Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Minimum number of satellites needed

Heckmaniac`s Drone

Reaction score
Anyone know the minimum number of satellites needed before the EVO goes into ATTI mode? My UAV Forecast app that I always check before flying (great app) recommends 12 or more to be "safe to fly". My DJI Spark needs 10 or more before ATTI. Wondering if anyone knows for sure with the EVO.

I don't know the exact number of satellites but when I turn on the evo. I always wait for the controller to tell me that is GPS locked. Usually around a minute after I powered on.

Anything over 10 is fine but the more you have the better. You should be averaging 18-23 when actually flying.

I've never seen mine that high on any of my drones, EVER. The max I've ever seen is 17. I wonder if it depends on where you live...

That said, my Evo seems to need more than 10 to go GPS green, whereas I've seen my DJI drones go green at lower numbers.

LP

Reactions: LTCFB118
I've never seen mine that high on any of my drones, EVER. The max I've ever seen is 17. I wonder if it depends on where you live...

That said, my Evo seems to need more than 10 to go GPS green, whereas I've seen my DJI drones go green at lower numbers.

LP

Must be were you live. I always have well over 20 and sometimes as high as 26 sates with all my UAV's.
To bad you can't download the telemetry data from the EVO like other UAV's. I bet if you could and looked it would be a much higher count then you think you have.

Must be were you live. I always have well over 20 and sometimes as high as 26 sates with all my UAV's.
To bad you can't download the telemetry data from the EVO like other UAV's. I bet if you could and looked it would be a much higher count then you think you have.
The Evo does leave logs that can be interpreted. There is no easy software to make it readable, but it's there.

I've reviewed the logs and telemetry from my DJI drones extensively and they always match what I see. I'm guessing the Evo won't be any better at locking satellites. Even the UAV Forecast app isn't far off... Guess it must be where I live.

LP

This was with the telemetry from my X-Star a couple of years ago. It starts out with 15-16 sates but after a while levels out to a constant 19 even on a foggy day

The Evo does leave logs that can be interpreted. There is no easy software to make it readable, but it's there.
If you look at the flight records section it's right there for the entire flight you can see how the satellites changes at any point during the flight. Look at the pic In the upper left part of the screenshot (this flight had 14 satellites locked in).
received_326264508284734.png

Reactions: Ansia
If you look at the flight records section it's right there for the entire flight you can see how the satellites changes at any point during the flight. Look at the pic In the upper left part of the screenshot (this flight had 14 satellites locked in).
View attachment 4683
I ment a PC software that gives you all telemetries, including battery voltage, motor rpms, etc.

Does the EVO leave a Log file of some kind that can be downloaded? With the X-Star we could hook up to the FC and download our flight records. The were named as such "log001.bin"

Does the EVO leave a Log file of some kind that can be downloaded? With the X-Star we could hook up to the FC and download our flight records. The were named as such "log001.bin"
Yes, but it doesn't have an extension.Screenshot_20190705-101526_My Files.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles