Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

So I am wondering if this cable mod is worth doing regardless of the device we use? Will we gain anything performance wise from this? Will it let the app run smoother or is it just for this tripletek monitor?

thanks for your answers

The Autel controller is charging the Android devices attached to him. The cable is working for all android devices. It will prevent the controller for charging the device. Your controller battery will last longer

Reactions: Tank64
Ok. Here goes. Tablet came in. I also picked up the modded cable from TRIPLTEK.
The tablet is a BEAST. You could probably throw this thing a far distance and it would end up fine. Huge battery. I have not noticed any slow downs, and I can view it in direct sunlight without a problem. Screen is very good as far as touch sensitive goes. Resolution is not the best, since it's 720. I have to mess with it a bit still.
Be aware, its heavy. Depending on how you mount it, I would imagine sore wrists after a while, unless you are using a lanyard.
Loading programs, side loading programs, not an issue at all with this tablet.
Manual says it will only take a 128G microSD card, but I put in a 256 and it sees it, formats it fine and no problems with it.

Cables. Here is where the issues are. The modded cable from TRIPLTEK is a usb A to USB A extension, so you then plug in a usb to USB C to plug into the tablet. Ok, right? Well, I am finding the connection very finicky from the modded cable to the tablet. It keeps cutting out from the app, while using a known perfect USB C cable I use all the time with my Samsung Note 8 to fly with. Now, to TRIPLTEKs credit, they include more cables and adapters in the box...USB A to C...long cable, this one, connected to the modded TRIPLTEK cable works fine, no disconnects. I am still working through this to find a good combination that isn't 5 miles long to use.

All in all, I think it is a good value, if you want something that is super bright that you can use in the sun, and doesn't have a "DJI" name on it.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Tablet mount?? Got mine coming and cant figure out how to mount, any help is appreciated

Yeah I saw that and was trying to find one like the new GPC that allows the rc to still be used in the GPC case but will probably get that. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! Just bought it LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Lifthor mount and Tripletek work great together and RC feels better in hands, Good buy!

I cant make out the band code on the resister used in the video. What wattage rating on the resister used in this mod?
.25, .5, 1, 3 ?

Only issue I have is it got almost delusional but figured out tablet wasn't hooked up - see pdf and it will explain but basically better quality USB C cables are slightly wider at the plug and they wont insert 100% into the unit.

Not sure what you mean by the .25 .5 .1 .3 ? Please clarify.

Attachments

• Tripltek Cable Measurements.pdf
    357.9 KB · Views: 4
Only issue I have is it got almost delusional but figured out tablet wasn't hooked up - see pdf and it will explain but basically better quality USB C cables are slightly wider at the plug and they wont insert 100% into the unit.

I was talking about the usb cable resister mod shown in post #34. Resisters are rated in ohms, have watt ratings and tolerance percentages. I have a band code chart, but can't make out all of the color bands on the resister used in the video. At the level of resistance used in this mod I'm not sure if it makes much difference.

I was talking about the usb cable resister mod shown in post #34. Resisters are rated in ohms, have watt ratings and tolerance percentages. I have a band code chart, but can't make out all of the color bands on the resister used in the video. At the level of resistance used in this mod I'm not sure if it makes much difference.
Roger that, you are more electronically adaptive than me brother. I can barely see let alone decipher color codes. LMAO.

The new T7121 Pro version, has improved GPU, 8 Core CPU stated as faster & more efficient and Android 9.0. Indicating the higher performing GPU allows running Drone Deploy, Drone Harmony, etc.

Same screen & battery as previous model.

This is a great point, and something I ran into yesterday, when messing around with USB-C cables. The problem is the case around the connection on the tablet...its a little close and off center a bit. I have a cable that just barely won't fit, but you could get around it by shaving a small amount off the cable plastic(?) on one side. The other option is to use the included USB-C extension cable connected to the tablet. Thats what I am using for a DJI Mini setup, but with the EVO, I will plug directly into the tablet with a cable that fits. Of course you could always mod the tablet case just a small amount to make the hole wider around the USB-C slot, but I wouldn't. Just shave a bit off the side of the cable if need be. Don't need much to clear.

I'm still using an older iPhone Plus and a sunshade with mine.

I too want to be quickly to place on remote, remove and store without too much assembly, etc. Moreover, I tried an Android device when I first got my Evo II and found at that time that the Android app doesn't show zebra bars in the video mode. That was a no-go for me....

Heavy and bulky. The Samsung S10 + and S20, also 1200 nits and is easier to carry and fits in the pocket!
No they are only 1200 nits full white screen. The app itself is not based on a white screen, so when using the app you may get half the nits brightness even when full... plus the issue of samsung and other phones that auto dim in heavy sunlight, even if you disable it. The Note 8 was 1220 nits screen, but not that bright in heavy sunlight. My Note 9 dims as well. Can't disable that. Wished I could. This tablet looks great but is pricey for what it is.

Reactions: PingSpike
Just an update on my tablet and the USB-C connection area. The tablet molding is slightly small on the left side, facing the usb-c connection, screen side up. You can either cut a cable molding a bit to have the slightly wider USB-C cables fit, OR...you can go extreme and bust out your Dremel and widen the connection area just a bit. This is the actual case molding and NOT the rubber bumper protection.

Guess which one I chose? Yep, Dremel. It was easy to do, I covered the USB-C area with some tape to keep the particles of plastic from going in there and just ground down some of the area on the left side of the connection to make it wider. Checked with cables that wouldn't fit previously and no problems now. Only had to remove a slight bit, and the cable is very snug when connected, when before I couldn't connect it.

Tripltek needs to fix this, but that might be a bit of work, but problem solved.

Newly Received, Pro, the new Android 9 model?
Had it worked previously or is this new setup and hasn't yet worked correctly?

If newly setup, does a full reset correct? Then before installing apps, determine if location functional with Google Maps. Knowing it's a potential problem, I'd check intermittently as you install apps.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t