Zeros. So nothing is readable anymore.
On the other hand, the deleted files, if nothing else has been rewritten on the card, can be recovered by a good recovery software, since only part of the file name has been deleted so as not to appear in the list anymore but all the data in the file is still readable by a recovery.

I recorded other videos afterwards. I tried various apps but couldn't get them back. Thank you

It is a waste of time, as a general rule, on a card or a disk reformatted by the software, all the data of the card are replaced by Zeros. So nothing is readable anymore.
On the other hand, the deleted files, if nothing else has been rewritten on the card, can be recovered by a good recovery software, since only part of the file name has been deleted so as not to appear in the list anymore but all the data in the file is still readable by a recovery.
actually no,none of the files are deleted,only the root file thats used to access the data is over written.
a good recovery program can retrieve the files but the cost of a good recovery program needs to be weighed against the value of lost files.
the only time the files would be gone is what was copied on the drive AFTER the format.

Reactions: PingSpike
I have done the same thing and needed to recover files from a SD card. I had success using CCleaners.com program called Recuva. Recuva is also free.

Hope it helps.

Hello. I have tried with 2 applications for Imac and Recuva for PC. I was not able to recover my videos.

Really depends upon the type of format used. A quick format only deletes the file index. A full format deletes the files themselves. Best to reshoot.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller