Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mission Failed to Upload

thercules

Reaction score
So I was out test flying the our new Evo II Enterprise (with RTK unit) and seeing how the mission planning functions and how it does battery swapping but I keep getting the "mission failed to upload". I turned the drone off and on, reconnected to the RTK network and it uploaded but when it came time for the battery swap I got the "mission failed to upload" again. Tried turning it off and on again and connecting to the RTK network, still kept telling me failed to upload. Is there some reason I keep getting this "failed to upload mission"? Thanks in advance!

So I was out test flying the our new Evo II Enterprise (with RTK unit) and seeing how the mission planning functions and how it does battery swapping but I keep getting the "mission failed to upload". I turned the drone off and on, reconnected to the RTK network and it uploaded but when it came time for the battery swap I got the "mission failed to upload" again. Tried turning it off and on again and connecting to the RTK network, still kept telling me failed to upload. Is there some reason I keep getting this "failed to upload mission"? Thanks in advance!
Had a similar issue today, currently on 2.3.8 firmware (which also doesn't save rinex files...).

However, I was able to upload and run the mission after the second restart of vehicle and controller. Sounds like even worse situation for you if you couldn't get the second half of the mission to load and continue.

boa tarde,
Aconteceu-me isso varias vezes com o Smart Controller, troquei para o RC "pequenino" e passou a funcionar.
aguardo que o Autel se aperceba disso e numa atualização isso fique resolvido.

Reactions: aerialinnovative
That issue appears to be related to V2.3.8. ever since upgrading to 2.3.8, we are experiencing the same issue.

I haven't found any consistent benefit from power cycling the Evo; however, rebooting the Smart Controller works about 75% of the time. We just continue to resume the mission until upload is successful.

Apparently, other users have reported eliminating this issue by downgrading to 2.2.5.

So I was able to get out yesterday for a good while and troubleshoot the issue based on a hunch I had about the RTK. Looks like the RTK not being ready after I swapped the battery was part of the issue for me. To get around this, I went back to the Autel home screen before I rebooted the Evo2 (after swapping the battery). Turned on the drone and you get that prompt to continue the unfinished mission, I declined that and then went to the camera mode. In there I reconnected the RTK (because it doesn't login automatically) and waited for a fix to be obtained. Once I had the fix, I could go back to the Autel home screen and back into the mission I was working on. You then get the prompt to resume that mission or restart, so I resumed and off it went to the last waypoint and resumed the mission. Did this several times and worked every time.

Looks like everything on the drone has to be clear to fly before you upload the mission AND it also looks like the program may be trying to upload the mission to the drone before it has the mission fully uploaded/opened on the controller. So by declining to restart the mission until you get fully back into the mission screen and are looking at your full mission, when you hit the fly button it then prompts you to resume or restart and if you resume at this point the controller and drone are actually ready to continue the mission and it will (at least for me). Let me know if this works for anyone else!

Note: This was the second time I've gotten to fly the Evo 2 Enterprise, coming from a Yuneec H520. Had tons more problems with the Yuneec H520 so it's not just Autel that releases their drones or updates before they're ready. The only complaint I have about the Evo 2 so far is that the wind resistance (or maybe wind handling) isn't quite as good as the Yunnec H520 or my mini 2 even though it acts like it has plenty of power.

So I was able to get out yesterday for a good while and troubleshoot the issue based on a hunch I had about the RTK. Looks like the RTK not being ready after I swapped the battery was part of the issue for me. To get around this, I went back to the Autel home screen before I rebooted the Evo2 (after swapping the battery). Turned on the drone and you get that prompt to continue the unfinished mission, I declined that and then went to the camera mode. In there I reconnected the RTK (because it doesn't login automatically) and waited for a fix to be obtained. Once I had the fix, I could go back to the Autel home screen and back into the mission I was working on. You then get the prompt to resume that mission or restart, so I resumed and off it went to the last waypoint and resumed the mission. Did this several times and worked every time.

Looks like everything on the drone has to be clear to fly before you upload the mission AND it also looks like the program may be trying to upload the mission to the drone before it has the mission fully uploaded/opened on the controller. So by declining to restart the mission until you get fully back into the mission screen and are looking at your full mission, when you hit the fly button it then prompts you to resume or restart and if you resume at this point the controller and drone are actually ready to continue the mission and it will (at least for me). Let me know if this works for anyone else!

Note: This was the second time I've gotten to fly the Evo 2 Enterprise, coming from a Yuneec H520. Had tons more problems with the Yuneec H520 so it's not just Autel that releases their drones or updates before they're ready. The only complaint I have about the Evo 2 so far is that the wind resistance (or maybe wind handling) isn't quite as good as the Yunnec H520 or my mini 2 even though it acts like it has plenty of power.
@thercules , there may be something to your post. We performed a mission today that required four battery swaps. The initial flight failed to upload the mission.

Following your advice and taking it to the extreme due to time constraints, we paused 30 seconds between every step (after power up of Evo, prior to pressing the continue button, reconnecting the RTK, pressing the blue Fly button, pressing the Resume button, and pressing the Go button). The remaining four flights initiated without any issue.

Reactions: thercules
@thercules , there may be something to your post. We performed a mission today that required four battery swaps. The initial flight failed to upload the mission.

Following your advice and taking it to the extreme due to time constraints, we paused 30 seconds between every step (after power up of Evo, prior to pressing the continue button, reconnecting the RTK, pressing the blue Fly button, pressing the Resume button, and pressing the Go button). The remaining four flights initiated without any issue.
Yeah it seemed like the RTK not being ready and having a few blades of grass touching the gimbal was what was giving me headaches originally. As long as everything was ready to go it allowed the mission download, which is strange being that says it does the check after the mission download but I'm guessing it's trying to first grab the home position to upload the mission correctly.

I faced the same problem and it was easy to solve . Just check if the app and the craft are updated

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials