Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

MINI 3 PRO RULES !!! Or....does it ???

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
So...I have purchased a Mini 3 Pro....
Why, as I have all range of Autel? Because the service from Autel stinks, nobody in Europe service give a damn or answer to any mails or calls. (not to mention half backed soft from Nano+).

And...As drone, Mini 3 Pro is pure winner...very silent, very stable in high winds, compensate the wind from front in order to maintain speed (You hear this, AUTEL ??)....
As for camera: is a joke....I don't care about vertical shooting, but the damn camera have a lot of blur and missing details compared to Nano +.
Also the most interesting thing: Is filming in Limited Range RGB...this means for ones that does not know: a full range RGB is having gamma from 0 to 255 (0 = black, 255 = white)....the Limited range considers black to be 16 and white to be 235...so all dark shades from 0-16 are crushed to black as is not capable for this range, and all highlights from 235 to 255 are blown to pure white without any details.
What does this mean? A reduced Dynamic Range, a crush in black for details and a problem at editing if you are set as normal for FULL RGB range on your monitors.
Limited was used only in HD era, but in editing is a pretty good difference between Limited and Full range.

Evo 2 PRO, Nano+ = Full range...
Evo 2 8K, Mini 3 Pro = Limited range...

Did not realize that.. No one seems to object to the Nano+ still having camera quality edge. I may get one but I will wait until crashed units start showing up on ebay.

Reactions: rcee
One quote I see on the various youtuber influencers weather they are compensated by DJI or not is...

"What good is a drone that can fly well if the camera is not great" and conversely;
"What good is a drone that has a great camera if it cannot fly well".

I really think these influencers overestimate (either on their own or through sponsorship) how much the average Joe Blowe cares.. they do not give a crap about 10 bit or LOG or ??. They care about price, weather the pictures are blurry or not and maybe how hard the app is to figure out. Most of us on this forum are not the regular people who grab a mini drone to piss around with on the weekend.

Last edited:
One quote I see on the various youbuer influencers weather they are compensated by DJI or not is...

"What good is a drone that can fly well if the camera is not great" and conversely;
"What good is a drone that has a great camera if it cannot fly well".

I really think these influencers overestimate (either on their own or through sponsorship) how much the average Joe Blowe cares.. they do not give a crap about 10 bit or LOG or ??. They care about price, weather the pictures are blurry or not and maybe how hard the app is to figure out. Most of us on this forum are not the regular people who grab a mini drone to piss around with on the weekend.
Exactly...
I have purchased Mini 3 in order to save the Evo 2 Pro's I own when I have contracts under 700 euro value and need to go in tight spaces....
Frankly, the drone is great....but is hard to work with that footage...a lot of areas enters in Out of Focus....that 150Mbps from Mini 3 is only on paper, after intensive tests there is no video over 96Mbps...The 10bit color in D-Cine seems fake, the RGB range is limited that limits the DR....
But hey, who has a drone capable of vertical footage ? :))))))))))))))

Autel had a chance to be total WINNER in 2022 at drones, but as usual they used cheap work and programmers, they screwed the Nano from beginning with Wind resistance, also after 6 months this drone is still in BETA mode, without having all things functional (and most important, they have not fixed the algorithm to keep same speed when does have guts...instead, the drone brakes, ruining the footage...morons).

I agree that the Nano+ has a better image, and a better flight distance. But EVERYTHING else is better on the Mini 3 PRO: Battery life/flight resistance/Flight mode/Tracking/Noise/Radio/Communication/SAV....
Everyone goes where they like it!

I agree that the Nano+ has a better image, and a better flight distance. But EVERYTHING else is better on the Mini 3 PRO: Battery life/flight resistance/Flight mode/Tracking/Noise/Radio/Communication/SAV....
Everyone goes where they like it!
Real battery life on the Mini 19minutes ....pretty meh :)
Wireless penetration in urban area very poor as well

Reactions: Felix the Cat
25 minutes for me, and forbidden to fly in urban areas!
Lucky you, no it's NOT forbidden here in the capital of Canada at all, only 3 small areas where under 250g drone is not allowed to fly

Attachments

• NFZ Ottawa.jpg
    NFZ Ottawa.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 11
I had Nano+ and I have Mini 3 Pro. I believe the camera on Mini 3 Pro is slightly better than the Nano+

Somehow with Nano + I always had 3-4 rooftops ruined from the moiré, with Mini 3 pro this is a very rare thing to happen (it happened but only occasionally).

With Air 2S I never saw moiré in the photos.

Besides that I think Mini 3 Pro is on par or slightly superior (f 1.7) to Nano+.

Flying is a completely different story. Mini 3 Pro is like a dragon compared to a duck. That's the difference in flight dynamic.

I had Nano+ and I have Mini 3 Pro. I believe the camera on Mini 3 Pro is slightly better than the Nano+

Somehow with Nano + I always had 3-4 rooftops ruined from the moiré, with Mini 3 pro this is a very rare thing to happen (it happened but only occasionally).

With Air 2S I never saw moiré in the photos.

Besides that I think Mini 3 Pro is on par or slightly superior (f 1.7) to Nano+.

Flying is a completely different story. Mini 3 Pro is like a dragon compared to a duck. That's the difference in flight dynamic.
The dynamic range on Mini3 is very poor, also problems with focus if it gets stuck when you take off.
Even DJI fanboys like Billy Kyle complain about it.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
I beg to differ. I get superb dynamic range with Mini 3 Pro. I color grade everything from raw shots so dynamic range -> outstanding.

No problem with the focus either.

Reactions: romi
Yeah, there are people that can do raw editing and the ones who can't. These people must rely on the software processing within the drone and they just use the untouched jpegs. I can respect that, but in raw post processing, Mini 3 Pro is by no means inferior to Nano +. My personal opinion is that Mini 3 Pro is superior.

In the end this is highly subjective.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
Yeah, there are people that can do raw editing and the ones who can't. These people must rely on the software processing within the drone and they just use the untouched jpegs. I can respect that, but in raw post processing, Mini 3 Pro is by no means inferior to Nano +. My personal opinion is that Mini 3 Pro is superior.

In the end this is highly subjective.
Yes it is, let's hope they will work on it in future updates

One question for you: do you edit the photos or you are happy with what the drone shoots as jpeg?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d