Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Mary Island on Lake Superior

Beautiful video, thoroughly enjoyed it! Really nice flying too. Are those summer-only cabins, or do folks live there? Does that area of the lake freeze-over in winter?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Beautiful video, thoroughly enjoyed it! Really nice flying too. Are those summer-only cabins, or do folks live there? Does that area of the lake freeze-over in winter?

People used to live there all year. One women from my Photography group on facebook used to live there year round and her dad was a commercial fisherman. Her dad would take the kids in the boat in the morning to catch the school bus to school up the road on the main land. I think these are just summer cottages now. And yes it freezes most years enough to drive out there with your truck or car. Great place for ice fishing if you just want to walk out. Here is a pick of spring time two years ago. Last year it never froze enough for solid ice.
screenshot-www.youtube.com-2020.06.18-15_16_58.png

Very similar to Mackinac Island!
In the Winter time the only way to get to the ISLAND is by Car or Snowmobile. They place Christmas Trees along the route going to and from the island. When spring rolls around, and Christmas Trees begin to disappear as the ice melts, time to stop using the ice road!

Very nice!! 5+ stars because the wifey likes it too!!!!!!!!
Seems we both are having a rough time (too many cold ones) trying to identify the music even though we heard them before.

People used to live there all year. One women from my Photography group on facebook used to live there year round and her dad was a commercial fisherman. Her dad would take the kids in the boat in the morning to catch the school bus to school up the road on the main land. I think these are just summer cottages now. And yes it freezes most years enough to drive out there with your truck or car. Great place for ice fishing if you just want to walk out. Here is a pick of spring time two years ago. Last year it never froze enough for solid ice.
View attachment 7437
It looks like a great place to live. A short boat ride from shore, but long enough to keep it peaceful. Do mountain lions swim? :p

Very nice!! 5+ stars because the wifey likes it too!!!!!!!!
Seems we both are having a rough time (too many cold ones) trying to identify the music even though we heard them before.
Thanks
The music is from a paid site called musicbed. Right now I am using their one month free trial only because I heard about it through a contest I am trying to win. I have tried many music sites with free trial's but this one seems to be the best so far. If I don't win the contest to get a free one years subscription I still might put out the 15 bucks a month as I really like their content and ease of use on their site.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg