Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

No problem with mine, arrived yesterday. Works fine. Runs Explorer app fine, nice and bright.
It is a google talk to text setting. I first emailed Tripltek and they called me literally 10 minutes later and had it fixed in 5 minutes. It has been been flawless now with over 15 hours logged on it. Just email them and trust me they will make it work! (At least it was that for my locking up issue)

Thanks for that. Does the remote fit back into the rugged case with that mount?

Also, perhaps a bit off topic...is is possible to output video from the TriplTek to another monitor? I don't see HDMI on it.
it's android so it is possible but you are correct, no hdmi out.

Thanks for that. Does the remote fit back into the rugged case with that mount?

Also, perhaps a bit off topic...is is possible to output video from the TriplTek to another monitor? I don't see HDMI on it.

It will fit because the screw is removable. About the HDMI you can see other threads in this sitte on how to cast the Tripltek display to a monitor

it's android so it is possible but you are correct, no hdmi out.
Hi, I use the Tripltex Pro tablet that still has contrast issues in full sun. I removed the screen protector and added a sun shield that cures "bright enough" issues:
Sun shield: Amazon.com: Remote Controller Sunshade Tablet/iPad Monitor Sun Hood for DJI Mavic Air Mavic Mini Mavic Pro DJI Spark DJI Phantom 4 Phantom 3 Compatible with ipad 10.2, ipad 10.5 - L220mm: Camera & Photo
The Tripltex is mounted on the Sky Fire Arial Evo controller mount.:
Sky Fire Arial : Autel Evo I And II - Controller Enhancement Kit - Sky Fire Aerial
That Tripltex holder that Sky Fire Arial sell holds the tablet very securely.
The Cast feature of the Tripltex lets me cast to the SmartSee Anycast HDMI device:
SmartSee Anycast: Amazon.com: SmartSee Anycast HDMI Wireless Display Adapter WiFi 1080P Mobile Screen Mirroring Receiver Dongle for iPhone Mac iOS Android to TV Projector Support Miracast Airplay DLNA: Home Audio & Theater
While I sometimes use the Live Deck for remote viewing, I also can cast to an Epson BT-35e smart glasses that requires an HDMI input.

What's nice about using the Tripltex tablet is that one can use that tablet on all drones, not just Autel. IMO with the use a rugged controller tablet holder it is a lower cost and better solution to flying in full bright sunlight than the Autel Smart Controller.

Last edited:
Hi, I use the Tripltex Pro tablet that still has contrast issues in full sun. I removed the screen protector and added a sun shield that cures "bright enough" issues:
Sun shield: Amazon.com: Remote Controller Sunshade Tablet/iPad Monitor Sun Hood for DJI Mavic Air Mavic Mini Mavic Pro DJI Spark DJI Phantom 4 Phantom 3 Compatible with ipad 10.2, ipad 10.5 - L220mm: Camera & Photo
Sky Fire Arial : Autel Evo I And II - Controller Enhancement Kit - Sky Fire Aerial
The Cast feature of the Tripltex lets me cast to the SmartSee Anycast HDMI device:
SmartSee Anycast: Amazon.com: SmartSee Anycast HDMI Wireless Display Adapter WiFi 1080P Mobile Screen Mirroring Receiver Dongle for iPhone Mac iOS Android to TV Projector Support Miracast Airplay DLNA: Home Audio & Theater
While I sometimes use the Live Deck for remote viewing, I also can cast to an Epson BT-35e smart glasses that requires an HDMI input.

What's nice about using the Tripltex tablet is that one can use that tablet on all drones, not just Autel. IMO with the use a rugged controller tablet holder it is a lower cost and better solution to flying in full bright sunlight than the Autel Smart Controller.
How do you secure the shade to the TT tablet? It looks like the attach slots are sized for an iPad. Are the slots like rubber bands that can accept thicker sizes like the TT tablet?

I also agree with your comment on the sky fire aerial mount…I’m very impressed at how much more stable and secure the “full” mount setup adds to the Autel controller. I wanted a mount that was heavy enough to instill confidence after adding the extra weight of the TT Tablet!

I also agree with your comment on the sky fire aerial mount…I’m very impressed at how much more stable and secure the “full” mount setup adds to the Autel controller. I wanted a mount that was heavy enough to instill confidence after adding the extra weight of the TT Tablet!

+1 on the solid nature of the Sky Fire Aerial mount. No fault of the original Autel mount as it was only designed for a smartphone. The out of balance CoG from trying to use other tablet adapters makes it unwieldy... not ideal conditions to try and accomplish fine control camera movements.

Took Wasted some too much time trying another tablet/sunshade setup and the image was entirely too dark to be usable. Certainly not at best manual exposure settings which lean toward under-exposure.

IMHO a sunshade is also a help. Tablet is bright enough at 96-100% brightness to give an accurate representation of the tonal range, of the scene being recorded or captured. Don't get me wrong... have struggled with trying to compose what I want in the frame since I took up this little obsession of ours.

The Tripltek is by far, the brightest tablet I have used. Now I can concentrate on the mechanics of flying and camera operation with a screen I can visualize. The best alternative to the Smart Controller which will not be available to Evo II V1 users that did not pre-order. I can honestly say, I would not be able to effectively use this aircraft as a flying camera, without the Tripltek. ?

+1 on the solid nature of the Sky Fire Aerial mount. No fault of the original Autel mount as it was only designed for a smartphone. The out of balance CoG from trying to use other tablet adapters makes it unwieldy... not ideal conditions to try and accomplish fine control camera movements.

Took Wasted some too much time trying another tablet/sunshade setup and the image was entirely too dark to be usable. Certainly not at best manual exposure settings which lean toward under-exposure.

IMHO a sunshade is also a help. Tablet is bright enough at 96-100% brightness to give an accurate representation of the tonal range, of the scene being recorded or captured. Don't get me wrong... have struggled with trying to compose what I want in the frame since I took up this little obsession of ours.

The Tripltek is by far, the brightest tablet I have used. Now I can concentrate on the mechanics of flying and camera operation with a screen I can visualize. The best alternative to the Smart Controller which will not be available to Evo II V1 users that did not pre-order. I can honestly say, I would not be able to effectively use this aircraft as a flying camera, without the Tripltek. ?
certainly agree about the tablet brightness when it comes to absolutely changing the way we fly our drones. I don't use the tripltek for the autel but I do use it for a couple of other drones that I have which don't have smart controllers and I can say it's a game changer and it's difficult to go back to something like an ordinary tablet or phone. hopefully our friends at tripltek is working on a 2000+ nit tablet....

certainly agree about the tablet brightness when it comes to absolutely changing the way we fly our drones. I don't use the tripltek for the autel but I do use it for a couple of other drones that I have which don't have smart controllers and I can say it's a game changer and it's difficult to go back to something like an ordinary tablet or phone. hopefully our friends at tripltek is working on a 2000+ nit tablet....
IF only the tablet would stop charging via the controller, this would be awesome!

Do not have that kind of $ to justify to cost increase of current tablet with monitor shade. If you have to purchase an additional shade to still see it, then it's not worth it. If you have a decent IOS/ANDROID tablet, gives same results, especially if you can color match the FPV to the screen. I just don't see spending that kinda of money for small variable differences.

Do not have that kind of $ to justify to cost increase of current tablet with monitor shade. If you have to purchase an additional shade to still see it, then it's not worth it. If you have a decent IOS/ANDROID tablet, gives same results, especially if you can color match the FPV to the screen. I just don't see spending that kinda of money for small variable differences.

The Tripltek has enough brightness to overcome many visualization issues. However, I know that simply turning up the screen settings, will not effectively counter the twin issue of reflection control, which is equally important.

You will not have maximum detail in any tablet that has a matte screen protector, as the matte surface introduces it's own type of glare. However once you remove that screen protector, you have greater reflections from the tablet surface... that also interfere with screen visualization.

A sunshade is the best way to minimize the additional glare that is present many times in full sunlight... (varying greatly, depending on the angle of the sun). A focusing cloth is a time honored tradition as old as photography itself. Still just as much validity, today. Bit of difficulty in maintaining VLOS, but I digress.

The other factor that can help considerably is the color choice of shirt you wear when flying. One of the easiest ways to control reflections on a screen, is to fill the visible screen with an area of black ... no light, no reflections. A black shirt does that quite effectively.

Last edited:
How do you secure the shade to the TT tablet? It looks like the attach slots are sized for an iPad. Are the slots like rubber bands that can accept thicker sizes like the TT tablet?
Hi ranger, the rubber slots stretch to fit over the Tripltek and the shade is a perfect fit.

Regards,
Richard

IF only the tablet would stop charging via the controller, this would be awesome!
Hi Third Eye, you can buy the reduced power cable here:

Yeah, that's expensive. An alternative I am told is to cut a USB cable black wire and insert a 39 ohm 1 watt resistor. Too bad that Autel can't give us the option to charge or not charge our phone/tablet.

Regards,
Richard

Hi Mitchell, I use a 2200 nits FeelWorld monitor with my Live Deck:

However, even with that brightness, I use a sun shield with that monitor that is sold by FeelWorld to enhance image quality in full bright sunlight. An advantage of sun shields is that one can set the brightness lower to conserve battery.

Regards,
Richard

Hi Third Eye, you can buy the reduced power cable here:

Yeah, that's expensive. An alternative I am told is to cut a USB cable black wire and insert a 39 ohm 1 watt resistor. Too bad that Autel can't give us the option to charge or not charge our phone/tablet.

Regards,
Richard
Yes, that price it a little to steep for that cable!! I can manage by issuing that both devices are topped off to 100 percent before flying!!

Yes, that price it a little to steep for that cable!! I can manage by issuing that both devices are topped off to 100 percent before flying!!
Hi Third Eye, IMO that's still not ideal since the Tablet will take current from the controller when in operation. The tablet power requirement is much greater than the controller power needs.

Regards,
Richard

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58