Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

Gang,
I have been approached by TRIPLTEK to review their Pro tablet coming out, once they get some in. Since I have the 6G version now, I can do a side by side comparison with the 8G version. I expect the screens are exactly the same, and my 6G version runs top notch. Let me know what kind of testing you want to see done, and I will try and do it, and write up a comparison review. TRIPLTEK guys are top notch....they are making great inroads into our drone communities and the tablet fills a great need to have a robust bright tablet, with recent Android version that can stomp all over DJI's CS, since they are not updating them anymore. There really isn't much competition for this market share, and if the TRIPLTEK could only have HDMI out...it would probably be just about perfect for an all around device that you do not have to dedicate only to drone flying. Lots of uses for the TRIPLTEK.

Question for you guys...has anyone taken off the anti-glare screen? I didn't take it off, but want to see what the screen looks like without it on. Must be easy to put back on, no?

Gang,
I have been approached by TRIPLTEK to review their Pro tablet coming out, once they get some in. Since I have the 6G version now, I can do a side by side comparison with the 8G version. I expect the screens are exactly the same, and my 6G version runs top notch. Let me know what kind of testing you want to see done, and I will try and do it, and write up a comparison review. TRIPLTEK guys are top notch....they are making great inroads into our drone communities and the tablet fills a great need to have a robust bright tablet, with recent Android version that can stomp all over DJI's CS, since they are not updating them anymore. There really isn't much competition for this market share, and if the TRIPLTEK could only have HDMI out...it would probably be just about perfect for an all around device that you do not have to dedicate only to drone flying. Lots of uses for the TRIPLTEK.

Question for you guys...has anyone taken off the anti-glare screen? I didn't take it off, but want to see what the screen looks like without it on. Must be easy to put back on, no?
I took mine off to try without it as the sensitivity was just a tad off, be careful not to scratch the screen when pulling it off. Sensitivity is now perfect. Downside is you wont get it back on and it will have fingerprints etc on it from taking it off so once off it is trash, if it doesn't crack (mine did) Have about 4 hours on the T7121 and have not had one single issue and it works perfect I also have the 6K and the 8K models, No issues on either. IMO it's the best damn thing out there. Flying in South Florida under high temps and UV light. Its is a game changer as far as I am concerned.

Very high gloss appearance on the tablet main screen - not an issue for me, If it takes on South Florida I imagine it's good to go anywhere.

Also . . .getting brain dead here, I got a T Mobile sim card, it does makes texts and phone calls and surfs the web. Quite the ticket. Nada to review its flawless - NO BS

Very high gloss appearance on the tablet main screen - not an issue for me, If it takes on South Florida I imagine it's good to go anywhere.
Thanks for that Bob....does the screen look sharper without the anti-glare screen on there? Thats what I am interested in. This thing is great in the hot Hawaiian sun...If you still have the anti-glare screen off, can you post a picture?

Last edited:
Thanks for that Bob....does the screen look sharper without the screen on there? Thats what I am interested in. This thing is great in the hot Hawaiian sun...
Yep it sure does, maybe we need a Miami vs Hawaii showdown? LOL

Reactions: Quad808
Their customer service department also reached out to me about 6 weeks ago and spoke with me about my files for for the cable dimensions and criticism I had. Bro this company actually listens to its peeps, uhh who else does that? And they are 12 miles from my house. Go figure that one.

Attachments

• Preferred Amazon Cable - T7121.pdf
    216.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Tripltek Cable Measurements.pdf
    357.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Quad808
wow...great review with differences between the 6G vs the 8G....LOL, now I don't have to do any benchmarks...just use it for a while and give my impressions.!

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
Just FYI -
I took the anti-glare screen off. Simple, and its a high quality glass anti-glare screen, the held on by static kind, so no leaving any residue when you remove it. I used a credit card to start prying up one side, and just worked my way down, came off easily in one piece. These are the best type of screens, since you can take on and off easily...and if anything like a hair is under it when putting on, just use a piece of scotch tape and you can easily get rid of it.
The difference in sharpness in the screen is night and day! Yes, you get glare, but the trade off in color vibrancy is great! I think I can deal with it like this....will see how it does in the sun..won't be as good, but the trade off is probably worth it IMO.

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
ordered mine today. Have gone the 8G version and the mount they are selling

has anyone tried this mount?
Cant wait to get my hands on this beast. hopefully wont take too long to get to Australia. Have a lot of people very interested in seeing this guy in action,(including some military contractors) so if it all works out I think quite a few more will be heading to our shores.

Reactions: DaveMH
Got my TRIPLTEK Pro recently. Great product but is heavy!
I am using a LiftThor mount on my EVO II controller, which is a great product and customer service is outstanding.
BUT LiftThor's standard tablet mount isn't ideal for the new Tripltek.
I contacted:
Tore Kvittem
Owner / Designer
Thors Drone World, Norway
He got back to me within 24 hours (time differences) with the following information.

"The special mount for the Tripltek will most likely be available by the end of February / first days of March. Its currently on its final stages in prototyping before we start the actual production.
After I got the Tripltek unit myself I noticed a couple of facts regarding todays clamp with the use of the Tripltek. The Tripltek weights quite a lot and the center of gravity with today's solution made the whole setup very top heavy.. Also the thickness of the Tripltek is on the edge of what todays solution can handle - but it does with very low margin.

So the advantage of the new Tripletek bracket will lower the Center of Gravity substantial and make it far more balanced. The mounting method will also make it safer as it will be screwed on the bracket instead of the spring system on todays tablet clamp, which is more than good enough for a normal tablet due to lower weight an inertia.
With the new bracket you can also choose to add a quick release bracket so the Tripletek can mount/unmount in a second - literally.

I'm in close discussion with the Tripltek company and they are very excited about the new bracket."

I will be getting their Tripltek mount when available.
Lifthor is a first class operation - as is Tripltek.

I will be getting the Pro version in a day or two...will do some side by side comparison with the 6G model. Same form factor, just Pro is a little faster. Also TRIPLTEK is sending me some brackets to see if they will work to grip the tablet, using existing tablet holders...like extenders, so will be able to review those as well.
TRIPLETEK also has their .stl file available for the Mavic air 2 and Mini 2 RC, which I am printing up now to test. The .stl is only $4.99US if you have a 3D printer.
Don't forget....even though TRIPLTEK says that you can only use a 128G micro SD, a 256G works fine. Using one in the 6G model right now.

ordered mine today. Have gone the 8G version and the mount they are selling

has anyone tried this mount?
Cant wait to get my hands on this beast. hopefully wont take too long to get to Australia. Have a lot of people very interested in seeing this guy in action,(including some military contractors) so if it all works out I think quite a few more will be heading to our shores.
The benefit of this mount over the thor is the way that it shifts the Tripletek and you can see the OLE Autel screen a lot better. As for balance I can't say as I have 2 Thors already and up to my coffee cups in cash.

The only thing that looks concerning to me is that the tripltek mount looks to be help in place by just the one screw on the top of the holder. I’m wondering if this is going to be suitable. Guess I’ll find out when it arrives.
I’m certainly interested in what lifthor come up with as I have a heap of their hardware already and its all good stuff

Reactions: DaveMH
for just 1200 nits I'm not so sure I should set aside my c.s. if this were 2000+ nits, I would buy it.

to start with, for the 8g model, what are we running that takes advantage of the more powerful processor?

I guess it’s future proofing and good for those of us with multiple platforms. You you just need it for one aircraft and crystalsky working with no issues, then there is no reason to upgrade

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles