Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

Just an update on my tablet and the USB-C connection area. The tablet molding is slightly small on the left side, facing the usb-c connection, screen side up. You can either cut a cable molding a bit to have the slightly wider USB-C cables fit, OR...you can go extreme and bust out your Dremel and widen the connection area just a bit. This is the actual case molding and NOT the rubber bumper protection.

Guess which one I chose? Yep, Dremel. It was easy to do, I covered the USB-C area with some tape to keep the particles of plastic from going in there and just ground down some of the area on the left side of the connection to make it wider. Checked with cables that wouldn't fit previously and no problems now. Only had to remove a slight bit, and the cable is very snug when connected, when before I couldn't connect it.

Tripltek needs to fix this, but that might be a bit of work, but problem solved.
Big rotors! lol. Also when I registered mine and told them about the issue they contacted me and are working on that. I have to say they are pretty on the ball and I used mine today and it all flew perfect and I like it. No issues and drama free.

Newly Received, Pro, the new Android 9 model?
Had it worked previously or is this new setup and hasn't yet worked correctly?

If newly setup, does a full reset correct? Then before installing apps, determine if location functional with Google Maps. Knowing it's a potential problem, I'd check intermittently as you install apps.
Pro 9

Reactions: PingSpike

If newly setup, does a full reset correct? Then before installing apps, determine if location functional with Google Maps. Knowing it's a potential problem, I'd check intermittently as you install apps.
Apparently he just received the new Android 9 model and had problems with the location services. Resetting the tablet only compounded his problems.

• Wow
The original poster's thread is very interesting:

I re-wrote the firmware upgrade instructions for Tripltek, just to be helpful. The tablet will need to be re-certified by Google, and I believe the instructions are in the manual...this is why google services aren't working properly.

This is from the firmware upgrade instructions:
After completing the above steps, you will get messages about the Google Play Store. Ignore these for now. Connect the TRIPLTEK tablet to WiFi. You will need to register your tablet to be Google Play Protect Certified.

How to register your device to be Google Play Protected Certificated:

Be sure your device is connected to WIFI with access to the internet.

On the device, go to the “Device ID APP” and copy the number under Google Service Framework (GSF).

Using Google Chrome on your computer, go to Sign in - Google Accounts You will need to sign into your Google account.

Paste or enter the # from step 2 exactly as shown. Press Register.

Restart your device and your device will be Google Play Protected.

Now you can access the Google Play Store and sign in. If you receive the same message about being uncertified, just exit and launch the Google Play store until you are able to login in into your Google account. You may need to restart your tablet.

Last edited:
Ok Tripltek fans, or Evo users in general. I have a very, VERY easy to do tablet mount that works...ummmm....FANTASTIC, and you may have everything you need right now at home to make this bracket. No 3d printer needed. Just:
20210103_133427.jpg
Yep, you are seeing that correctly. Just two screws and a straight brace. I talked to my Father in law....total old school guy, who can make just about anything, and he is 84 yrs young! Here was my criteria: Easy to put on. Easy to take off. Light. Sturdy. Must be able to attach a tablet holder to the handles of the RC, without being a permanent mount, so you can easily put it in your case. We sat down and looked at the Evo RC. Bounced some ideas off each other. A day later, he came up with this. OMG. Brilliant. The ONLY mod you need to do to your Evo RC is to drill a hole in each underside of the RC arms, just large enough to push the screws into:

20210103_133216.jpg

Look at the attached pics....Brilliant. You can even leave the screws in the RC, and it will still fit in your case. You don't need to drill the top side of the RC arms, unless you use a really big screw. You can either attach screws from the top and fasten on the bottom, or vice versa. I have only hand tightened and it is solid, EVEN with the heavy Tripltek tablet attached. Weight is now more evenly balanced, for a tablet, or phone use. I never cared for the Evo RC holder being on the top-front side of the RC...too heavy. Basically you are holding the tablet holder against the RC with the bracket. It looks like you can use just about any of the Tablet holders for the DJI Mavic that some of you may have.
The red, all aluminum holder you see, is excellent, since: Its light weight, very strong, and can be fully articulated to how YOU want it to be.

Amazon.com: Anbee Foldable Aluminum Tablet Stand Smart Phone Holder Bracket with Lanyard Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 / Mavic Mini 2 / Mini / Pro /Mavic Air/Spark Drone Remote Controller (Red): Electronics (I made this like to Amazon...safe)
Amazon.com: Skyreat Mavic Mini Air Pro Foldable Aluminum Metal 4-11" Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro,Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air,Spark Accessories Remote Controller: Electronics (same with this one....links to the other table holder in my pictures attached)

In using the red tablet holder, you can widen the front hole and use a USB elbow to then connect the cable under the tablet holder, or you can just connect like normal. This bracket will NOT block either the air intake vent on the RC, or the USB connections. My drilling job into the arms isn't the greatest, but it works great.
Let me know what you guys think and I would be interested to see what you guy come up with if this idea appeals to you. Costs pennies to make, other than the price of the tablet holders. You could even use super strong velcro on the bar, and tablet if you were worried about the tablet holder slipping, but I don't think its necessary. You could also drill directly through the tablet holder edge and attach the screws directly to the holder if you wanted. Its a simple, easy to do mod that works. The red tablet holder also has a middle screw hold, so if you wanted, you could attached the metal bar to the tablet holder permanently, so that for sure, that table bracket isn't going anywhere.

EDIT: Oh yah, one more thing. The red bracket comes with a lanyard and can be attached by the two holes in the back of the bracket.

Attachments

• Evo Tablet holder.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: lukappaseidue
I re-wrote the firmware upgrade instructions for Tripltek, just to be helpful. The table will need to be re-certified by Google, and I believe the instructions are in the manual...this is why google services aren't working properly.

After completing the above steps, you will get messages about the Google Play Store. Ignore these for now. Connect the TRIPLTEK tablet to WiFi. You will need to register your tablet to be Google Play Protect Certified.

On the device, go to the “Device ID APP” and copy the number under Google Service Framework (GSF).

Using Google Chrome on your computer, go to Sign in - Google Accounts You will need to sign into your Google account.

Now you can access the Google Play Store and sign in. If you receive the same message about being uncertified, just exit and launch the Google Play store until you are able to login in into your Google account. You may need to restart your tablet.
Awesome job, thanks!

Ok Tripltek fans, or Evo users in general. I have a very, VERY easy to do tablet mount that works...ummmm....FANTASTIC, and you may have everything you need right now at home to make this bracket. No 3d printer needed. Just:
View attachment 9557
Yep, you are seeing that correctly. Just two screws and a straight brace. I talked to my Father in law....total old school guy, who can make just about anything, and he is 84 yrs young! Here was my criteria: Easy to put on. Easy to take off. Light. Sturdy. Must be able to attach a tablet holder to the handles of the RC, without being a permanent mount, so you can easily put it in your case. We sat down and looked at the Evo RC. Bounced some ideas off each other. A day later, he came up with this. OMG. Brilliant. The ONLY mod you need to do to your Evo RC is to drill a hole in each underside of the RC holders, just large enough to push the screws into:

View attachment 9558

Look at the attached pics....Brilliant. You can even leave the screws in the RC, and it will still fit in your case. You can either attach screws from the top and fasten on the bottom, or vice versa. I have only hand tightened and it is solid, EVEN with the heavy Tripltek tablet attached. Weight is now more evenly balanced, for a tablet, or phone use. I never cared for the Evo RC holder being on the front side of the RC...too heavy. Basically you are holding the tablet holder against the RC with the bracket. It looks like you can use just about any of the Tablet holders for the DJI Mavic that some of you have.
The red, all aluminum holder you see, is excellent, since: Its light weight, very strong, and can be fully articulated to how YOU want it to be.

Amazon.com: Anbee Foldable Aluminum Tablet Stand Smart Phone Holder Bracket with Lanyard Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 / Mavic Mini 2 / Mini / Pro /Mavic Air/Spark Drone Remote Controller (Red): Electronics (I made this like to Amazon...safe)
Amazon.com: Skyreat Mavic Mini Air Pro Foldable Aluminum Metal 4-11" Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro,Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air,Spark Accessories Remote Controller: Electronics (same with this one....links to the other table holder in my pictures attached)

In using the red tablet holder, you can widen the front hole and use a USB elbow to then connect the cable under the tablet, or you can just connect like normal. This bracket will NOT block either the air intake vent on the RC, or the USB connections. My drilling job isn't the greatest, but it works great.
Let me know what you guys think and I would be interested to see what you guy come up with if this idea appeals to you. Costs pennies to make, other than the price of the tablet holders. You could even use super strong velcro on the bar, and tablet if you were worried about the holder slipping, but I don't think its necessary. You could also drill directly through the tablet holder edge and attach the screws directly to the holder if you wanted. Its a simple, easy to do mod that works.

EDIT: Oh yah, one more thing. The red bracket comes with a lanyard and can be attached by the two holes in the back of the bracket.
Very cool! Good for you.

I re-wrote the firmware upgrade instructions for Tripltek, just to be helpful. The tablet will need to be re-certified by Google, and I believe the instructions are in the manual...this is why google services aren't working properly.

Thank you for your help. I am curious. Are you affiliated with Tripltek in any way?

Thank you for your help. I am curious. Are you affiliated with Tripltek in any way?
Not at all. Their instructions for the firmware upgrade were really bad, so I re-wrote them and sent them to them....they thanked me and are using them now.

Reactions: Mavikhan
They respond to you almost after you hit send. Tripltek has the best damn customer service - Hands Down. Tablet works bottom line, no drama and end of story. Got what I paid for and couldn't ask for better.

Ok, so you bought the TRIPLTEK. You have either a Mavic Air 2 or a Mini 2, along with your EVO II or EVO I. Now how do you mount this TRIPLTEK onto the RC for the Air 2 and/or Mini 2? Well my friends, here is how...buy 3 things.
1. Extension cable: (that you can still coil into the RC for storage) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K481574/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. USB-C to USB-C 90 degree adapter to plug into the TRIPLTEK. You may need to shave down one side of the plastic on the adapter in order to get it to fit into the TRIPLTEK, because of the off center USB-C of the tablet: Amazon.com: USB C Angle Adapter [2 Pack] 90 Degree USB-C Type C Male to Female Adapter, Upward & Downward Angled USB-C USB 3.1 Type-C Extension for Laptop & Tablet (USB-C Up/Down, Black): Electronics
3. Tablet extension holder: Amazon.com: GEEMEE Tablet Extension Bracket Holeder for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Remote Control, Adjustable Remote Control Tablet Stand Holder Extender Phone Mount for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Accessories: Electronics

With all 3 of these items, the TRIPLTEK holds firm in the RC. Yes, all the weight is forward...can't help that much, but the angle of the tablet is good.

If you just have the EVO I or II, you can still pick up the USB-C to USB-C 90 degree adapter. Its great.

Ok, so you bought the TRIPLTEK. You have either a Mavic Air 2 or a Mini 2, along with your EVO II or EVO I. Now how do you mount this TRIPLTEK onto the RC for the Air 2 and/or Mini 2? Well my friends, here is how...buy 3 things.
1. Extension cable: (that you can still coil into the RC for storage) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K481574/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. USB-C to USB-C 90 degree adapter to plug into the TRIPLTEK. You may need to shave down one side of the plastic on the adapter in order to get it to fit into the TRIPLTEK, because of the off center USB-C of the tablet: Amazon.com: USB C Angle Adapter [2 Pack] 90 Degree USB-C Type C Male to Female Adapter, Upward & Downward Angled USB-C USB 3.1 Type-C Extension for Laptop & Tablet (USB-C Up/Down, Black): Electronics
3. Tablet extension holder: Amazon.com: GEEMEE Tablet Extension Bracket Holeder for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Remote Control, Adjustable Remote Control Tablet Stand Holder Extender Phone Mount for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Accessories: Electronics

With all 3 of these items, the TRIPLTEK holds firm in the RC. Yes, all the weight is forward...can't help that much, but the angle of the tablet is good.

If you just have the EVO I or II, you can still pick up the USB-C to USB-C 90 degree adapter. Its great.
So for the connector USBC from the RC to Tripltek (and I have more cables than I need) the Amazon is always tight and what I use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVPN8HC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - BUT the 90 degree they supply works great I just dont like the double connection. Re: the mount I use the Lifthor and it works perfect for my liking, I use the LifThor Extension holder (Made by Arkon) and leave that mounted to the Tripltek 100% and everything fits in the EMPIRE DRONE EVO case perfectly. For shaving down anything its my face only I have not attempted NOR will I shave something to fit. I spend the money to use the right product.

The last thing I ever need is for something to happen (crash in which someone is injured or damage to personal property) - and then OC or Opposing Counsel says . . . so you modified the drone tablet by shaving the connector and you never once thought that this might affect the flight?? HMM. I am a legal bubba and always stay vigilant and will then shift a good old fashioned - go pound sand you incompetent moron statement to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mavikhan
Or you could just as easily use the USB-C extension cable supplied in the box by TRIPLTEK...no cable modding needed.

Or you could just as easily use the USB-C extension cable supplied in the box by TRIPLTEK...no cable modding needed.
The only that I dont like with that is you have an additional connection - while it may not matter it just might. Who knows? RC to cable, Cable to Unit vise RC to Unit

If I do use a lanyard I use one such as he DJI padded, if it heavy enough to need a support lanyard its heavy enough to dig into your neck skin when worn - makes sense??

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller