Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

haha, we know you don't work for them; out of hawaii....and probably joined here before they were a company.

unfortunately I think many of us are waiting for an autel smart controller, who knows.....

my only ask is for the next model, could you please consider a non-rugged version with 2200 nits or better. does it have hdmi in/out? if someone is going to pay more than $700, it's not a lot of ask for. you cannot keep comparing to crystalsky which is certainly overpriced to begin with.

Reactions: TheGoldBug
A smart controller will be great, but I’m thinking the cost will be significant, and to honest, I still have a bigger screen attached to my DJI smart controller as the one on the controller is a bit small for me. This tripltek monitor is the best device I have ever owned for consumer drones. It will work with all of my fleet. And is a solid good sized solution. I actually think the price is reasonable. As for the hdmi solution, you can’t go past a livedeck. With my DJI smart controller I use a hdmi wireless dongle to steam to a large monitor for observers or clients. The livedeck is a way better, more reliable solution. Yes I know, it’s yet another cost but

Excellent! Thank you for taking the time for that write up. You got me motivated to find those pesky resistors I have somewhere....went through 2 bins and found some....of course this is AFTER buying the cable from TRIPLTEK...oh well....only $$.....LOL!
I looked for the modified cable on the Tripltek website but couldn't find the cable. Do you have a link for it?

I dont sorry but I would email them, they now have glare screens, holders etc. I am sure they will help you as they are they are the best. If not we will figure it out.

Has anyone had any success putting a resistor in an existing cable to prevent the controller from discharging as it charges the monitor? I think $40 is a bridge too far for a cable. I wouldn't think twice about it at $20.

As everyone has said; Tripltek got back to me on my cable question within hours. Great support and sales help!

Has anyone had any success putting a resistor in an existing cable to prevent the controller from discharging as it charges the monitor? I think $40 is a bridge too far for a cable. I wouldn't think twice about it at $20.

As everyone has said; Tripltek got back to me on my cable question within hours. Great support and sales help!
And I think if you smoke the unit $695.00 on top of the $40.00 Seriously? Void a warranty ? Come On bro, and I use $8.00 cables from Amazon (see my prior post) I just had to re install the entire droid system because I tweaked something with SD card - Your call but I think that's a tad crazy. Heads up folks, This company will bend over backwards to help. Julio and Elisa spent 1 hour and 15 minutes helping me yesterday. The only thing they didn't do was cut my grass, Julio? Got mower? The purpose of my mistake was I like this tablet so much it isn't just my flight monitor it is now my field tablet, Getting 2 more - Go figure. Yeah its that damn good! NO BS. You will spend 2 K approx. on drone and batts etc. and over cable $20 dollar difference?. Not trying to kill ya just save you!

Cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tle_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=autelxpilots-20

Last edited by a moderator:
And I think if you smoke the unit $695.00 on top of the $40.00 Seriously? Void a warranty ? Come On bro, and I use $8.00 cables from Amazon (see my prior post) I just had to re install the entire droid system because I tweaked something with SD card - Your call but I think that's a tad crazy. Heads up folks, This company will bend over backwards to help. Julio and Elisa spent 1 hour and 15 minutes helping me yesterday. The only thing they didn't do was cut my grass, Julio? Got mower? The purpose of my mistake was I like this tablet so much it isn't just my flight monitor it is now my field tablet, Getting 2 more - Go figure. Yeah its that damn good! NO BS. You will spend 2 K approx. on drone and batts etc. and over cable $20 dollar difference?. Not trying to kill ya just save you!

Yeah, thanks, but if I wanted to be lectured by someone I don't know or know anything about I'd go hit up a homeless person or crack whore.

I asked a simple question and was looking for a simple answer; not a lecture. I bet you're a blast at parties and memorial services. Sheesh.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Yeah, thanks, but if I wanted to be lectured by someone I don't know or know anything about I'd go hit up a homeless person or crack whore.

I asked a simple question and was looking for a simple answer; not a lecture. I bet you're a blast at parties and memorial services. Sheesh.
Looks like I struck a nerve?? LOL Thanks for sharing!

Looks like I struck a nerve?? LOL Thanks for sharing!
FWIW you're probably right but geez; you could work on your delivery a bit and maybe install a filter.

I'd still like to know if anyone did this successfully. People have been building RC planes, Heli's, and drones for a long time now. Doing something like this would be minor compared to those intensive builds.

Never attempted it, but if it works I would be curious, wasn't trying to pounce bro. I just learned my lesson yesterday with a setting that cost me 1 hour of support but 3 hours to reload all the crap. Be well. Delivery is always subjective and is like food!

Reactions: Eagle928
Ok, I made two different cables with resistors...both fails. Don't know why the failure, but no data could go through the cable after adding the resistor.

I will note that according to TRIPLTEK, the Autel app has been modified by Autel to not need the resistor cable anymore, since the power draw to the tablet is cut roughly in half on the RC. I would give it a go without the cable.
Others with this tablet should chime in, since I have not been able to test this myself, and I DID purchase the cable from TRIPLTEK with the resistor in it, after my failures...you could contact them to verify. They will give you the straight scoops on this...

Ok, I made two different cables with resistors...both fails. Don't know why the failure, but no data could go through the cable after adding the resistor.

I will note that according to TRIPLTEK, the Autel app has been modified by Autel to not need the resistor cable anymore, since the power draw to the tablet is cut roughly in half on the RC. I would give it a go without the cable.
Others with this tablet should chime in, since I have not been able to test this myself, and I DID purchase the cable from TRIPLTEK with the resistor in it, after my failures...you could contact them to verify. They will give you the straight scoops on this...
Thank you. I don't think Autel's change to the app worked on mine. It has a heck of a draw. How long ago do you think this change happened? I haven't had the app installed very long. Maybe 3 weeks at most.

When I disconnect the cable I can no longer see the percentage of controller battery drop every few seconds. I can understand the aircraft dropping like that since it is powering 4 props, and internal fan, some lights, a receiver, and the software through the hardware. The RC does have a display, transmission, and software to run as well though.

I located a super thin 5000 mAh power bank I could foam tape or Velcro it to the bottom of the RC to replace the outgoing charge on it but I think I will give the cable a try first. I might end up doing both or at least have the power bank in place as a back up if I forgot to charge the RC. It would suck if I drove 40 miles to do a flight and shoot only to find my RC almost drained.

Am I missing something here - I use a regular cable RC to Tablet and have had no issues??

Seated_perpectives suggests above (back in Oct) that the 720p screen of the Tripletek matches the Autel Evo II video transmission feed resolution but that's not correct. AE2 live video feed is 1920 x 1080.

That means basically nothing. The tablet will scale it perfectly to match the screen. You can change settings in the Image Transmission settings in the app.
From the Autel site:

Real-Time Transmission Quality720p@30fps / 1080p@30fps

Viewing video at 720p means you are throwing away video detail with this expensive tablet v. almost any other phone or tablet that's currently available. If you've gotten into this particular AEII drone for high quality photography, you may tend to fly primarily in the golden hours at dawn and sunset or on days with muted light, times when absolute monitor brightness isn't the be-all and end-all. Does it help you see better FPV is the critical question. Give me detail and color accuracy on my camera viewfinder-- any day-- over bulk and brightness. But that's just me,

Viewing video at 720p means you are throwing away video detail with this expensive tablet v. almost any other phone or tablet that's currently available. If you've gotten into this particular AEII drone for high quality photography, you may tend to fly primarily in the golden hours at dawn and sunset or on days with muted light, times when absolute monitor brightness isn't the be-all and end-all. Does it help you see better FPV, is the critical question Give me detail and color accuracy on my camera viewfinder-- any day-- over bulk and brightness. But that's just me,

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller